inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Slowpoke or Press B to Cancel

Written By: 2001 on 03/15/16 at 3:04 pm

I'm evolving!

http://i.qkme.me/3qxt1j.jpg

I was always a bit too shy to make one of these, but I think I'll give it a shot. Ask and Slowpoke will roll around at the speed of sound to answer.

Subject: Re: Ask Slowpoke or Press B to Cancel

Written By: Howard on 03/15/16 at 3:11 pm

What music do you like?

Written By: 2001 on 03/15/16 at 3:15 pm

What music do you like?

When I was a teen, I liked listening to rock and metal, and even got into some foreign Scandinavian, French and Japanese stuff.

In my latter teen years and now early 20s, I love any song that can make me dance. :)

Written By: annimal on 03/15/16 at 3:16 pm

Are you still going to be slow  bro?

Written By: 2001 on 03/15/16 at 3:21 pm

Are you still going to be slow  bro?

I am still a level 36 Slowpoke last I checked.

Written By: Howard on 03/15/16 at 3:55 pm

Can I press B to cancel?

Written By: 2001 on 03/15/16 at 4:03 pm

Can I press B to cancel?

You can press B to put on your running shoes!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/15/16 at 4:06 pm

Press 'B' for bold?

Written By: 2001 on 03/15/16 at 4:13 pm

Press 'B' for bold?

In the VIM text editor, pressing B will take the cursor to the beginning of the current word (equivalent of pressing Ctrl + left arrow key in a regular text editor).

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/15/16 at 4:17 pm

What's your favorite Pokemon, besides Slowpoke?

Written By: 2001 on 03/15/16 at 4:21 pm

What's your favorite Pokemon, besides Slowpoke?

In terms of design/personality? Lickitung.

In terms of my favourite Pokemon in battle? I always try to have a Staryu or Starmie with me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/15/16 at 5:17 pm

In the VIM text editor, pressing B will take the cursor to the beginning of the current word (equivalent of pressing Ctrl + left arrow key in a regular text editor).
It is a bit hard on a tablet.

Written By: Ripley on 03/15/16 at 11:06 pm

Do you have any pets?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/16/16 at 9:12 am

Have you stopped 'warming up' and finally accepted my theory as the one true theory?

Why do you like real 00s Emo when 2000/2001/2002 emo is clearly superior?

What albums off of my big list have you listened to?

What videos off my big list have you viewed?

Dashboard Confessional. Pretty rad, eh?

Written By: Howard on 03/16/16 at 3:05 pm

It worked for me.

Written By: 2001 on 03/16/16 at 3:10 pm

Do you have any pets?

I had a parrot, but he passed away when I was six. I miss him. :(

Have you stopped 'warming up' and finally accepted my theory as the one true theory?

I've always believed in global warming.

Why do you like real 00s Emo when 2000/2001/2002 emo is clearly superior?

Real 2000s emo gives me the feels. Early 2000s emo doesn't feel serious.

What albums off of my big list have you listened to?

All the Jimmy Eat World ones (but not the EPs because they're not on Spotify), all the Lit ones, and I think one of the Ataris' ones. I just made a playlist out of all of them instead of listening to them one by one. My favourite one so far is Love Song by Allister.

What videos off my big list have you viewed?

Whoops! I forgot about that thread. I've watched all of them except in your latest post. I told you you should make a playlist! I'll try to listen it today or tomorrow when I have time.

Dashboard Confessional. Pretty rad, eh?

Yes, they're pretty good. :) I actually saw a Top 40 emo bands list by Rolling Stone. You won't like it much since its definition of emo is pretty liberal, but it had bands like Sunny Day Real Estate, Rites of Spring, The Promise Ring (which was on your list), and I made a playlist out of it for listening too. It's been a slow burn for me though, because whenever a Fall Out Boy song plays, I repeat it at least 10 times.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/40-greatest-emo-albums-of-all-time-20160301

Written By: 2001 on 03/16/16 at 3:13 pm

It worked for me.

Pretty cool, eh? ;)

Other tips

Ctrl + Z -- undo last action
Ctrl + A -- select all text.
Shift + Left/Right/Up/Down arrow key -- select text to the left/right/up/down respectively.
Ctrl + Shift + Left/Right/Up/Down arrow key -- select word to the left/right/up/down respectively.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/16/16 at 3:24 pm

I've always believed in global warming.

Good. 1998-2002 = Global Warming era.

Real 2000s emo gives me the feels. Early 2000s emo doesn't feel serious.

What do you mean? Early 00s Emo is very serious with it's sweater vests and thick rimmed glasses. It makes me wanna update my MakeOutClub profile!

All the Jimmy Eat World ones (but not the EPs because they're not on Spotify), all the Lit ones, and I think one of the Ataris' ones. I just made a playlist out of all of them instead of listening to them one by one. My favourite one so far is Love Song by Allister.

Good stuff, dude. A lot of the EPs and all that are on YouTube so if you are interested then you can check it out. Allister and The Ataris rule! Glad you checked' em out.

Whoops! I forgot about that thread. I've watched all of them except in your latest post. I told you you should make a playlist! I'll try to listen it today or tomorrow when I have time.

When I get around to it, I shall! Post the reply when you're done with the Saturday morning music videos! ;D

Yes, they're pretty good. :) I actually saw a Top 40 emo bands list by Rolling Stone. You won't like it much since its definition of emo is pretty liberal, but it had bands like Sunny Day Real Estate, Rites of Spring, The Promise Ring (which was on your list), and I made a playlist out of it for listening too. It's been a slow burn for me though, because whenever a Fall Out Boy song plays, I repeat it at least 10 times.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/40-greatest-emo-albums-of-all-time-20160301

Why is the first thing on this list the second Used album!? That's a terrible, terrible album!! The first one is good 1998 styled Post-Hardcore in the vein of Refused, Keepsake and Poison the Well but In Love and Death is made for MySpace!

I like how they added Moss Icon, Embrace, the first Brand New and Taking Back Sunday records (listen to these both in one go. It's like a Hip Hop feud but with early 00's Emo bands), Indian Summer, etc., etc. Good real Emo from the 80's to early 00's but they ruin it with Riot and crap.

Sunny Day Real Estate may have started it but Jawbreaker's Dear You took it a step further and basically created the early 00's sound you hear with JEW and Dashboard.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/16/16 at 3:26 pm

Pretty cool, eh? ;)

Other tips

Shift + Left/Right/Up/Down arrow key -- select text to the left/right/up/down respectively.
Ctrl + Shift + Left/Right/Up/Down arrow key -- select word to the left/right/up/down respectively.
Is there 'to go back to the to the previous page' on the keyboard?

Written By: 2001 on 03/16/16 at 3:40 pm

Good. 1998-2002 = Global Warming era.

What do you mean? Early 00s Emo is very serious with it's sweater vests and thick rimmed glasses. It makes me wanna update my MakeOutClub profile!

Good stuff, dude. A lot of the EPs and all that are on YouTube so if you are interested then you can check it out. Allister and The Ataris rule! Glad you checked' em out.

When I get around to it, I shall! Post the reply when you're done with the Saturday morning music videos! ;D

Why is the first thing on this list the second Used album!? That's a terrible, terrible album!! The first one is good 1998 styled Post-Hardcore in the vein of Refused, Keepsake and Poison the Well but In Love and Death is made for MySpace!

I like how they added Moss Icon, Embrace, the first Brand New and Taking Back Sunday records (listen to these both in one go. It's like a Hip Hop feud but with early 00's Emo bands), Indian Summer, etc., etc. Good real Emo from the 80's to early 00's but they ruin it with Riot and crap.

Sunny Day Real Estate may have started it but Jawbreaker's Dear You took it a step further and basically created the early 00's sound you hear with JEW and Dashboard.

1998-2002 sounds like bad times. They'll make time travel movies above stopping 1998 from happening.

I was hoping you'd catch my joke about Allister! >:( ;D I've actually listened to their stuff before, their 2005 album though LOL

I'll definitely get around to listening to all these albums... soon... the Playlist is 94 hours long...

It took me a while to figure out that JEW = Jimmy Eat World. :o

Written By: 2001 on 03/16/16 at 3:41 pm

Is there 'to go back to the to the previous page' on the keyboard?

Yep! Click on an area of the webpage without editable text, and press the Backspace key. That will take you back to the previous page in your history.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/16/16 at 3:43 pm

1998-2002 sounds like bad times. They'll make time travel movies above stopping 1998 from happening.

I was hoping you'd catch my joke about Allister! >:( ;D I've actually listened to their stuff before, their 2005 album though LOL

I'll definitely get around to listening to all these albums... soon... the Playlist is 94 hours long...

It took me a while to figure out that JEW = Jimmy Eat World. :o

No way! They'll make time travel movies about stopping 2004 from happening!

I did not. :-\\ Dude, that album's terrible! :o Dead Ends and Last Stop are their best.

Hahaha, Jesus! I forgot how much I sent you! ;D Funny thing is.... I got waayyyyyy more!

Yeah, it took me a while at first, too (like 17 years ago). :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/16/16 at 3:44 pm

Yep! Click on an area of the webpage without editable text, and press the Backspace key. That will take you back to the previous page in your history.
Many thanks.

It has happened to me accidentally before, never knowing how it is done.

Written By: Howard on 03/16/16 at 3:56 pm

Pretty cool, eh? ;)

Other tips

way cool O0

Written By: Howard on 03/16/16 at 3:57 pm

that works for me.

Written By: 2001 on 03/16/16 at 4:25 pm

Many thanks.

It has happened to me accidentally before, never knowing how it is done.

I think there's a way to disable it, but I'm not sure how.

that works for me.

Do you guys now about pressing the Page Down and Page Up key for scrolling through a webpage? It's pretty handy! Pressing Home to go to the top, and End to go to the bottom is also nifty if it's long webpage.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/16/16 at 9:42 pm

If we were to have a Decadeologist Death Match and you were forced to fight in the ring against a widely respected historian who is powerful, knowledgeable, intelligent and handsome (like myself) what decadeology fight moves would you use and why? I don't think anyone stands a chance against the master Ph.D doctor himself.

Written By: 2001 on 03/16/16 at 10:10 pm

If we were to have a Decadeologist Death Match and you were forced to fight in the ring against a widely respected historian who is powerful, knowledgeable, intelligent and handsome (like myself) what decadeology fight moves would you use and why? I don't think anyone stands a chance against the master Ph.D doctor himself.

I would argue that the Clear Skies Act, while introduced in 2003, did not get signed into law until 2005, which shows that 2004 actually has a lot in common with the early 2000s. All things considered, 2004 is closer to 1998-2002 than it is to 2009-2012.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/16/16 at 10:15 pm

I would argue that the Clear Skies Act, while introduced in 2003, did not get signed into law until 2005, which shows that 2004 actually has a lot in common with the early 2000s. All things considered, 2004 is closer to 1998-2002 than it is to 2009-2012.

Then I argue that before 2003, Fall Out Boy sounded like New Found Glory's (more) awkward younger brother and Emo meant your band sounded like a copy of Dear You and wore sweater vests. In 2003 they sounded like a real 00's band and Emo meant "When I see the kids with the black hair in their face that are really white with really tight shirts on with little starts on them i think to myself 'hey that kid looks kinda emo'" (real forum post from 2003) proving that 2004 is closer to 2009-2012 than to 1998-2002.

This is why I have the Ph.D.

Written By: 2001 on 03/16/16 at 10:23 pm

Then I argue that before 2003, Fall Out Boy sounded like New Found Glory's (more) awkward younger brother and Emo meant your band sounded like a copy of Dear You and wore sweater vests. In 2003 they sounded like a real 00's band and Emo meant "When I see the kids with the black hair in their face that are really white with really tight shirts on with little starts on them i think to myself 'hey that kid looks kinda emo'" (real forum post from 2003) proving that 2004 is closer to 2009-2012 than to 1998-2002.

This is why I have the Ph.D.

http://supplements.thephoenix.com/supplements/2012/emo/top/?page=10

Written By: 80sfan on 03/17/16 at 12:34 am

Slowpoke, what's the meaning of life?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 6:03 am

http://supplements.thephoenix.com/supplements/2012/emo/top/?page=10

This is all wrong! They mix faux-Emo: Hawthrone Heights, the 2nd MCR, the 3rd TBS, Fall Out Boy up with friggin indie rock: Death Cab; Radio Alt. Rock: AFI and real Emo: Dashboard, TGUK, Sunny Day Real Estate and weirdo Prog Emo: the second Brand new.

This does not prove your point! >:(

Have you listened to any Jawbreaker, yet?

Here's a nice Burlington band. It's from the 90's. ;)

y1I1JXr4NQM

What do you think?

Written By: aja675 on 03/17/16 at 6:07 am

What was your first memory and when was it?

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 10:48 am

Slowpoke, what's the meaning of life?

http://www.vizzed.com/videogames/screenshots/43/436855/70942/Pokemon%20HeartGold%20Version_fc2d46a66bb33345f0883115069b32521434330348-full.png
http://www.vizzed.com/vizzedboard/retro/user_screenshots/saves0/1/GBA--Pokemon%20Ruby_Jan29%2016_07_40.png

Other interesting Pokedex entries:

Ruby/Sapphire: SLOWPOKE uses its tail to catch prey by dipping it in water at the side of a river. However, this POKéMON often forgets what it’s doing and often spends entire days just loafing at water’s edge.

Yellow: Incredibly slow and sluggish. It is quite content to loll about without worrying about the time.

Episode 66: Slowpoke, the Dopey Pokémon. No one can tell when a Slowpoke is thinking, if it ever does think. Its specialty is fishing with its tail.

Episode 244: Slowpoke, the Dopey Pokémon. Slowpoke is always lost in thought though no one knows what it is pondering.

Silver: A sweet sap leaks from its tail's tip. Although not nutritious, the tail is pleasant to chew on.

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 11:35 am

This is all wrong! They mix faux-Emo: Hawthrone Heights, the 2nd MCR, the 3rd TBS, Fall Out Boy up with friggin indie rock: Death Cab; Radio Alt. Rock: AFI and real Emo: Dashboard, TGUK, Sunny Day Real Estate and weirdo Prog Emo: the second Brand new.

This does not prove your point! >:(

Have you listened to any Jawbreaker, yet?

Here's a nice Burlington band. It's from the 90's. ;)

y1I1JXr4NQM

What do you think?

The greatest emo single of all time was Helena from My Chemical Romance. It came out 2004. If we agree that the early 2000s were the greatest, then naturally 2004 has to be included so we can include the greatest emo song. Fall Out Boy's 2005 hit is also included. It rounds of nicely as Zelek would say. Early 2000s = 2000-2005.

I just listened to Fireman and Save Your Generation. I really like Fireman O0

They're really good I heard better garage rock in my neighbourhood in 2002. Hamilton > Burlington 4 lyf

GHCI4DEXHE4

That's my Hamilton jam.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 11:41 am

The greatest emo single of all time was Helena from My Chemical Romance. It came out 2004. If we agree that the early 2000s were the greatest, then naturally 2004 has to be included so we can include the greatest emo song. Fall Out Boy's 2005 hit is also included. It rounds of nicely as Zelek would say. Early 2000s = 2000-2005.

I just listened to Fireman and Save Your Generation. I really like Fireman O0

They're really good I heard better garage rock in my neighbourhood in 2002. Hamilton > Burlington 4 lyf

GHCI4DEXHE4

That's my Hamilton jam.

Dude, no. Come on... Helena!? Have you heard Bullets? It's miles better! >:( Best Emo single... Man, that is a tough one... Probably something by the Movielife. Walking on Glass from 2002, before Emo died in 2003. Zelek would probably say "2004 and 2005 are like the Kenny G of the early 00's" and he would be correct.

I am glad you do! This is where Bleed American got it's sound from. That whole wave of Emo started with Dear You 100%.

Hamilton, eh? I like how you post The Reason the same day I trashed them earlier. They were good from 1997 to 2002 when they were Sewing with Nancie!!

yay3A3AjfHk

Read my comments on these two videos:

41ThAB_tzJI

d_OYZudcj2w

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 11:42 am

What was your first memory and when was it?

I don't know. My memories of 1996/1997 are jumbled up. My first super-clear memory though is in the summer of '97 when I went to Amsterdam. We were outside the royal palace and there were a few guards outside, and they were standing stone still. I wasn't sure if they were statues or real people, so I tried tickling one of them. I noticed his eyes move, but my brother still wasn't convinced that he was human. I was about to bite his hand but my mom dragged me away.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/17/16 at 11:53 am

http://www.vizzed.com/videogames/screenshots/43/436855/70942/Pokemon%20HeartGold%20Version_fc2d46a66bb33345f0883115069b32521434330348-full.png
http://www.vizzed.com/vizzedboard/retro/user_screenshots/saves0/1/GBA--Pokemon%20Ruby_Jan29%2016_07_40.png

Other interesting Pokedex entries:

Ruby/Sapphire: SLOWPOKE uses its tail to catch prey by dipping it in water at the side of a river. However, this POKéMON often forgets what it’s doing and often spends entire days just loafing at water’s edge.

Yellow: Incredibly slow and sluggish. It is quite content to loll about without worrying about the time.

Episode 66: Slowpoke, the Dopey Pokémon. No one can tell when a Slowpoke is thinking, if it ever does think. Its specialty is fishing with its tail.

Episode 244: Slowpoke, the Dopey Pokémon. Slowpoke is always lost in thought though no one knows what it is pondering.

Silver: A sweet sap leaks from its tail's tip. Although not nutritious, the tail is pleasant to chew on.

Bit your tail, Slowpoke.

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 12:00 pm

Dude, no. Come on... Helena!? Have you heard Bullets? It's miles better! >:( Best Emo single... Man, that is a tough one... Probably something by the Movielife. Walking on Glass from 2002, before Emo died in 2003. Zelek would probably say "2004 and 2005 are like the Kenny G of the early 00's" and he would be correct.

I am glad you do! This is where Bleed American got it's sound from. That whole wave of Emo started with Dear You 100%.

Hamilton, eh? I like how you post The Reason the same day I trashed them earlier. They were good from 1997 to 2002 when they were Sewing with Nancie!!

yay3A3AjfHk

Read my comments on these two videos:

41ThAB_tzJI

d_OYZudcj2w

Bullets by whom? Are you talking about their album? Zelek and everyone on YouTube seems to agree 2005 is early 2000s.

I liked The Reason 2005-2010 or so. 2005 is early 2000s. Those songs are great as is anything from Hamilton, but I liked the song I linked more lol.

LOL you sound exactly like you do on these forums, except it's on YouTube ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 12:08 pm

Bullets by whom? Are you talking about their album? Zelek and everyone on YouTube seems to agree 2005 is early 2000s.

I liked The Reason 2005-2010 or so. 2005 is early 2000s. Those songs are great as is anything from Hamilton, but I liked the song I linked more lol.

LOL you sound exactly like you do on these forums, except it's on YouTube ;D

Yeah! The album by My Chemical Romance from 2002 when Frank had dreads and Gerard had spiky hair. Zelek said he's rethinking his views of the "last good era" but he's always viewed 1998-2003 as the early 00's. I'm on YouTube but I make it a point to say "everything sucks after 2003." ;)

Sewing with Nancie run miles around The Reason and their lame brand of mid 2000's "rock". But I'm sorry, British Columbia smokes almost any band from Ontario. d.b.s., Gob, Brand New Unit, Manner Farm and Another Joe are some of the best Canadian bands. The song you linked was like listening to nails on a chalkboard... Man, Sewing With Nancie was at Warped 02 and they ruled.... :\'(

Yeah, of course! ;D But my words speak the truth. A truth that no one can deny.

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 12:16 pm

Yeah! The album by My Chemical Romance from 2002 when Frank had dreads and Gerard had spiky hair. Zelek said he's rethinking his views of the "last good era" but he's always viewed 1998-2003 as the early 00's. I'm on YouTube but I make it a point to say "everything sucks after 2003." ;)

Sewing with Nancie run miles around The Reason and their lame brand of mid 2000's "rock". But I'm sorry, British Columbia smokes almost any band from Ontario. d.b.s., Gob, Brand New Unit, Manner Farm and Another Joe are some of the best Canadian bands. The song you linked was like listening to nails on a chalkboard... Man, Sewing With Nancie was at Warped 02 and they ruled.... :'(

Yeah, of course! ;D But my words speak the truth. A truth that no one can deny.

Sum 41 and Treble Charger are from Ontario. I thought they were your favourite?! >:(

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 1:22 pm

Sum 41 and Treble Charger are from Ontario. I thought they were your favourite?! >:(

True but Gob writes better songs than both of them and they're from B.C. ;) Also, I did say "almost." Simple Plan is from Quebec, do you guys still consider Quebec a part of Canada? My uncle says Quebecers are a bunch of "no good frogs."

Written By: Howard on 03/17/16 at 3:00 pm

I think there's a way to disable it, but I'm not sure how.

Do you guys now about pressing the Page Down and Page Up key for scrolling through a webpage? It's pretty handy! Pressing Home to go to the top, and End to go to the bottom is also nifty if it's long webpage.

thanks for the info. :)

Written By: Howard on 03/17/16 at 3:02 pm

What's the meaning of death?

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 3:54 pm

True but Gob writes better songs than both of them and they're from B.C. ;) Also, I did say "almost." Simple Plan is from Quebec, do you guys still consider Quebec a part of Canada? My uncle says Quebecers are a bunch of "no good frogs."

Haha, that's kind of mean. ;D I speak shoddy French and Quebec makes the best Francophone music and TV shows, so I can't hate them too much.

I have to admit that Allister's Last Stop Suburbia is probably better than their 2005 album.  :(

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 3:57 pm

What's the meaning of death?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/06/61/c5/0661c57f144340604f061f070f8652d4.gif

I believe you're talking about fainting. If you ever faint, go to the nearest Pokecenter and Nurse Joy will heal you back to full health.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 4:03 pm

Haha, that's kind of mean. ;D I speak shoddy French and Quebec makes the best Francophone music and TV shows, so I can't hate them too much.

I have to admit that Allister's Last Stop Suburbia is probably better than their 2005 album.  :(

My uncle is a weird guy. Simple Plan made good music in 2002 so I may not know about them today but 2002 Quebec seemed cool.

Told ya'! It's their best work by far. Also, the Reason's first EP is their only good one. Why? Because it was recorded December 2002 (in Burlington) when they were still Sewing With Nancie so clearly they still wanted to make fast Skate Punk but with a more serious tone but then somebody hit them with the lame bombs in January 2003 and they changed their name.

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 4:12 pm

My uncle is a weird guy. Simple Plan made good music in 2002 so I may not know about them today but 2002 Quebec seemed cool.

Told ya'! It's their best work by far. Also, the Reason's first EP is their only good one. Why? Because it was recorded December 2002 (in Burlington) when they were still Sewing With Nancie so clearly they still wanted to make fast Skate Punk but with a more serious tone but then somebody hit them with the lame bombs in January 2003 and they changed their name.

Regional rivalry  :D BC is for hippies and Quebec is for frogs, as your uncle says. All the normal people live in Ontario. Except Burlington, only snobs live there.

Is it Take A Look At Yourself? I'm also liking Treble Charger. They're good Ontario boys unlike those Gob dirty BC hippies. Vancouver, Washington > Vancouver, BC. If you're gonna be a hippie city then at least have legal weed.  ::)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 4:22 pm

Regional rivalry  :D BC is for hippies and Quebec is for frogs, as your uncle says. All the normal people live in Ontario. Except Burlington, only snobs live there.

Is it Take A Look At Yourself? I'm also liking Treble Charger. They're good Ontario boys unlike those Gob dirty BC hippies. Vancouver, Washington > Vancouver, BC. If you're gonna be a hippie city then at least have legal weed.  ::)

My uncle lives in Toronto. Like, actual Toronto, not the suburbs but he would probably agree with what you've said.

It's the Problem's Associated With Running EP. Take A Look At Yourself was from mid 2002 and released as Sewing With Nancie (it's also the one with One Time Use on it. Pure Pop Punk pretty much). Running is their only good one but I bet if it was recorded in 2003, it would suck. Treble Charger is incredible band! Oh man, I remember they were Canada's national Pop Punk mascots from roughly 1997 to 2003.

A favorite of mine:
qN7csWpBfB8

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 4:36 pm

My uncle lives in Toronto. Like, actual Toronto, not the suburbs but he would probably agree with what you've said.

It's the Problem's Associated With Running EP. Take A Look At Yourself was from mid 2002 and released as Sewing With Nancie (it's also the one with One Time Use on it. Pure Pop Punk pretty much). Running is their only good one but I bet if it was recorded in 2003, it would suck. Treble Charger is incredible band! Oh man, I remember they were Canada's national Pop Punk mascots from roughly 1997 to 2003.

A favorite of mine:
qN7csWpBfB8

I used to live in Toronto from 2004-2011. Well, not downtown Toronto, but in East York. It was a 10 minute subway ride to downtown though, so it didn't feel far.

I'll take a listen, but it's not on Spotify  :( I might have to buy it with Google Play credit lol. I'm pretty sure Sum 41 was more popular after 2002 though. All the kids in school talked Sum 41 non-stop 2002-2005 from what I remember. ;D

Damn, that song's really good  :D BC is irrelevant.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 4:44 pm

I used to live in Toronto from 2004-2011. Well, not downtown Toronto, but in East York. It was a 10 minute subway ride to downtown though, so it didn't feel far.

I'll take a listen, but it's not on Spotify  :( I might have to buy it with Google Play credit lol. I'm pretty sure Sum 41 was more popular after 2002 though. All the kids in school talked Sum 41 non-stop 2002-2005 from what I remember. ;D

Damn, that song's really good  :D BC is irrelevant.

I think he lives in like... North York, maybe? So he doesn't live downtown, though but he's pretty close. He's lived there before you guys got amalgamated in 1998. Oh yeah, he says people from Alberta are nasty rednecks and hicks. I know nothing about Alberta except for Nickelback but do you agree with this?

Oh no! Don't give Google (or the reason. You should buy Sewing with Nancie only) your money. I wish I had the CD 'cause then I could upload it (but first, I'd make a cover for the Sewing with Nancie edition). You sure? I'd say Sum 41's mainstream peak was probably from Makes No Difference in 2000 to the Hell Song in 2003 but they were still big throughout the crappy Chuck era.

Dude, BC's still pretty sick. Listen to this:

F0tYWj7fR9I

Is this song rad or what!

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 4:58 pm

I think he lives in like... North York, maybe? So he doesn't live downtown, though but he's pretty close. He's lived there before you guys got amalgamated in 1998. Oh yeah, he says people from Alberta are nasty rednecks and hicks. I know nothing about Alberta except for Nickelback but do you agree with this?

Oh no! Don't give Google (or the reason. You should buy Sewing with Nancie only) your money. I wish I had the CD 'cause then I could upload it (but first, I'd make a cover for the Sewing with Nancie edition). You sure? I'd say Sum 41's mainstream peak was probably from Makes No Difference in 2000 to the Hell Song in 2003 but they were still big throughout the crappy Chuck era.

Dude, BC's still pretty sick. Listen to this:

F0tYWj7fR9I

Is this song rad or what!

North York is awesome, it's become a lot more hip the past decade or so. I hang out there pretty often. And yeah, the stereotype of Alberta is them being rednecks. Slim95 is from there so I wouldn't say it too often ;D

But I get a 10% discount from Google because I have a Play Music trial until March 26 :D Yeah, they were popular from 2000 as well, but most people my age were too young to get into them, we were listening to NSYNC and Linkin Park. It was 2002ish when Simple Plan and Avril Lavigne came out, Sum 41 became popular with them.

Hmm, I'd still say Ontario wins. Treble Charger > Gob. Did you know people in BC pronounce duty like "doodie"? Gross, we're talking about responsibility not poop. In Ontario we pronounce it "dyutie". That's proper.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 5:12 pm

North York is awesome, it's become a lot more hip the past decade or so. I hang out there pretty often. And yeah, the stereotype of Alberta is them being rednecks. Slim95 is from there so I wouldn't say it too often ;D

But I get a 10% discount from Google because I have a Play Music trial until March 26 :D Yeah, they were popular from 2000 as well, but most people my age were too young to get into them, we were listening to NSYNC and Linkin Park. It was 2002ish when Simple Plan and Avril Lavigne came out, Sum 41 became popular with them.

Hmm, I'd still say Ontario wins. Treble Charger > Gob. Did you know people in BC pronounce duty like "doodie"? Gross, we're talking about responsibility not poop. In Ontario we pronounce it "dyutie". That's proper.

Yeah, there are a lot of hipsters there. 8-P But my uncle, the guy doesn't even notice! "Huh? I don't see that many Hipsters" but North York is littered with them! I might ask Slim and see what he says. My uncle doesn't like it there, nor does he like it up north (too cold).

The EP isn't that good, though. It's good but the actual Sewing With Nancie stuff is worth paying for! People my age caught on right in 2000 (me, on the other hand, caught on in 1999). :P But Sum 41 were already much bigger! Besides, they're like, the only Canadian band who didn't go on the "Try to Shut Me Up" tour in 2002-2003 with Gob, Simple Plan, Swollen Members (a god damn hip hop group!!!), Our Lady Peace, Autopilot Off, etc. Jesus, even her 2003 concerts were pretty edgy! Sum's success didn't get any bigger, though. Actually, I'd say by mid-late 2003, they started falling off and Simple Plan kinda followed to the point where they were big enough but not really in the spotlight anymore like 2000-2002. Deryck dating Paris Hilton in 2003 also screwed up their reputation with fans.

I dunno, man. Boarder-area Canada in general has an incredible Pop Punk scene. Ontario and BC are basically the hotspots but I gotta say, not too many good bands come from Toronto itself. They're always from the suburbs. That reminds me of that one Beavis and Butthead episode... Memories of Beavis and Butthead make me pretty happy, you know.

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 5:29 pm

Yeah, there are a lot of hipsters there. 8-P But my uncle, the guy doesn't even notice! "Huh? I don't see that many Hipsters" but North York is littered with them! I might ask Slim and see what he says. My uncle doesn't like it there, nor does he like it up north (too cold).

The EP isn't that good, though. It's good but the actual Sewing With Nancie stuff is worth paying for! People my age caught on right in 2000 (me, on the other hand, caught on in 1999). :P But Sum 41 were already much bigger! Besides, they're like, the only Canadian band who didn't go on the "Try to Shut Me Up" tour in 2002-2003 with Gob, Simple Plan, Swollen Members (a god damn hip hop group!!!), Our Lady Peace, Autopilot Off, etc. Jesus, even her 2003 concerts were pretty edgy! Sum's success didn't get any bigger, though. Actually, I'd say by mid-late 2003, they started falling off and Simple Plan kinda followed to the point where they were big enough but not really in the spotlight anymore like 2000-2002. Deryck dating Paris Hilton in 2003 also screwed up their reputation with fans.

I dunno, man. Boarder-area Canada in general has an in credible Pop Punk scene. Ontario and BC are basically the hotspots but I gotta say, not too many good bands come from Toronto itself. They're always from the suburbs. That reminds me of that one Beavis and Butthead episode... Memories of Beavis and Butthead make me pretty happy, you know.

There are?? North York isn't too hipster to me. It's mostly just wealthy Asians now. It has a lot of good Korean and Persian restaurants. My old borough (East York) became infested with hipsters, but I was a hipster sorta (bike riding, coffee drinking, preppy-dressing, foreign cuisine eating etc.)  so I can't really complain. There's a huge weekend festival called "Taste of the Danforth", I think it's the third largest in Toronto now, and it pretty much brings all the hipster foodies that upload their food to Instagram before they eat it into the neighbourhood for the weekend.

I'm pretty sure Sum 41 was always more popular than Treble Charger, just by looking at how many charting singles they had. Sum 41 was still pretty huge here when they released Pieces. I remember that playing on Much Music non-stop, and all the girls fangirling.  ;D

Damn, I wish I was there.  :( Although it can do without Gob.

I think pop-punk bands don't come from Toronto because it's mostly apartments. You can't really make loud noises there.

What do you think about South Park?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 5:40 pm

There are?? North York isn't too hipster to me. It's mostly just wealthy Asians now. It has a lot of good Korean and Persian restaurants. My old borough (East York) became infested with hipsters, but I was a hipster sorta (bike riding, coffee drinking, preppy-dressing, foreign cuisine eating etc.)  so I can't really complain. There's a huge weekend festival called "Taste of the Danforth", I think it's the third largest in Toronto now, and it pretty much brings all the hipster foodies that upload their food to Instagram before they eat it into the neighbourhood for the weekend.

I'm pretty sure Sum 41 was always more popular than Treble Charger, just by looking at how many charting singles they had. Sum 41 was still pretty huge here when they released Pieces. I remember that playing on Much Music non-stop, and all the girls fangirling.  ;D

Damn, I wish I was there.  :( Although it can do without Gob.

I think pop-punk bands don't come from Toronto because it's mostly apartments. You can't really make loud noises there.

What do you think about South Park?

Definitely not as bad as Downtown but the whole place seems to be infested with hipsters. Norcal/Socal are pretty bad as well but I think Toronto has waaaayyy more. Oh yeah, I've heard of that. My uncle goes every year and he said the Greek food is the greatest over there. I can't agree or disaggre as I've only had stuff from your guys Mr. Greek chain (it's not bad).

Yeah, they totally were but Treble Charger invoked some weird sense of pride from you guys. They were Canada's sweethearts! You see, that is a different Sum 41. That's not the band who released Half Hour-Infected. ;) They still definitely weren't as big. Pop Punk had such a huge, huge explosion from 1998 to 2002 that 2003 started to wind down into crappy faux-Emo. Man, that sucked.

Dude, Gob rules. :o Look at how mean and tough people in 2002 the 90's were. Man, those Gob guys are Hardcore:

https://i.gyazo.com/d29f996661e9ff73368fac9dc0cfdf14.png

I would of gone just to see those bands but I really didn't wanna see Avril live.

Yeah, that's the truth. It's always the smaller towns with the best scenes.

I love it! It kinda fell off for a while but the PC Principal season was totally hilarious. "BRO YOU THROW DOWN!? I'M PC!! PC! PC!"  My favorite episode is probably the one when they find the Lord of the Rings tape and Butters goes all Golem. You're probably asking because of the movie, ehh? Blame Canada! ;) I saw that in theaters.

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 6:05 pm

Definitely not as bad as Downtown but the whole place seems to be infested with hipsters. Norcal/Socal are pretty bad as well but I think Toronto has waaaayyy more. Oh yeah, I've heard of that. My uncle goes every year and he said the Greek food is the greatest over there. I can't agree or disaggre as I've only had stuff from your guys Mr. Greek chain (it's not bad).

Yeah, they totally were but Treble Charger invoked some weird sense of pride from you guys. They were Canada's sweethearts! You see, that is a different Sum 41. That's not the band who released Half Hour-Infected. ;) They still definitely weren't as big. Pop Punk had such a huge, huge explosion from 1998 to 2002 that 2003 started to wind down into crappy faux-Emo. Man, that sucked.

Dude, Gob rules. :o Look at how mean and tough people in 2002 the 90's were. Man, those Gob guys are Hardcore:

https://i.gyazo.com/d29f996661e9ff73368fac9dc0cfdf14.png

I would of gone just to see those bands but I really didn't wanna see Avril live.

Yeah, that's the truth. It's always the smaller towns with the best scenes.

I love it! It kinda fell off for a while but the PC Principal season was totally hilarious. "BRO YOU THROW DOWN!? I'M PC!! PC! PC!"  My favorite episode is probably the one when they find the Lord of the Rings tape and Butters goes all Golem. You're probably asking because of the movie, ehh? Blame Canada! ;) I saw that in theaters.

Really? I always thought San Francisco was the birthplace of the hippies/hipster.  :o  I remember my friends who moved to Vancouver complaining about manbuns in 2013 while I didn't see my first until 2015. If I had to pick the most hipster cities in North America, it would probably be 1) Portland, 2) San Francisco, 3) Vancouver, 4) Seattle, 5) Toronto ;D

I was too young to witness their popularity  :( Looking at Wikipedia, Sum 41's best selling album was their 2007 one (Underclass Hero), which is surprising to me.  ;D I would've thought it would be their 2004 one ;)

It seems people got more hardcore after 2004. And you call us pansy...

Avril was there?! 2003 Avril?! Where's my time machine!  >:( (she sucks live though...)

LOL I can't lie I actually like that song.  ;D I used to watch it as early as 7 years old. The "gingers have no souls" episode was really popular in my neighbourhood. I thanked my parents everyday for not giving me red hair.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 6:18 pm

Really? I always thought San Francisco was the birthplace of the hippies/hipster.  :o  I remember my friends who moved to Vancouver complaining about manbuns in 2013 while I didn't see my first until 2015. If I had to pick the most hipster cities in North America, it would probably be 1) Portland, 2) San Francisco, 3) Vancouver, 4) Seattle, 5) Toronto ;D

I was too young to witness their popularity  :( Looking at Wikipedia, Sum 41's best selling album was their 2007 one (Underclass Hero), which is surprising to me.  ;D I would've thought it would be their 2004 one ;)

It seems people got more hardcore after 2004. And you call us pansy...

Avril was there?! 2003 Avril?! Where's my time machine!  >:( (she sucks live though...)

LOL I can't lie I actually like that song.  ;D I used to watch it as early as 7 years old. The "gingers have no souls" episode was really popular in my neighbourhood. I thanked my parents everyday for not giving me red hair.

I think it is. San Jose is has quite a bit but San Francisco has a whole ton since it's the "tech capital" and all. Silicon Valley is a funny place but I think the concentration of Hipsters in one place is higher in Toronto, specifically downtown. You're probably right about Portland, Seattle and Vancouver having more but I'd but Seattle at number 2 (Grunge, y'know).

Wait... Was it really? That's one's the worst! I thought All Killer and Infected would be. Wow... They still fell off about 2003. You guys did go pansy in 2004! Hardcore? In 2002, the Sums make a semi-serious album (with still a lot of jokes and rapping) with a loud Metally-Pop Punk sound. In 2004, they make some wussy faux-Emo album. Hawthorne Heights are the biggest babies, too. Stop crying you wimps! Be men!

Dude, she headlined :P:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6a/Avril_tosmutourposter.jpg

I wouldn't know 'cause I've never seen her live but early-mid pre-Skin recording Avril was still somewhat decent, I guess.

I remember that was a huge thing. What was it called again, "kick a ginger day"? A lot of kids got in trouble for actually kicking gingers and crap. Kyle was a daywalker, that was funny but nothing beats that Lord of the Rings episode. That one's hilarious.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 6:33 pm

Waaiiit... Why on earth did I link you the chart? I meant to link this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91M6CCkXGuL._SL1500_.jpg

Sometimes my god damn copy paste doesn't work. That musta made no sense to you. Anyways, I present to you the 90's 2002.

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 6:41 pm

I think it is. San Jose is has quite a bit but San Francisco has a whole ton since it's the "tech capital" and all. Silicon Valley is a funny place but I think the concentration of Hipsters in one place is higher in Toronto, specifically downtown. You're probably right about Portland, Seattle and Vancouver having more but I'd but Seattle at number 2 (Grunge, y'know).

Wait... Was it really? That's one's the worst! I thought All Killer and Infected would be. Wow... They still fell off about 2003. You guys did go pansy in 2004! Hardcore? In 2002, the Sums make a semi-serious album (with still a lot of jokes and rapping) with a loud Metally-Pop Punk sound. In 2004, they make some wussy faux-Emo album. Hawthorne Heights are the biggest babies, too. Stop crying you wimps! Be men!

Dude, she headlined :P:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6a/Avril_tosmutourposter.jpg

I wouldn't know 'cause I've never seen her live but early-mid pre-Skin recording Avril was still somewhat decent, I guess.

I remember that was a huge thing. What was it called again, "kick a ginger day"? A lot of kids got in trouble for actually kicking gingers and crap. Kyle was a daywalker, that was funny but nothing beats that Lord of the Rings episode. That one's hilarious.

I'm pretty sure it was. Those Vietnam protests got started there. Or I might just be stereotyping the West Coat 'cause BC is known for being druggie land.

It looks weird. Wikipedia says Underclass Hero sold 1.3 million copies in Canada, while All Killer No Filler sold 300,000. But it also says AKNF is 3x Platinum (300k+) while Underclass Hero is only Gold (between 50k and 100k in sales).

But in 2004 the teen pregnancy went higher, which means we were getting laid.

And damn, that sounds like the greatest time ever  :D I totally would have went.

I'm listening to a few Bad Religion songs right now. They're pretty good. :D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 6:48 pm

I'm pretty sure it was. Those Vietnam protests got started there. Or I might just be stereotyping the West Coat 'cause BC is known for being druggie land.

It looks weird. Wikipedia says Underclass Hero sold 1.3 million copies in Canada, while All Killer No Filler sold 300,000. But it also says AKNF is 3x Platinum (300k+) while Underclass Hero is only Gold (between 50k and 100k in sales).

But in 2004 the teen pregnancy went higher, which means we were getting laid.

And damn, that sounds like the greatest time ever  :D I totally would have went.

I'm listening to a few Bad Religion songs right now. They're pretty good. :D

Oh man, yeah. Vancouver has always been known for being a "Heroin Capital" but I think Seattle has the most hipster in North America.

Well, Killer sold 10,000,000 world wide, so it makes sense. Underclass also didn't make Platinum like Killer to Chuck did (why didn't Infected sell billions!?!?!) and it only shows CAN/JPN sales.

No way. Us 90's/2000-2002 teens go laid waaaayyyy more.

I would of if someone gave me a free ticket. The opening bands were super rad!

Oh sweet! What songs/albums? I definitely recommend Suffer and No Control (their two best).

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 8:57 pm

Oh man, yeah. Vancouver has always been known for being a "Heroin Capital" but I think Seattle has the most hipster in North America.

Well, Killer sold 10,000,000 world wide, so it makes sense. Underclass also didn't make Platinum like Killer to Chuck did (why didn't Infected sell billions!?!?!) and it only shows CAN/JPN sales.

No way. Us 90's/2000-2002 teens go laid waaaayyyy more.

I would of if someone gave me a free ticket. The opening bands were super rad!

Oh sweet! What songs/albums? I definitely recommend Suffer and No Control (their two best).

Portlandia feels slightly more hipster to me than Fraisier, though Fraisier is a bit too early for hipstery yet still looks very hipster, so maybe you're right. Silicon Valley (TV show) is very hipster too though. I'm not sure which shows are set in Vancouver. Toronto has... Degrassi? It doesn't look too hipster ;D HGTV is super hipster though.

Canadian albums always sell well in Japan for some reason. Avril Lavigne for example sells the majority of her albums in Japan nowadays. That's why she made Hello Kitty. :o

Your chart says otherwise. It looks like kids born 1987 invented sex.

I was listening to their song "The Handshake". "You" was awesome too. Stranger Than Fiction and The Process of Belief seem to be their best album to me for now. You recommended like 6 albums from them though so I have a lot to listen to ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 9:40 pm

Portlandia feels slightly more hipster to me than Fraisier, though Fraisier is a bit too early for hipstery yet still looks very hipster, so maybe you're right. Silicon Valley (TV show) is very hipster too though. I'm not sure which shows are set in Vancouver. Toronto has... Degrassi? It doesn't look too hipster ;D HGTV is super hipster though.

Canadian albums always sell well in Japan for some reason. Avril Lavigne for example sells the majority of her albums in Japan nowadays. That's why she made Hello Kitty. :o

Your chart says otherwise. It looks like kids born 1987 invented sex.

I was listening to their song "The Handshake". "You" was awesome too. Stranger Than Fiction and The Process of Belief seem to be their best album to me for now. You recommended like 6 albums from them though so I have a lot to listen to ;D

You keep spelling it like the food. :P The old Degrassi is definitely not hipster. Hell, neither is Next Generation. This new one seems very hipster to me, though. What's HGTV? I'd say for hipster concentration: 1. Seattle 2. Portland 3. San Francisco 4. Toronto 5. Vancouver

That's odd and disturbing (considering Hello Kitty, one of the worst songs on the planet). On the flipside, I know Billy Talent is huge in Germany but Treble Charger were only really big in the land of Canada. Gob had some success here but not much (while typing this I went to google and their Foot in Mouth Disease album sold well in Japan!).

No way! We had safe and responsible sex back then. Kids these days, on the other hand, are corrupt.

Those albums are really good (you know what they both have in common? They were both released in the 90's ;)). You is one of the best songs ever! Man, that's off No Control; you've gotta check the rest of that album out! If you like Process, you'll like that. It is a lot but it's a lot of quality! Bad Religion are one of the best bands ever.

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 9:59 pm

You keep spelling it like the food. :P The old Degrassi is definitely not hipster. Hell, neither is Next Generation. This new one seems very hipster to me, though. What's HGTV? I'd say for hipster concentration: 1. Seattle 2. Portland 3. San Francisco 4. Toronto 5. Vancouver

That's odd and disturbing (considering Hello Kitty, one of the worst songs on the planet). On the flipside, I know Billy Talent is huge in Germany but Treble Charger were only really big in the land of Canada. Gob had some success here but not much (while typing this I went to google and their Foot in Mouth Disease album sold well in Japan!).

No way! We had safe and responsible sex back then. Kids these days, on the other hand, are corrupt.

Those albums are really good (you know what they both have in common? They were both released in the 90's ;)). You is one of the best songs ever! Man, that's off No Control; you've gotta check the rest of that album out! If you like Process, you'll like that. It is a lot but it's a lot of quality! Bad Religion are one of the best bands ever.

LOL whoops  ;D

Haha, yeah, right in the first episode they have a guy wearing floral, and another dude wearing floral shorts! Toronto 2016 written all over it  ;D

Sounds like you guys aren't Xtreme! or #YOLO like we were.  8) Btw, that Rouge the Bat dude made another thread about wanting impregnate his 11 year old girlfriend, because he wanted kids early, like at 14 or 15. Dude was all-aroudn embarrassing.

I've listened to some more and I liked Summer Wind Was Always Our Song by The Ataris, Alien 8 by Plaidinum, and Stuck by Allister.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 10:02 pm

LOL whoops  ;D

Haha, yeah, right in the first episode they have a guy wearing floral, and another dude wearing floral shorts! Toronto 2016 written all over it  ;D

Sounds like you guys aren't Xtreme! or #YOLO like we were.  8)

I've listened to some more and I liked Summer Wind Was Always Our Song by The Ataris, Alien 8 by Plaidinum, and Stuck by Allister.

Yeah, it's perfect for you and your 2010's loving generation! I, on on the other hand, will stick with the original as it is the best.

We were totally Xtreme! You're just angry that you couldn't join the ranks of frosted tips and baggy dickies.

You mean Alien 8 by Lagwagon. Plaidinum is the album name. :P Haha, I'm hoping you liked the songs.

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 10:08 pm

Yeah, it's perfect for you and your 2010's loving generation! I, on on the other hand, will stick with the original as it is the best.

We were totally Xtreme! You're just angry that you couldn't join the ranks of frosted tips and baggy dickies.

You mean Alien 8 by Lagwagon. Plaidinum is the album name. :P Haha, I'm hoping you liked the songs.

I always thought florals were ugly, but those guys wear them really well. Floral shorts sound like a good idea. It's like the 2010s equivalent of getting a 70s perm for the disco. Your kids or nephews are going to be asking you Where were you when this was happening?

Having a pompadour, wearing a floral shirt and skinny jeans, and brown pointed leather shoes will get you way more ladies.

Whoops. In my defence, Plaidinum is a way better band name. It will be a 2010s 90s-revival band  8)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 10:25 pm

I always thought florals were ugly, but those guys wear them really well. Floral shorts sound like a good idea. It's like the 2010s equivalent of getting a 70s perm for the disco. Your kids or nephews are going to be asking you Where were you when this was happening?

Having a pompadour, wearing a floral shirt and skinny jeans, and brown pointed leather shoes will get you way more ladies.

Whoops. In my defence, Plaidinum is a way better band name. It will be a 2010s 90s-revival band  8)

And I will say "hiding in my base, retreating from the sickness that had scourged the planet." 8-P

Frosted tips, chain wallets, blink-182 shirts and a discman with a Sum 41 CD is a surefire way to attract some nice women. A pompadour is the best way to get a black eye.

Yeah, but Lagwagon is a name I hold dear to my heart. Will this revival band include 2000/2001/2002?

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 10:35 pm

And I will say "hiding in my base, retreating from the sickness that had scourged the planet." 8-P

Frosted tips, chain wallets, blink-182 shirts and a discman with a Sum 41 CD is a surefire way to attract some nice women. A pompadour is the best way to get a black eye.

Yeah, but Lagwagon is a name I hold dear to my heart. Will this revival band include 2000/2001/2002?

And they'll be real early 2000s kids and say "all your base are belong to us"  :D

Black eyes are okay, you won't have to apply the eyeliner manually anymore!

It's a grunge revival band.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 10:38 pm

And they'll be real early 2000s kids and say "all your base are belong to us"  :D

Black eyes are okay, you won't have to apply the eyeliner manually anymore!

It's a grunge revival band.

That's right! That joke started in 1998, the true beginnings of the early 00's. ;)

You real 00's kids all rip off Justin Pearson super hard, it's not even funny.

Oh, so like... 1993-1997? 

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/16 at 10:44 pm

That's right! That joke started in 1998, the true beginnings of the real 00's. ;)

You real 00's kids all rip off Justin Pearson super hard, it's not even funny.

Oh, so like... 1993-1997?

1998 the beginning of the real 2000s? I need to quote this.

Is this him?

http://www.partysmasherinc.com/sites/default/files/styles/psi_bio_page_pic/public/Justin%20Pearson%202%201024px.jpeg?itok=M0onxSZO

Is he from 1994? Damn, he's got early '10s style down a T, although his shirt should have at least some graphics or ironic writing on it.

Yep. Plaid, flannel, same thing.  ;) ;)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/17/16 at 10:57 pm

1998 the beginning of the real 2000s? I need to quote this.

Is this him?

http://www.partysmasherinc.com/sites/default/files/styles/psi_bio_page_pic/public/Justin%20Pearson%202%201024px.jpeg?itok=M0onxSZO

Is he from 1994? Damn, he's got early '10s style down a T, although his shirt should have at least some graphics or ironic writing on it.

Yep. Plaid, flannel, same thing.  ;) ;)

Dammit! I edited it. I meant "early" not "real"!!

Yeah, but that's him recently. Here's him throughout the 90's

1996:
https://i.gyazo.com/3dabf08905f46115e6477dc788ea639d.png

1998:

https://cdn.discogs.com/7f5PPCoRPrCWmeApD8DBiO1PDnY=/fit-in/300x300/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb()/discogs-images/A-1763489-1329279258.gif.jpg

http://www.skyscrapermagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Justin-Pearson.jpg

It seems all you kids ripped him off.

But it's not dickies and chain wallets!

Written By: aja675 on 03/18/16 at 12:27 am

I don't know. My memories of 1996/1997 are jumbled up. My first super-clear memory though is in the summer of '97 when I went to Amsterdam. We were outside the royal palace and there were a few guards outside, and they were standing stone still. I wasn't sure if they were statues or real people, so I tried tickling one of them. I noticed his eyes move, but my brother still wasn't convinced that he was human. I was about to bite his hand but my mom dragged me away.

You mean you don't know which memories of yours were from 1996 or 1997?

Written By: Toon on 03/18/16 at 12:36 am

Btw, that Rouge the Bat dude made another thread about wanting impregnate his 11 year old girlfriend, because he wanted kids early, like at 14 or 15. Dude was all-aroudn embarrassing.

ztVMib1T4T4

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/18/16 at 10:08 am

Btw, that Rouge the Bat dude made another thread about wanting impregnate his 11 year old girlfriend, because he wanted kids early, like at 14 or 15. Dude was all-aroudn embarrassing.

Jesus Christ...

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/16 at 10:11 am

What happens if I press C, huh? Smart guy?  8)  8)

Written By: 2001 on 03/18/16 at 12:06 pm

Bit your tail, Slowpoke.

Ouch!

Written By: 2001 on 03/18/16 at 12:16 pm

You mean you don't know which memories of yours were from 1996 or 1997?

Basically. I have memories of 1996-97 school year but I don't know which memory was first or when exactly they were.

Written By: 2001 on 03/18/16 at 12:18 pm

Jesus Christ...

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/offtopic-discussion-314159273/helpbefore-this-happens-25645239/?page=1

Written By: 2001 on 03/18/16 at 12:20 pm

What happens if I press C, huh? Smart guy?  8)  8)

No C button on a Gameboy. Only A, B, Start, Select, and a D-pad

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/18/16 at 12:28 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/offtopic-discussion-314159273/helpbefore-this-happens-25645239/?page=1

This is some weird sh!t, dude. And I thought the internet fights I got into were weird... Christ!

Written By: 2001 on 03/18/16 at 4:28 pm

This is some weird sh!t, dude. And I thought the internet fights I got into were weird... Christ!

He was my Internet obsession in 2007. Just like you're obsessed with Early90sGuy, I was obsessed with him ;D

Written By: Toon on 03/18/16 at 8:01 pm

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f5e0fb5144e2d07c47cd812e2d9b972d/tumblr_mfrm1oSRg81rjpxgso1_500.gif

Written By: Toon on 03/18/16 at 8:02 pm

What career did you want to have?

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/16 at 8:20 pm

I pray you repent to Christ!

http://cathoolic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Jesus-Christ.jpg

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/18/16 at 9:51 pm

He was my Internet obsession in 2007. Just like you're obsessed with Early90sGuy, I was obsessed with him ;D

I am not obsessed. Early 90s Guy and I are just spiritually connected. He has his 1990-1992 and I have my 2000-2002.

I pray you repent to Christ!

http://cathoolic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Jesus-Christ.jpg

I shall.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/16 at 10:02 pm

I am not obsessed. Early 90s Guy and I are just spiritually connected. He has his 1990-1992 and I have my 2000-2002.

I shall.

You do have 2000-2002. Cherish this gift forever.  8)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/18/16 at 10:06 pm

You do have 2000-2002. Cherish this gift forever.  8)

Don't you worry! I will cherish that era and my memories from it forever. 8) ;)

Written By: 2001 on 03/19/16 at 4:18 pm

What career did you want to have?

It's still a *do you want to have for me.  ;)

I first majored in Physics not really knowing what I wanted to do, probably med school or get a PhD and work in research. Quantum Physics really fascinates me. After 2013 though, I started learning how to code and discovered I was really good at it. Whenever I have a life problem, I almost always think about how I can solve it with a computer, it's pretty freaky in a sense. "How do I keep in touch with my friends?" --> "Write a program that prompts me to send a text from my computer if I haven't talked to a friend in a while." Crank that up to a 1000. I started double majoring in both Physics and Computer Science two years ago, I'm in my last year in Physics and taking mostly 2nd/3rd year courses in CS.

I feel much more natural in Computer Science, so I'm leaning towards a career in that field. A lot of my friends are thinking about starting their own start-ups, but I feel like getting a Masters and possibly a PhD in Computer Science, especially on the topic of artificial intelligence or automation, but my interest in Physics has been re-ignited lately thanks to the discovery of gravitational waves and me subscribing to Science Magazine. I'm still not 100% sure as to my career path.

Written By: 2001 on 03/19/16 at 4:20 pm

I remember you talking about how he was your favourite Internet thing of the moment. ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/19/16 at 10:37 pm

I remember you talking about how he was your favourite Internet thing of the moment. ;D

Well yeah, the guy's hilarious!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/21/16 at 12:28 am

Who's your favorite sports team? Favorite Athlete?

Written By: 2001 on 03/21/16 at 11:45 pm

Who's your favorite sports team? Favorite Athlete?o

I don't really follow sports.  :(

If I had to pick a favourite sports team, I get excited whenever The Hamilton Tiger Cats (Canadian football) are doing really well. As for favourite athlete, I was a fan of Wayne Rooney in the 2000s when I used to casually watch soccer.

Check for new replies or respond here...