inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask the wixness

Written By: wixness on 09/16/16 at 10:38 am

As in the title.

Subject: Re: Ask the wixness

Written By: 2001 on 09/16/16 at 11:39 am

Favourite Avril Lavigne song?

Written By: wixness on 09/16/16 at 11:47 am

Favourite Avril Lavigne song?

I'm With You or Girlfriend.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/16/16 at 1:40 pm

Favorite character in Saints Row 2?

Written By: wixness on 09/16/16 at 1:43 pm

Favorite character in Saints Row 2?

Besides my own (whom I can customise to a great extent), Shaundi (the prostitute) and Luz (who accompanies you in the Drug Dealing minigame); the former is a great partner in crime compared to Pierce Washington in SR:The Third (he'll get killed easily in a gunfight) and the latter looks hot.

Written By: Howard on 09/16/16 at 3:50 pm

favorite video game?

Written By: wixness on 09/16/16 at 3:52 pm

favorite video game?

Saints Row 2, but if not that, then a few others, e.g. GTA V, Sims 2, Crackdown off the top of my head.

Written By: Howard on 09/16/16 at 4:04 pm

Saints Row 2, but if not that, then a few others, e.g. GTA V, Sims 2, Crackdown off the top of my head.

Do you play wrestling games?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/16/16 at 4:07 pm

If you went back to the 20th century, which decade would you like to visit?

Written By: wixness on 09/16/16 at 4:09 pm

Do you play wrestling games?

Not really.

This reminds me, I also like PS2 games, although this had something to do with the fact that quite a lot of people I knew had such a games console. I have a PS3 (after days of only having a PS1 and an Xbox 360), which can't play PS2 games. WWE is an example of a game I first saw someone play on PS2. I feel like I'd enjoy it more on the PS2 than I would on newer consoles and even on PC for some reason, even though the game isn't my taste. Apart from motorsport, I'm not generally into sports games.

The last time I played any wrestling was on Saints Row 3, when I had to take out and maybe unmask Eddie "Killbane" Pryor. I was annoyed with that game for other reasons, including the fact that you can't really wrestle for more than once since it only took place within a mission and that missions can't be repeated in that game. In Saints Row 2, you have a demolition derby and a melee fighting activity you can do even outside of missions (never got to those, though).

Written By: wixness on 09/16/16 at 4:12 pm

If you went back to the 20th century, which decade would you like to visit?

I don't really know, since I don't really have any emotional connection with the last millenium even though my parents listen to some music from then. Perhaps the 90s, since it's closest technologically and politically to the 2000s, but rock and metal was alive and kicking back in the 80s. 70s was the first to introduce androgynous fashion for men and/or when it was at its peak because it, like the 90s and this decade, was a progressive time. I'd probably go back to the 50s, but only if it meant that North Korea wouldn't exist by the end of the Korean War.

Overall, I guess probably the 90s, since technology is my creature comfort. I'll probably buy as many 80s records/tapes/CDs as I could in order to keep the bands I would have loved then on life support or to try and resurrect their spirit in future decades, if I was born then.

If I simply transported there, it'd be the 70s for the fashion.

Check for new replies or respond here...