inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Question About an Overdrawn Account

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/30/16 at 5:49 pm

Hey Y'all,

Earlier today I was checking my bank balance and it was overdrawn by about 3 dollars (I always forget I have a late-month payment on my computer's security system). I get paid tomorrow, my account won't be closed and/or suspended between today and tomorrow, will it?
It's a quarter to 6 pm now and the bank closed at 5. I'm just a little bit worried.

Thank you for any and all replies.

Subject: Re: Question About an Overdrawn Account

Written By: snozberries on 06/30/16 at 8:16 pm

No it won't be closed but you will be charged an overdraft fee.

Somewhere between $25-$35  depending on the bank
If you had an atm card and could deposit a $5 before midnight you might not get charged at all.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/30/16 at 9:44 pm

No it won't be closed but you will be charged an overdraft fee.

Somewhere between $25-$35  depending on the bank
If you had an atm card and could deposit a $5 before midnight you might not get charged at all.

Oooh, ok. Thanks Snoz. I'll have to take care of it first thing in the morning.

Written By: snozberries on 07/01/16 at 9:39 am

Oooh, ok. Thanks Snoz. I'll have to take care of it first thing in the morning.

I meant midnight yesterday. Some banks don't consider the account overdrawn if you get the balance in the green by midnight on the same day. After midnight they are processing all the transactions from the day so if you're still over drawn it's counted then.

Written By: karen on 07/03/16 at 2:35 pm

If you are a good customer they might waive the fee if you pay in the money quickly and contact them to explain how you came to be overdrawn. 

Some accounts in the UK have a built-in overdraft facility where you don't get charged if you go up to 100 pounds over.  You might look for something like that if it is a regular thing.

Could you change the date of the computer payment?

Check for new replies or respond here...