inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Am I in Danger?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/25/16 at 3:18 pm

Alright, y'all, I need some help.

One of the doors in my house did its swan song and fell off the hinges earlier today. At the present time the door is shut with the deadbolt turned. What I'm worried about is, will the door be able to stand up like that during the night or if a strong gust of wind comes along, will the door fall in and let criminals in? Because I'm kind of scared to death right now and am really afraid to go to sleep tonight

Please help  :\'(

Subject: Re: Am I in Danger?

Written By: 2001 on 08/25/16 at 7:41 pm

It sounds like it should be okay, if the lock is solid and keeping it in place. I can't say for sure though.

Written By: annimal on 08/25/16 at 8:56 pm

I did some reasearch and five to one would say that the door will be fine

Written By: Ripley on 08/25/16 at 9:49 pm

Oh man I think it sounds like it's okay. 😞How soon can you get it fixed?

Written By: snozberries on 08/26/16 at 3:06 am

If the hinge pins aren't working the door could be pushed open from the hinge side...even with the deadbolt in
To be sure the easiest way to figure it out )if you have more than one exterior door in the house) is to lock it...go out the back door (or side door) and then go around and push on it from the side the hinges are on. If it stays up its fine but if it doesn't then you should get
It repaired.

Your other option is to brace the door with a heavy piece of furniture.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/26/16 at 4:48 pm

Oh, I braced the door with a ladder. If someone did manage to get it open it'd sound like the world was coming to an end. I plan to get the door fixed on the first. Well I can do it myself, I just can't afford the supplies until the first. But it is braced for the moment. And we had a storm last night and it' didn't blow open, thank God.

Written By: Ripley on 08/26/16 at 6:15 pm

Oh, I braced the door with a ladder. If someone did manage to get it open it'd sound like the world was coming to an end. I plan to get the door fixed on the first. Well I can do it myself, I just can't afford the supplies until the first. But it is braced for the moment. And we had a storm last night and it' didn't blow open, thank God.

That's good that its holding on for you!

Written By: 80sfan on 08/26/16 at 6:33 pm

Buy some pepper spray.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODQ5WDU2Ng==/z/MQEAAOxyOalTa1Do/$_32.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Check for new replies or respond here...