inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I NEED HEADPHONES!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/01/17 at 12:10 pm

Hey Y'all,

I need some advice. I ALWAYS have my headphones on listening to music and/or watching Youtube videos and movies. The problem is, I seem to go through a pair of headphones EVERY single month and its really starting to get old. This is a new year and I bought a new pair yesterday. Heaphones are crucial to me when I'm writing (I have "white noise" I play) and in dialysis (to block out the noises of the clinic), but I'm sick of spending 10 bucks every month on a new pair. Can someone suggest a pair that are better and longer lasting, but won't break the bank for me (30 dollars at the most)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/38/5a/d2/385ad2720a60cfef234b438896e6b598.jpg

I DO prefer buds that sit in my ear, rather than the type that go over my head because they don't get tangled in my hair as easily.
If anyone can help, please do!
Thanks in advance!

Subject: Re: I NEED HEADPHONES!

Written By: annimal on 01/01/17 at 12:27 pm

Yeah just get an ear bud so it won't mess up your hair.

Subject: Re: I NEED HEADPHONES!

Written By: 2001 on 01/01/17 at 1:03 pm

I don't use earphones anymore, but my best advice is to never under any circumstance put tension (stretch) on the wire. That's ultimately the reason they all break. Not just stretching, but also keep it from gravity (don't let them hang) and extreme temperatures, it should always be in a loose, relaxed state and not stretched. When I figured this out, my earphones went from lasting a few months to 1-2 years, even a cheap Apple set.

If you were open to using headphones, I would have recommended a set that allow you to plug in your own AUX cable (which you can buy for $5-$10 each), but seeing as you're not...  :-[

Also, check your local electronics store, such as RadioShack. They let you get warranty with earphones and will replace them at no extra charge (assuming you bought the warranty). My brother did this, he used to go through like 10 headphones a year.

Check for new replies or respond here...