inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Longaotian00

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/19/17 at 7:27 am

Feel free to ask me any questions lol. :)

Subject: Re: Ask Longaotian00

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/19/17 at 8:21 am

What sports do you like? :)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/19/17 at 8:35 am

I like Basketball, Tennis, Sailing, Skiing, Hockey, Baseball, Bowling, Archery, Rugby  :)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/19/17 at 8:53 am

I like Basketball, Tennis, Sailing, Skiing, Hockey, Baseball, Bowling, Archery, Rugby  :)

Interesting! Do you follow rugby league or rugby union?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/19/17 at 9:03 am

Interesting! Do you follow rugby league or rugby union?

Rugby union for the most part :)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/19/17 at 9:09 am

Ah ok.

What are your favourite bands/artists?

Written By: aja675 on 08/19/17 at 10:01 am

How are you still up this late?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/19/17 at 10:11 am

How are you still up this late?

Idk. ;D Rip my Sunday though :\'(

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/19/17 at 10:35 am

I'm going to ask the exact same question as aja675. :P It would be 3:35am in NZ at the moment!

Written By: Howard on 08/19/17 at 1:01 pm

What video games do you play?

Written By: nally on 08/19/17 at 3:41 pm

What part of the world do you live in?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/19/17 at 3:43 pm

What part of the world do you live in?

He's from New Zealand.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/19/17 at 3:45 pm

1. What do you dislike about New Zealand?
2. Do you live in or near Auckland?
3. What is your opinion of the United States of America?
4. Do you feel like you're apart of Gen Y (aka the Millennial generation) or Gen Z? Both?

Written By: nally on 08/19/17 at 3:47 pm

He's from New Zealand.

thanks, I guess I missed that.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/19/17 at 3:53 pm

thanks, I guess I missed that.

LOL, you're welcome.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/19/17 at 4:31 pm

1. What do you dislike about New Zealand?
2. Do you live in or near Auckland?
3. What is your opinion of the United States of America?
4. Do you feel like you're apart of Gen Y (aka the Millennial generation) or Gen Z? Both?

1. There's not too much dislike, with that said though I really don't like how far away and isolated New Zealand is, it usually means that it is takes really really long to get anywhere else in the world and is also quite expensive to get to, except Australia for obvious reasons.

2. Yup, I live in the suburbs of Auckland

3. Hmm, my opinion on the U.S. is I guess similar to a lot of New Zealanders, generally I think it looks like quite an interesting place that I really want to visit as the country is so vast with so many different people, landscapes etc and that I think some aspects of America are quite similar to NZ, but some things are very different. However, I get the impression  that the country can be quite divided, with race/religions/politics etc, which was made especially obvious through last years election which got a lot of coverage here, but I think this is strange as I view Americans as being very friendly people.  :)
Also, the scenery looks great :).

4. Good question. For now I view myself as being the very end of Gen Y/ Gen Y/Z cusp. As long as these stereotypes of Gen Z growing up in a world with constant social media, with iPhones/IPads etc continued, I just can't view myself as being a part of that because well over half of my life so far has been spent without those things being commonplace and growing up I never used those things, given that they didn't exist for most of my childhood, however this is a result of my personal experiences and other people born around the same time as me (2000) May feel different.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/19/17 at 7:46 pm

1. There's not too much dislike, with that said though I really don't like how far away and isolated New Zealand is, it usually means that it is takes really really long to get anywhere else in the world and is also quite expensive to get to, except Australia for obvious reasons.

Yeah, that definitely sucks for you guys.

2. Yup, I live in the suburbs of Auckland

Cool. Do you like it there?

3. Hmm, my opinion on the U.S. is I guess similar to a lot of New Zealanders, generally I think it looks like quite an interesting place that I really want to visit as the country is so vast with so many different people, landscapes etc and that I think some aspects of America are quite similar to NZ, but some things are very different. However, I get the impression  that the country can be quite divided, with race/religions/politics etc, which was made especially obvious through last years election which got a lot of coverage here, but I think this is strange as I view Americans as being very friendly people.  :)
Also, the scenery looks great :).

Yes, many areas of the US are beautiful. Also, don't worry about the fringe racists, most Americans don't support racism but were duped by a billionaire mad man because many of them no longer had hope in their economic situation improving because of the many jobs that have been lost in the past few decades.

4. Good question. For now I view myself as being the very end of Gen Y/ Gen Y/Z cusp. As long as these stereotypes of Gen Z growing up in a world with constant social media, with iPhones/IPads etc continued, I just can't view myself as being a part of that because well over half of my life so far has been spent without those things being commonplace and growing up I never used those things, given that they didn't exist for most of my childhood, however this is a result of my personal experiences and other people born around the same time as me (2000) May feel different.

As a 1999 born, I am in total agreement with you. I feel the same way.

Written By: aja675 on 08/19/17 at 9:40 pm

Idk. ;D Rip my Sunday though :\'(
Admittedly, I myself was still awake when it was 5 AM here and 9 AM in New Zealand.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/19/17 at 10:34 pm

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/19/17 at 11:57 pm

Is there a special thing behind your username?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/20/17 at 1:28 am

I actually don't have any favourite bands/artists tbh :).

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/20/17 at 1:33 am

Is there a special thing behind your username?

Yeah, it was a name I was given haha :P

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/20/17 at 1:41 am

What video games do you play?

Umm I used to play simcity when I was younger but the newest one wasn't too good so I play Cities:Skylines, GTA (V & SA are my favourite games), Kerbal Space Program, Rainbow Six Siege.
Probably the video game I played the longest was The Sims and Need for Speed lol I used to play that all the time when I was a kid :)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/20/17 at 1:43 am

Umm I used to play simcity when I was younger but the newest one wasn't too good so I play Cities:Skylines, GTA (V & SA are my favourite games), Kerbal Space Program, Rainbow Six Siege.

Have you ever played SimCity 4? It's one of my favourite video games. :)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/20/17 at 1:46 am

Have you ever played SimCity 4? It's one of my favourite video games. :)

Yup that was my favourite simcity game, simcity 5 wasn't as good. :)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/20/17 at 2:16 am

Probably the video game I played the longest was The Sims and Need for Speed lol I used to play that all the time when I was a kid :)

Which ones?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/20/17 at 3:21 am

Which ones?

Umm the ones I played the most were Need for Speed :Underground 2, Most wanted and Carbon. :)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/20/17 at 3:23 am

Umm the ones I played the most were Need for Speed :Underground 2, Most wanted and Carbon. :)

Awesome...me too 8).

I also played Hot Pursuit 2, the original Underground and Pro Street growing up. Fun times!

Written By: Howard on 08/20/17 at 7:40 am

How do you pronounce your name?

Written By: temaichi on 08/21/17 at 2:36 am

1. Are you proud of being born in the millenium year like me? ::)
2. How did you discover inthe00s.com?
3. Which year was your best & worst?
4. Are you into social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat?
5. What makes you different then any teenagers in our age?

Have a nice day, brother! ;) ;D

Written By: aja675 on 08/21/17 at 2:39 am

Yeah, it was a name I was given haha :P
So your username is your based on your real name?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/21/17 at 2:56 am

1. Are you proud of being born in the millenium year like me? ::)
2. How did you discover inthe00s.com?
3. Which year was your best & worst?
4. Are you into social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat?
5. What makes you different then any teenagers in our age?

Have a nice day, brother! ;) ;D

1. Yup, I like being born in 2000, I got to live in 2 centuries and 2 millenniums before my 1st birthday lol. :P

2. I actually can't remeber lol, I think I saw someone over on Personality Cafe mentioned that, and I discovered that becasue I was interested in what generation I was in  :)

3. Hmm I don't really have a worst or best year really, as I enjoy every year in my personal life  :). However, if I had to pick a worst it would probably be 2013, personal events in that year were pretty sad and it has made me hard to look back on the year positively, 2009 would be close to that though.
For my favourite year however, in my personal life I'm gonna say 2007, it was the peak of my childhood, it was great I miss being at primary school, living at my old house and playing with my friends all the time in my neighbourhood, also the music that year was great :).

4.I have Facebook, Instagram and snapchat. I used to have Twitter but I found it pretty boring and useles. I like Instagram and snapchat is fun lol, I use Facebook but not as much as the other two.8)

5.Hmm good question, although I don't really know what makes me different from other teenagers my age, do you have any examples of what you were looking for.?:)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/21/17 at 2:59 am

So your username is your based on your real name?

No, my username is not based off or is my real name lol 8)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/21/17 at 4:27 am

What are your favourite TV shows? :)

2. I actually can't remeber lol, I think I saw someone over on Personality Cafe mentioned that, and I discovered that becasue I was interested in what generation I was in  :)

I think that may have been me, because I have mentioned inthe00s in a few of my posts on Personality Cafe.  :-X

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/23/17 at 7:05 pm

What are your favourite TV shows? :)

I think that may have been me, because I have mentioned inthe00s in a few of my posts on Personality Cafe.  :-X

I don't think I have any favorite TV shows, but I'm currently watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix and it seems pretty good. I like watching modern family too.
The TV show I watched the longest though was Criminal Minds which i started watching when I was 5 lol, my mum wasnt happy. ;D
:) :)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/28/17 at 4:35 pm

Have you traveled to the South Island of New Zealand before?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/28/17 at 6:23 pm

Have you traveled to the South Island of New Zealand before?

Yup! I've been down to the South Island 6 times before and I'm actually going down there to Dunedin next weekend. :)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/28/17 at 11:50 pm

Yup! I've been down to the South Island 6 times before and I'm actually going down there to Dunedin next weekend. :)

Cool. Is there are a ferry service between the North Island and South Island? So, can you take your car across from one island to the other? I'd assume there would be, but I just thought I would ask anyway. :)

Written By: aja675 on 08/29/17 at 12:04 am

How far have you traveled in your life?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/29/17 at 12:05 am

Cool. Is there are a ferry service between the North Island and South Island? So, can you take your car across from one island to the other? I'd assume there would be, but I just thought I would ask anyway. :)

Yup :), there's a ferry service that's goes between wellington and the South Island and you can take like your cars and everything on it. But I just fly down there otherwise I would have to drive and it takes really long. :P

Written By: d90 on 08/29/17 at 1:13 am

How's the winter weather in New Zealand?

Written By: aja675 on 08/29/17 at 1:32 am

Which Northern Hemisphere climate do you suppose is the most like New Zealand?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/29/17 at 1:48 am

How far have you traveled in your life?

I have only been to one overseas country, so the furtherest I have travelled is Australia (New South Wales & Victoria).

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/29/17 at 1:49 am

Which Northern Hemisphere climate do you suppose is the most like New Zealand?

I think areas around coastal California in the U.S. have quite a similar climate to NZ, where I'm from at least.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/29/17 at 1:53 am

It all depends on which part of the country you live in, for example in the South Island it can get quite cold and snows on occasion during winter, however I come from the North end of the country and its a lot warmer so the winters aren't very cold. It's still winter here and today at school it felt really warm, not like winter at all. :)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/29/17 at 1:56 am

I have only been to one overseas country, so the furtherest I have travelled is Australia (New South Wales & Victoria).

If you don't mind me asking, where did you go in NSW and Victoria? What did you think of Australia?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/29/17 at 2:23 am

If you don't mind me asking, where did you go in NSW and Victoria? What did you think of Australia?

No problem :), I have a lot of family over in Australia so in Victoria I stayed in Melbourne and I went further south down to Phillip Island and then I also went along the Great Ocean Rd to the Apostle things. In New South Wales I stayed in Sydney and I went up towards Newcastle and I visited the Blue Mountains west of Sydney and then I went to a National Park half way between Sydney and Wollongong.

Umm I thought Australia is a really nice country, the scenery is really Beautiful, especially along the coastlines and everything. The people are very friendly and all, but to be honest it is very similar to New Zealand imo so everything felt pretty familiar already. :) With that being said, one thing I don't like about Australia is the scary wildlife ;D :o. Damn there are killer snakes and spiders and man eating crocodiles so I wasn't very happy about going to far into the wilderness lol. It's probably just like that because in NZ, the worst animal you can encounter in the wild is a 2ft tall flightless bird. ;D

Written By: aja675 on 08/29/17 at 8:28 am

Could you, like, put the furthest away places you've been to in Google so I'd know the overall distance you've traveled?

Written By: d90 on 08/29/17 at 9:18 am

Do you spell color and favor with a u or without the u?
When did you first go on Youtube?
When did you get your first Cellphone?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/29/17 at 1:13 pm

Do you spell color and favor with a u or without the u?
When did you first go on Youtube?
When did you get your first Cellphone?

1) I spell those words: Colour & Favour

2) The first time I went on YouTube was I think back in 2006/7 when someone just showed me a short video, but I didn't start using it frequently until the earlier years if this decade.

3) I got my first cellphone around early 2011. It wasn't a smartphone just like a basic Nokia thing. :P

Written By: Howard on 08/29/17 at 2:31 pm

Have you been to New York? ???

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/29/17 at 2:37 pm

Have you been to New York? ???

He literally said this:

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/30/17 at 3:04 am

No problem :), I have a lot of family over in Australia so in Victoria I stayed in Melbourne and I went further south down to Phillip Island and then I also went along the Great Ocean Rd to the Apostle things. In New South Wales I stayed in Sydney and I went up towards Newcastle and I visited the Blue Mountains west of Sydney and then I went to a National Park half way between Sydney and Wollongong.

Umm I thought Australia is a really nice country, the scenery is really Beautiful, especially along the coastlines and everything. The people are very friendly and all, but to be honest it is very similar to New Zealand imo so everything felt pretty familiar already. :) With that being said, one thing I don't like about Australia is the scary wildlife ;D :o. Damn there are killer snakes and spiders and man eating crocodiles so I wasn't very happy about going to far into the wilderness lol. It's probably just like that because in NZ, the worst animal you can encounter in the wild is a 2ft tall flightless bird. ;D

Interesting! The Twelve Apostles are really nice. I went on a holiday down to the Twelve Apostles back in 2011 and they are a great thing to see. It's a shame though that some of them have naturally eroded over time. There's only seven or eight apostles now. :P Phillip Island is a very nice place as well. Did you go to the maze place or see the penguins while you were down there? :)

The Blue Mountains is a nice area. I assume you went and saw the three sisters (the rock formation) while you were there? It's interesting that you went to the Royal National Park between Sydney and Wollongong. It is only about an hour away from where I live, because I live in the city of Wollongong. :)

I had a feeling that you were going to mention the wildlife as being the one thing you don't like. :P A lot of overseas people mention the wildlife as being the worst thing, even though it's not even bad! We may be home to some of the most deadliest animals in the world, but you never come across them in day-to-day life. It's not like you walk down the street and see a cassowary on someone's front lawn!

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 3:59 pm

I had a feeling that you were going to mention the wildlife as being the one thing you don't like. :P A lot of overseas people mention the wildlife as being the worst thing, even though it's not even bad! We may be home to some of the most deadliest animals in the world, but you never come across them in day-to-day life. It's not like you walk down the street and see a cassowary on someone's front lawn!

Haha true! But there was a spider bigger than my hand walking around our apartment in the middle of Sydney! It was terrifying. :)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 4:03 pm

Anymore questionssssssss? ;)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 4:06 pm

Anymore questionssssssss? ;)

What is your favorite event or events that happened in the year you were born?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 4:11 pm

What is your favorite event or events that happened in the year you were born?

I'm not sure what events really :( what kind of events do you mean?

Written By: 2001 on 08/31/17 at 4:16 pm

What countries do you want to travel to?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 4:23 pm

I'm not sure what events really :( what kind of events do you mean?

Sports and entertainment events.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 4:28 pm

Sports and entertainment events.

Idk lol I guess there was the 2000 Olympics.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 4:29 pm

What countries do you want to travel to?

China, Japan, Mediterranean, Rarotonga, United States, United Kingdom

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 4:32 pm

China, Japan, Mediterranean, Rarotonga, United States, United Kingdom

Those aren't countries. The Mediterranean is a sea and geographical region. Rarotonga is an island that is apart of the Cook Islands.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 4:34 pm

Idk lol I guess there was the 2000 Olympics.

OH OK.

But see that you aren't much of a sports fan? :P

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 4:37 pm

Those aren't countries. The Mediterranean is a sea and geographical region. Rarotonga is an island that is apart of the Cook Islands.

Yes I'm aware of that, but there's no specific country in the Medditranean I want to visit, I just want to visit the region in general.
Also I know Rarotonga is part of the Cook Islands, which is actually governed by NZ, however everyone I know just refers to it as Rarotonga when going on vacation lol. :P

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 4:38 pm

OH OK.

But see that you aren't much of a sports fan? :P

Nah not really

Written By: 2001 on 08/31/17 at 4:41 pm

Yes I'm aware of that, but there's no specific country in the Medditranean I want to visit, I just want to visit the region in general.
Also I know Rarotonga is part of the Cook Islands, which is actually governed by NZ, however everyone I know just refers to it as Rarotonga when going on vacation lol. :P

That's a lot of countries though! Going to Egypt and going to France would be very different, haha. But thanks for your answer anyway ;)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 4:43 pm

Fair enough :). I also would like to visit a country in the Mediterranean region (preferably Spain or Italy).

Nah not really

I could tell.

That's a lot of countries though! Going to Egypt and going to France would be very different, haha. But thanks for your answer anyway ;)

Maybe, he wants to go on a road trip...or is it a boat trip? ;D ;)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 4:44 pm

Sorry for being to general......more specifically around Southern France, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Portugal. :)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 4:47 pm

Lol I defintley don't want to go to Egypt. At least not currently.

Written By: 2001 on 08/31/17 at 5:06 pm

Lol I defintley don't want to go to Egypt. At least not currently.

I was actually planning to go there this year... even made a post about it: "It's between Egypt and Japan/South Korea for me this spring". ;D That whole thing went haywire.

edit: Oh wait, my bad, I forgot. This is your thread. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/17 at 3:15 am

Did you get to see the final of the Women's World Cup?

Written By: aja675 on 09/01/17 at 9:26 am

Have you ever heard of the lost continent of Zealandia?: https://www.quora.com/What-would-the-climate-of-New-Zealand-be-like-if-Zealandia-wasnt-submerged

Written By: Howard on 09/01/17 at 4:59 pm

What countries don't you want to visit? ???

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/01/17 at 9:50 pm

What countries don't you want to visit? ???

There's far too many countries to list individually but most of the countries that I woudnt go to are in Africa or the Middle East :)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/01/17 at 11:13 pm

Have you ever heard of the lost continent of Zealandia?: https://www.quora.com/What-would-the-climate-of-New-Zealand-be-like-if-Zealandia-wasnt-submerged

Yup I have. It was apparently discovered and was on the news either earlier this year or last year.......... I always knew it was there years previous.

Also the person who answered that question on the link is really, really stupid. :P

Written By: aja675 on 09/01/17 at 11:16 pm

Yup I have. It was apparently discovered and was on the news either earlier this year or last year.......... I always knew it was there years previous.

Also the person who answered that question on the link is really, really stupid. :P
Did you see my thread on City-Data about Zealandia and Doggerland?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/01/17 at 11:20 pm

Yeah I did!  :) I always thought it would be interesting to see how the climate would change if the whole continent rose up, especially in my location, I'm sure it would change quite drastically.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/02/17 at 1:31 am

Does anyone here speak Mandarin?

Written By: 2001 on 09/02/17 at 1:45 am

Does anyone here speak Mandarin?

I can sometimes make out what the traditional characters are saying (not simplified though). I was going to ask if your username was Chinese. If not, how do you pronounce it?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/02/17 at 2:15 am

Do you like fesh and cheps? :P

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/02/17 at 2:16 am

Haha yeah! That's if the person made it good though. 8)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/02/17 at 2:18 am

I can sometimes make out what the traditional characters are saying (not simplified though). I was going to ask if your username was Chinese. If not, how do you pronounce it?

Oh ok. I can recognise simplified, not traditional. :)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/02/17 at 2:18 am

Are you of Chinese descent?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/02/17 at 2:20 am

Haha yeah! That's if the person made it good though. 8)

That's understandable!  ;D

What is/was your favourite subject at school?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/02/17 at 2:21 am

Are you Chinese descent?

Nah I'm New Zealand European :P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/02/17 at 2:22 am

Nah I'm New Zealand European :P

Oh OK...I was just wondering because you were talking about recognizing Mandarin ;D :-X.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/02/17 at 2:23 am

That's understandable!  ;D

What is/was your favourite subject at school?

Social studies, Chinese, Biology.. :)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/02/17 at 2:24 am

Oh OK...I was just wondering because you were talking about recognizing Mandarin ;D :-X.

Haha :). Yeah I learn it at school.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/02/17 at 2:25 am

Social studies, Chinese, Biology.. :)

Interesting.

What do you learn about in Social Studies? I do a subject called Society & Culture, so it might be similar to the subject you do. :)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/02/17 at 2:29 am

Interesting.

What do you learn about in Social Studies? I do a subject called Society & Culture, so it might be similar to the subject you do. :)

Basically you learn about past and present issues facing society, also learn about different cultures etc, unfortunately it terminates after year 10 >:(. So from then on I took Geography... It's not quite as good though :P

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/02/17 at 2:46 am

Lol, I actually had fesh and cheps yesterday. ;D

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/02/17 at 2:53 am

Basically you learn about past and present issues facing society, also learn about different cultures etc, unfortunately it terminates after year 10 >:(. So from then on I took Geography... It's not quite as good though :P

It sounds like the subject I do. :) Our curriculum is the complete opposite. We can't do Society & Culture before Year 11. :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/02/17 at 4:45 am

Lol, I actually had fesh and cheps yesterday. ;D
It looks like we are having fish and chips today.

Written By: aja675 on 09/02/17 at 7:55 am

BTW, that thread was partially research because I have this hypothetical situation where I move continents around. Like, so Alaska is gonna be where Western Europe is now, and that wouldn't be too different from Doggerland.

Written By: 2001 on 09/02/17 at 8:54 am

Oh ok. I can recognise simplified, not traditional. :)

Nice! How long have you been studying Mandarin? How many hanzi have you learnt?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/02/17 at 7:51 pm

I was reading through the Late 2000's nostalgia thread and it made me think of some of the songs I can remember from the time. Some of them are Australian, so I thought that no one else on here would be familiar with them. However, then I realised that many Australian songs also chart in New Zealand and are just as popular over there, so I was curious to find out if you know any of them as well. Are you familiar with these songs? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eimgRedLkkU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbkmnkIfgIo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZe9YxJNs48

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/02/17 at 10:31 pm

I was reading through the Late 2000's nostalgia thread and it made me think of some of the songs I can remember from the time. Some of them are Australian, so I thought that no one else on here would be familiar with them. However, then I realised that many Australian songs also chart in New Zealand and are just as popular over there, so I was curious to find out if you know any of them as well. Are you familiar with these songs? :)

Sorry, I don't recognise the last two songs. However, I definelty have heard the first song, I'm trying to remember when and where I might have heard it but I can't rmember lol, I do know that I have heard it play quite often though. :)

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/03/17 at 8:47 pm

What's your most favorite song?

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/03/17 at 10:40 pm

Oh damn!! I don't have a clue, do you know how many songs there are ?! ;D

Any song, whether it's on the billboards or from 9 billion years ago  ;D

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/03/17 at 11:28 pm

Another question, how do you pronounce your username and what does it mean?  ;D Just curious lol

Written By: aja675 on 09/04/17 at 4:49 am

What was your first musical memory?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/04/17 at 8:08 am

Sorry, I don't recognise the last two songs. However, I definelty have heard the first song, I'm trying to remember when and where I might have heard it but I can't rmember lol, I do know that I have heard it play quite often though. :)

"Walking on a Dream" was pretty popular when it came out. You might remember it from then. :)

Do you like any New Zealand artists/bands?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/05/17 at 12:36 am

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/13/17 at 12:17 am

What was your first musical memory?

Ahh good question :). As far as my first musical memory goes I'm pretty sure one of the first songs I remember hearing was "These Heaux" by Danielle Bregoli.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/13/17 at 12:24 am

Was VHS still popular in New Zealand during the Late 2000s?

In 2008, you could still buy new, blank video tapes from stores like JB HI FI and K-Mart. Although, they were only reduced to being on a single shelf by that point. :P My parents and I still used VHS to record things off TV in 2009 and I know plenty of other people did as well. VHS only became completely obsolete/redundant here around 2009/2010. Even though VHS wasn't the main format in the Late 2000s, plenty of people still used it.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/13/17 at 12:32 am

Was VHS still popular in New Zealand during the Late 2000s?

In 2008, you could still buy new, blank video tapes from stores like JB HI FI and K-Mart. Although, they were only reduced to being on a single shelf by that point. :P My parents and I still used VHS to record things off TV in 2009 and I know plenty of other people did as well. VHS only became completely obsolete/redundant here around 2009/2010. Even though VHS wasn't the main format in the Late 2000s, plenty of people still used it.

It was fairly popular however it was quickly becoming obsolete during that time. I remember the last time I used our VHS was around late '06- early '07 when our VCR player broke so we had to throw out all our VHS tapes and bought a DVD player. However, while DVD was clearly more popular by around 2007 it's not like no one used VHS all of a sudden and I think in the late 2000s up to around 2010/11 some people had these VHS/DVD players together.
I also rmemeber there being VHS tapes at rental places during this time aswell, although most of these places have closed down during this decade, there's like one place left in my area where you can still go and get DVDS and stuff.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/13/17 at 12:36 am

It was fairly popular however it was quickly becoming obsolete during that time. I remember the last time I used our VHS was around late '06- early '07 when our VCR player broke so we had to throw out all our VHS tapes and bought a DVD player. However, while DVD was clearly more popular by around 2007 it's not like no one used VHS all of a sudden and I think in the late 2000s up to around 2010/11 some people had these VHS/DVD players together.
I also rmemeber there being VHS tapes at rental places during this time aswell, although most of these places have closed down during this decade, there's like one place left in my area where you can still go and get DVDS and stuff.

It sounds like New Zealand was relatively similar to Australia in that regard. It's strange that VHS remained relevant/popular in Australia and New Zealand for a few more years. If i'm not mistaken, VHS pretty much died out in the US around 2005!

Written By: Howard on 09/13/17 at 5:32 am

since you live in New Zealand, have you ever heard of The Bushwackers? ???

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/13/17 at 5:37 am

since you live in New Zealand, have you ever heard of The Bushwackers? ???

Lol, never heard of them sorry :P

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/13/17 at 7:04 am

Why do New Zealanders say "aye" and "bro" so much? :P

I watch Police Ten 7 and Motorway Patrol quite regularly and I always find it funny how often it is said. Even the police officers say it, lol. :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/13/17 at 7:14 am

Lol, never heard of them sorry :P
Is Bushwacker an Australian term?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/13/17 at 7:19 am

I watch Police Ten 7 and Motorway Patrol quite regularly and I always find it funny how often it is said. Even the police officers say it, lol. :P

Lol those shows are classic ;D. Yeah Nah Idk aye , I guess it's just part of our NZ slang bro. ;)

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/13/17 at 2:44 pm

I'm not a New Zealander but I say "aye" a lot when greeting my friends lol

Written By: Howard on 09/14/17 at 3:01 pm

Is Bushwacker an Australian term?

I don't think so.  ???

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/14/17 at 3:50 pm

I'm not a New Zealander but I say "aye" a lot when greeting my friends lol

Yeah, but I think you use it in a different context.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/14/17 at 3:52 pm

Yeah, but I think you use it in a different context.

We do use it in a different context (I assume Rainbowz is also American).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 3:09 am

You seem to know a bit about aviation and airplanes. Am I wrong or right?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 3:14 am

You seem to know a bit about aviation and airplanes. Am I wrong or right?

You are correct! ;)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 3:19 am

You are correct! ;)

Cool 8).

Now since you asked me...I'll ask you: What is your favorite type or types of commercial aircraft?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 3:26 am

Cool 8).

Now since you asked me...I'll ask you: What is your favorite type or types of commercial aircraft?

Sure :) in no particular order:

A340-600
A330-200

747-400
767-300
777-200
757-200/300

Some older aircraft I like:
Boeing 707
MD 80
MD 11
DC 10

It's just unfortunate that so many of these cool aircraft such as the 747,757,767 are constantly being retired for newer aircraft which while are usually much more efficient which is good, I just don't like them as much 8)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 3:31 am

Sure :) in no particular order:

A340-600
A330-200

747-400
767-300
777-200
757-200/300

Some older aircraft I like:
Boeing 707
MD 80
MD 11
DC 10

It's just unfortunate that so many of these cool aircraft such as the 747,757,767 are constantly being retired for newer aircraft which while are usually much more efficient which is good, I just don't like them as much 8)

Great list and I agree with you on your last paragraph.

I see that we have a some similarities in our lists. I forget to mention that I also like the 747-400 8).

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 3:33 am

I see that we have a some similarities in our lists. I forget to mention that I also like the 747-400 8).

Long live the Queen of the Skies  :\'(

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 3:38 am

Long live the Queen of the Skies  :\'(

Hell yeah! The 747 was what made me interested in aviation from when I was a little boy.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 3:31 pm

Do you watch any sports? American sports?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 3:33 pm

Hell yeah! The 747 was what made me interested in aviation from when I was a little boy.

Same :)! Way back when I was younger I remmeber seeing seeing so many 747s out at the airport becasue most long haul flights outta here were operated by them, now that's not the case anymore and the 747 is definelty a rare find in these skies today :\'(

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 3:39 pm

Same :)! Way back when I was younger I remmeber seeing seeing so many 747s out at the airport becasue most long haul flights outta here were operated by them, now that's not the case anymore and the 747 is definelty a rare find in these skies today :\'(

I know right. It's sad that the 747 has sort of died out and is continuing to decline in usage.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 3:41 pm

Do you watch any sports? American sports?

Nah not really :-X

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 3:42 pm

Nah not really :-X

Dang it! :(

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 3:43 pm

Dang it! :(

I feel bad now :\'(

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 3:45 pm

I feel bad now :\'(

It's OK :P.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 8:33 pm

Just in case you were wondering, my 5 favourite airlines (in no particular order) are:

-Air New Zealand
-Qantas
-Korean Air
-Lufthansa
-British Airways
:)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 8:50 pm

Just in case you were wondering, my 5 favourite airlines (in no particular order) are:

-Air New Zealand
-Qantas
-Korean Air
-Lufthansa
-British Airways
:)

I like those airlines as well. The only one that I have been on though is British Airways :P.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 11:41 pm

Lol, I just found a picture of that 767-300ER I was telling you about:

https://i.imgur.com/ckr773b.jpg

Unsurprisingly, this particular aircraft was retired this year :\'(

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 11:46 pm

Lol, I just found a picture of that 767-300ER I was telling you about:

https://i.imgur.com/ckr773b.jpg

Unsurprisingly, this particular aircraft was retired this year :\'(

Awesome dude! That plane looks sweet! 8)

Sad that it's retired though :(.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/18/17 at 4:02 am

I like those airlines as well. The only one that I have been on though is British Airways :P.
I found British Airways pleasant to travel with, but I enjoyed the service more on Virgin Airlines.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/18/17 at 4:26 am

I found British Airways pleasant to travel with, but I enjoyed the service more on Virgin Airlines.

That's nice to know, although I've never flown BA so I wasn't basing it off their service :). When you mentioned Virgin, were you talking about Virgin Atlantic?, if so I like them aswell!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/18/17 at 4:39 am

That's nice to know, although I've never flown BA so I wasn't basing it off their service :). When you mentioned Virgin, were you talking about Virgin Atlantic?, if so I like them aswell!
That's It, Virgin Atlantic. When I typed Airlines, I know it was wrong. It was with them we flew to the USA a few years back.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/19/17 at 4:41 pm

Anyone got some questions for me? ??? :)

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/19/17 at 4:45 pm

Anyone got some questions for me? ??? :)

You got a Kik?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/19/17 at 4:49 pm

You got a Kik?

Nope :( ....again lol ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/20/17 at 7:42 am

How do you pronounce Longaotian?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/03/17 at 9:52 pm

How do you pronounce Longaotian?

For you and everyone else who was asking lol- this is how you pronounce my username  :) : Longaotian

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/17 at 8:12 am

For you and everyone else who was asking lol- this is how you pronounce my username  :) : Longaotian
This is the way I pronounce it too!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/04/17 at 3:19 pm

like Long- gow- shun? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/17 at 3:21 pm

like Long- gow- shun? ???
No it's Longaotian  ;D

Written By: aja675 on 10/06/17 at 2:51 am

What was with the random angry comment on City-Data?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/06/17 at 4:38 am

What was with the random angry comment on City-Data?

Sorry about that, I was just wondering about that time you were asking why I was up at 3AM, but then the next morning, you admitted you were up at 5AM. I don't know why I brought that up all of a sudden, and why on City-Data, but it was really random of me, sorry for that. (What was I thinking! ::))

Once again, that was completely uncalled for. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/17 at 4:44 am

Sorry about that, I was just wondering about that time you were asking why I was up at 3AM, but then the next morning, you admitted you were up at 5AM. I don't know why I brought that up all of a sudden, and why on City-Data, but it was really random of me, sorry for that. (What was I thinking! ::))

Sometimes at 3am I have to be awake, but that is for another reason.

Written By: aja675 on 10/08/17 at 10:01 am

I'm four hours behind you, could you, like, guess where I'm from? (Everyone else, don't say it if you already know.)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/08/17 at 3:47 pm

I'm four hours behind you, could you, like, guess where I'm from? (Everyone else, don't say it if you already know.)

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say The Philippines ;)

Written By: aja675 on 10/09/17 at 6:11 am

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say The Philippines ;)
Correct. I do wonder why you guessed The Philippines because there are lots of countries that run on UTC+8 though.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/15/17 at 12:49 am

"Walking on a Dream" was pretty popular when it came out. You might remember it from then. :)

I think I know where I remember it from. Just now I found my old MP3 player I used when I was younger :), I was looking through the songs and i saw that one there, don't know how it got there haha but that's probably how I know it :)

Written By: aja675 on 10/15/17 at 1:19 am

That night, I was at a strange bed. (I was at a hotel.)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/15/17 at 1:21 am

I think I know where I remember it from. Just now I found my old MP3 player I used when I was younger :), I was looking through the songs and i saw that one there, don't know how it got there haha but that's probably how I know it :)

Ah ok. That would explain it. :)

Written By: aja675 on 10/19/17 at 1:37 am

Did you know that when I was about to sleep and when you were (presumably) asleep, there was some sockpuppet drama on City-Data?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/20/17 at 2:10 pm

Did you know that when I was about to sleep and when you were (presumably) asleep, there was some sockpuppet drama on City-Data?

No, what happened? ???

Written By: aja675 on 10/21/17 at 7:38 am

No, what happened? ???
The first time around I forgot to take screenshots, but the second time around, I did not. You could find them in these links: https://imgur.com/a/1lMHx
https://imgur.com/a/jiZGI

https://media.giphy.com/media/l6OjNLMKO0fEQ/giphy.gif

Written By: 2001 on 10/21/17 at 5:36 pm

The first time around I forgot to take screenshots, but the second time around, I did not. You could find them in these links: https://imgur.com/a/1lMHx

Lmao is this on a forum about the weather? ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/21/17 at 5:53 pm

Lmao is this on a forum about the weather? ;D ;D ;D

Yup ;D. I'm not allowed to say anything but I can say that mysteriously in recent weeks the majority of the members have suddenly disappeared and the place has been overrun by trolls :-X ;D.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/21/17 at 5:56 pm

The thread got closed for mod review and all of those posts were removed! :o btw I couldn't view those shots clear enough to read.

Written By: annimal on 10/21/17 at 6:43 pm

but if they're removed wouldn't they be impossible to read?

Written By: aja675 on 10/21/17 at 8:08 pm

The thread got closed for mod review and all of those posts were removed! :o btw I couldn't view those shots clear enough to read.
You could still zoom in on/click on individual photos.

Written By: 2001 on 10/21/17 at 9:21 pm

Yup ;D. I'm not allowed to say anything but I can say that mysteriously in recent weeks the majority of the members have suddenly disappeared and the place has been overrun by trolls :-X ;D.

You have to appreciate the entertaining trolls. They are more skillful in their art than just the plain annoying troll. :P

Written By: annimal on 10/21/17 at 9:32 pm

I'd rather take that burger from you Slowpoke

Written By: aja675 on 10/22/17 at 11:40 pm

What's your favorite kind of climate?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/23/17 at 8:21 pm

What's your favorite kind of climate?

Cfa & Csa

Written By: 2001 on 10/23/17 at 9:08 pm

Cfa & Csa

I had to look that up. I'm 100% with you on that one! Have you experienced Cfa climate though?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/24/17 at 12:12 am

I had to look that up. I'm 100% with you on that one! Have you experienced Cfa climate though?

Yes I have. Some definitions put the climate I live in as a Cfa, but that's only using some. Other than that yeah I've been to some international cities like that and I dislike very cold/cloudy/snowy winters(even though I've never really experienced that)  but I don't mind rain :P

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/26/17 at 12:47 am

Does Million Dollar Minute still air on Prime over in NZ?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/26/17 at 1:43 am

Does Million Dollar Minute still air on Prime over in NZ?

Don't know that show, tbh :P

Written By: aja675 on 10/26/17 at 3:22 am

BTW, people there tend to be really pissed off by my constantly talking about alternate Earths. Actually, their tendency to do get annoyed by that is rooted in the days when I was still into moving continents around by moving them around instead of moving continents around by tilting the Earth. I would change my mind all the time by constantly changing the arrangement of continents because I wasn't satisfied with how I moved them around because I realized that some continents would crash or the climates weren't good enough.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/26/17 at 3:26 am

I would change my mind all the time by constantly changing the arrangement of continents because I wasn't satisfied with how I moved them around because I realized that some continents would crash or the climates weren't good enough.

Europe and Africa wouldn't combine well. :P

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/26/17 at 3:44 am

Why? ???

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/26/17 at 3:54 am

Why? ???

Because of the completely different climates! :P

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/26/17 at 4:06 am

Because of the completely different climates! :P

Oh haha, I see.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/26/17 at 4:33 am

With the Continental Drift, and with the location of the Mediterranean Sea between Europe and Africa, the two continents are drifting away from each other, and the Mediterranean Sea is filling in the gap made.

Written By: aja675 on 10/27/17 at 6:22 am

https://i.imgur.com/X34Symi.png

OK, so in this tilted Earth, the North Pole is at -11.6, 166.9 in real life.

Written By: aja675 on 10/27/17 at 6:41 am

Here's a formula so that you'd know where you are in this alternate Earth. From someone in alternatheistory.com: "In real life or on the tilted planet? If you're having trouble calculating distance, this site has a convenient and accurate tool for you to use. If you want to enter latitude and longitude coordinates, use the "upload coordinates" button below the map.

Let's do an example. Say I want the new north pole to be in Paris. I live in Cleveland, Ohio, which is 6304 km from Paris. Dividing by 111 km, we find that my location is 56.8° away from the north pole. Since the north pole is 90°N, and everything is south of the north pole by definition, it's 90-56.8 or 33.2°N on the new planetocopia.

Suppose I want the north pole to be in Alice Springs, Australia. That's 16196 kilometers away from me. 16196/111=145.9. 90-145.9=-55.9. Therefore, my new location would be 55.9° South."

Written By: aja675 on 10/28/17 at 6:26 am

Here's a formula so that you'd know where you are in this alternate Earth. From someone in alternatheistory.com: "In real life or on the tilted planet? If you're having trouble calculating distance, this site has a convenient and accurate tool for you to use. If you want to enter latitude and longitude coordinates, use the "upload coordinates" button below the map.

Let's do an example. Say I want the new north pole to be in Paris. I live in Cleveland, Ohio, which is 6304 km from Paris. Dividing by 111 km, we find that my location is 56.8° away from the north pole. Since the north pole is 90°N, and everything is south of the north pole by definition, it's 90-56.8 or 33.2°N on the new planetocopia.

Suppose I want the north pole to be in Alice Springs, Australia. That's 16196 kilometers away from me. 16196/111=145.9. 90-145.9=-55.9. Therefore, my new location would be 55.9° South."
Wait, why I can't I type alternatheistory right? Is it a word filter?

Written By: aja675 on 10/28/17 at 10:09 am

I think this is where I am in my alternate Earth: https://darksky.net/forecast/37.4865,-145.87/si12/en

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/17 at 10:20 am

I think this is where I am in my alternate Earth: https://darksky.net/forecast/37.4865,-145.87/si12/en
You are in the Middle of Nowhere, or alternate Earth, are you in Middle Earth?  ;D

Written By: nally on 10/28/17 at 11:18 am

Wait, why I can't I type alternatheistory right? Is it a word filter?

I can answer this for you.

Yes, there is a word filter. It seems that any word containing the substring "t-e-h" will come out incorrectly, since "t-e-h" was added to the cuss filter in 2005.

The word-filter mainly contains swear words, which will get censored to alternate words if you try to type them on here, and any typed word containing such a word (as a substring) will also get affected.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/28/17 at 7:55 pm

BTW, people there tend to be really pissed off by my constantly talking about alternate Earths. Actually, their tendency to do get annoyed by that is rooted in the days when I was still into moving continents around by moving them around instead of moving continents around by tilting the Earth. I would change my mind all the time by constantly changing the arrangement of continents because I wasn't satisfied with how I moved them around because I realized that some continents would crash or the climates weren't good enough.

Have you seen CityData?!!?? :o

Written By: aja675 on 10/29/17 at 4:37 am

Have you seen CityData?!!?? :o
BTW, I just made some new screenshots.

Written By: aja675 on 10/29/17 at 7:33 am

https://imgur.com/a/AnALW
https://imgur.com/a/bxSir

Written By: Howard on 10/29/17 at 2:34 pm

How's the weather today for your city?

Written By: aja675 on 10/30/17 at 5:14 am

BTW, I think the OP would wind up living in an Icelandic climate.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/30/17 at 5:32 am

How's the weather today for your city?

It was 22C and sunny :) Now it's night time  :P

Written By: Howard on 10/30/17 at 5:45 am

It was 22C and sunny :) Now it's night time  :P

in Fahrenheit?  ???

Written By: aja675 on 10/30/17 at 10:35 am

https://i.imgur.com/6Eu6zVKb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FvJ8YNOb.jpg

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/30/17 at 2:50 pm

in Fahrenheit?  ???

No, I just said 22C for fun ::)

Written By: aja675 on 10/30/17 at 10:20 pm

https://i.imgur.com/6Eu6zVKb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FvJ8YNOb.jpg
https://imgur.com/a/bxSir
https://imgur.com/a/k3O1O

Written By: aja675 on 10/31/17 at 7:55 am

Several things I've noticed here:
-I'd be closer to the rest of Asia here. Like, I would be closer to the likes of Shanghai, Taiwan, and Bali. (Like, you see in the map, Taiwan is close enough to the Philippines that it could be passed off as yet another Philippine island.)
-And I'd be closer to Australia too. Australia is gonna be Canada-like in the north and California-like in the south.
-Antarctica is gonna be a large subtropical/tropical continent.
-Russia is gonna contain the biggest desert ever, maybe even bigger than the Sahara, but I suspect that being tilted in a way that makes it face the sea is gonna make the desert less big.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/31/17 at 2:47 pm

Feel free to ask me any questions :)

Written By: aja675 on 11/01/17 at 2:46 am

I can answer this for you.

Yes, there is a word filter. It seems that any word containing the substring "t-e-h" will come out incorrectly, since "t-e-h" was added to the cuss filter in 2005.

The word-filter mainly contains swear words, which will get censored to alternate words if you try to type them on here, and any typed word containing such a word (as a substring) will also get affected.
Why though?

Written By: aja675 on 11/05/17 at 9:40 am

TBH, my collection of troll comments on City-Data is super big, and I haven't uploaded all of it.

Written By: 2001 on 11/06/17 at 5:16 pm

Why though?

The slur filter is really annoying. C'mon, we're all adults (well, most of us). I want to f*cking swear without having to use asterisks  >:(

Worst is how 'p o s t e r o u s' (without the spaces) gets filtered to spammersite. now try writing "pre post er ous" (without the spaces), your post gets ruined.  :o Prespammersite!

Written By: nally on 11/06/17 at 5:33 pm

Why though?

The slur filter is really annoying. C'mon, we're all adults (well, most of us). I want to f*cking swear without having to use asterisks  >:(

Well, certain profanities are not tolerated on here.

Worst is how 'p o s t e r o u s' (without the spaces) gets filtered to spammersite. now try writing "pre post er ous" (without the spaces), your post gets ruined.  :o Prespammersite!

Well that's new to me. Perhaps we should ask Chuck about that one. This is obviously another case of the Skunthorpe Problem (word intentionally misspelled to avoid getting hit by the cuss filter)... in which a substring of a perfectly acceptable word gets filtered because the substring is a bad word.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clbuttic

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/17 at 1:20 pm

Well, certain profanities are not tolerated on here.

Well that's new to me. Perhaps we should ask Chuck about that one. This is obviously another case of the Skunthorpe Problem (word intentionally misspelled to avoid getting hit by the cuss filter)... in which a substring of a perfectly acceptable word gets filtered because the substring is a bad word.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clbuttic

Are there more we do not know of?

Written By: abisert on 11/10/17 at 1:29 pm

Judging by your username, weren't you born in 2000? If so, what years do you consider to be your childhood? Any TV shows you grew up with?

Written By: abisert on 11/10/17 at 1:31 pm

Judging by your username, weren't you born in 2000? If so, what years do you consider to be your childhood? Any TV shows you grew up with?

Do you also remember the early 2010s well?

Written By: annimal on 11/10/17 at 1:35 pm

well?

Written By: 2001 on 11/11/17 at 12:49 am

well?

We're waiting!

Written By: Longaotian00 on 11/11/17 at 2:15 am

Yeah I was born in 2000 :). I just use the 3-12 year old definition so I consider my childhood to be 2003-2012. I grew up with ALOT of TV shows, probably too many to think of right now tbh haha ;D

Written By: Longaotian00 on 11/11/17 at 2:16 am

well?

?

Written By: abisert on 11/11/17 at 10:00 am

Yeah I was born in 2000 :). I just use the 3-12 year old definition so I consider my childhood to be 2003-2012. I grew up with ALOT of TV shows, probably too many to think of right now tbh haha ;D

Oh, that's nice.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/11/17 at 10:05 am

well?
Still waiting?

Written By: nally on 11/11/17 at 11:29 am

Are there more we do not know of?

All I knew (until earlier this week) is that there are many words and names out there that contain the t-e-h substring.

Written By: annimal on 11/11/17 at 12:14 pm

Still waiting?

and hope I don't end up going in my pants

Written By: aja675 on 11/18/17 at 9:00 am

A slight change to make myself a little further south:
https://i.imgur.com/Y3AMwFP.png

Written By: 2001 on 11/18/17 at 10:02 pm

A slight change to make myself a little further south:

What is that place attached to Africa?

Written By: aja675 on 11/18/17 at 10:51 pm

What is that place attached to Africa?
Still Africa.

Written By: annimal on 11/18/17 at 11:29 pm

can I go roller skating in a buffalo herd?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 11/20/17 at 1:07 am

You guys are derailing my thread :-[

Written By: aja675 on 11/20/17 at 7:33 am

You guys are derailing my thread :-[
I'm just interested in shilling my alternate Earth map.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 11/20/17 at 8:18 am

I'm just interested in shilling my alternate Earth map.

This is just a suggestion, but on Popedia, there is a sub-board called "Check this Out!" where you can share things you have made. You could create a thread based on your alternate Earth maps. :)

Written By: nally on 11/21/17 at 6:09 pm

Thought I'd go to the beginning of this thread to read some earlier replies...

Are there any particular teams and/or athletes that you favor (in any of these sports)?

Written By: aja675 on 12/03/17 at 7:41 am

https://i.imgflip.com/20f1zn.jpg

Me to that sockpuppet guy. He made this topic. http://archive.is/NiExp

Written By: 2001 on 12/03/17 at 4:41 pm

https://i.imgflip.com/20f1zn.jpg

Me to that sockpuppet guy. He made this topic. http://archive.is/NiExp

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Longaotian00 on 12/12/17 at 11:30 pm

:) I reached 1000 posts guys! :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/13/17 at 11:21 am

O0

Written By: Howard on 12/13/17 at 2:52 pm

Congratulations. O0

Written By: 2001 on 12/13/17 at 3:14 pm

祝賀你.

Written By: aja675 on 02/03/18 at 9:25 am

TBH, my collection of troll comments on City-Data is super big, and I haven't uploaded all of it.
And I have many screenshots of them on my phone in order to pass the time in places where there's no Wi-Fi.

Written By: 2001 on 02/03/18 at 11:30 am

And I have many screenshots of them on my phone in order to pass the time in places where there's no Wi-Fi.

LOL I wouldn't be able to control my laughter.

Written By: aja675 on 02/04/18 at 4:57 am

LOL I wouldn't be able to control my laughter.
BTW, here's what they have to say about me on some pop forum: https://i.imgur.com/WTgF3rr.png

Written By: 2001 on 02/04/18 at 9:09 am

BTW, here's what they have to say about me on some pop forum: https://i.imgur.com/WTgF3rr.png

Ouch.

Written By: aja675 on 02/11/18 at 8:57 am

Ouch.
BTW, it's this site: http://www.moopy.org.uk/forums/

Written By: 2001 on 02/11/18 at 3:09 pm

BTW, it's this site: http://www.moopy.org.uk/forums/

That looks 1000x more active than inthe00s but not active enough to be entertaining, considering the main topic.

Written By: aja675 on 02/12/18 at 8:40 am

That looks 1000x more active than inthe00s but not active enough to be entertaining, considering the main topic.
What impression do you get from it?

Written By: 2001 on 02/12/18 at 8:52 am

What impression do you get from it?

My first impression was that it was slow moving, and my second impression was asking myself "Is this forum gay or not?" and I still don't have an answer ;D

Written By: aja675 on 02/12/18 at 8:52 am

My first impression was that it was slow moving, and my second impression was asking myself "Is this forum gay or not?" and I still don't have an answer ;D
Um, it is.

Written By: 2001 on 02/12/18 at 8:56 am

Um, it is.

Mild shock! :P

Written By: aja675 on 02/12/18 at 8:59 am

Mild shock! :P
Like, I'd say it's relatively unique for its specific type of forum in that it isn't an ATRL clone and that .gifs are frowned upon there.

Written By: 2001 on 02/12/18 at 9:01 am

Like, I'd say it's relatively unique for its specific type of forum in that it isn't an ATRL clone and that .gifs are frowned upon there.

Honestly I love the GIFs and the sassy talk and the funny emoticons. Hence why I couldn't figure out if it was mostly gay or not ;D

Written By: aja675 on 02/12/18 at 9:05 am

Honestly I love the GIFs and the sassy talk and the funny emoticons. Hence why I couldn't figure out if it was mostly gay or not ;D
Because there aren't that many .gifs there?

Written By: 2001 on 02/12/18 at 9:08 am

Yeah and not much sassy talk.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 02/12/18 at 1:52 pm

How does a forum have a sexual orientation?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 02/12/18 at 1:54 pm

Guys stop talking about your gay forum on my thread already >:(

Written By: Longaotian00 on 02/12/18 at 1:54 pm

Anyways........anymore questions? :)

Written By: 2001 on 02/12/18 at 3:07 pm

How does a forum have a sexual orientation?

It's when the gays take over a forum.

Written By: 2001 on 02/12/18 at 3:13 pm

Anyways........anymore questions? :)

Just the ones you haven't answered (what does your name mean and how do you pronounce it.) :P

Written By: Longaotian00 on 02/12/18 at 3:15 pm

It's when the gays take over a forum.

Oh ok, lol

Written By: Longaotian00 on 02/12/18 at 3:19 pm

Just the ones you haven't answered (what does your name mean and how do you pronounce it.) :P

.....and that is a question for another day ;)

Written By: 2001 on 02/12/18 at 3:31 pm

.....and that is a question for another day ;)

Is it a Chinese name? If so, how would you spell it in hanzi? :P

Written By: aja675 on 02/17/18 at 3:58 am

K, so this is where I've moved discussion of my screenshots: http://popedia.boards.net/thread/957/collection-screenshots?page=1&scrollTo=13190

Written By: aja675 on 02/18/18 at 8:10 am

What do you think of this?: http://www.city-data.com/forum/weather/2843670-climates-do-you-expect-there-tilted.html

Written By: aja675 on 02/28/18 at 10:14 pm

What do you think of this?: http://www.city-data.com/forum/weather/2843670-climates-do-you-expect-there-tilted.html
Did you see my calculation to find where you are?

Written By: 2001 on 02/28/18 at 10:50 pm

Did you see my calculation to find where you are?

Is Canada where Indonesia is supposed to be? If so, I would love the warm weather but I would miss the 4 seasons tbh.

New Zealand I'm guessing is where Norway is? I wonder if Longaotian00 can handle that weather. Although  Oslo is slightly warmer than Toronto in the winter, its summers are disgustingly cold, and pitiful amount of sun year-round.  8-P

Written By: aja675 on 03/01/18 at 1:44 am

Is Canada where Indonesia is supposed to be? If so, I would love the warm weather but I would miss the 4 seasons tbh.

New Zealand I'm guessing is where Norway is? I wonder if Longaotian00 can handle that weather. Although  Oslo is slightly warmer than Toronto in the winter, its summers are disgustingly cold, and pitiful amount of sun year-round.  8-P
You'd be at 27.666666667 degrees south.

Written By: aja675 on 03/04/18 at 8:47 am

Apparently, Auckland would be at 70th degrees north, and it would probably be like this. So yeah, obviously, he won't like it.

Written By: aja675 on 03/06/18 at 3:58 am

Personally, I wound up at 33.8378 degrees north, close to where Southern California is now. (Couldn't you tell this is a Mary Sue fantasy? :P)

Written By: aja675 on 03/08/18 at 1:30 am

What are the best and worst climates you've ever experienced?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/10/18 at 9:24 pm

What do you like about your homeland?

Written By: aja675 on 03/23/18 at 1:35 am

Are you still capable of reading this? Check out my screenshot thread because I have something I'd like to share there.

Written By: 2001 on 03/23/18 at 3:43 pm

What are the best and worst climates you've ever experienced?

Best is Toronto in the summer and worst is Toronto in the winter.

Written By: 2001 on 03/23/18 at 10:50 pm

Apparently, Auckland would be at 70th degrees north, and it would probably be like this. So yeah, obviously, he won't like it.

Ooo he'd love that climate.  8-P

Actually, despite it being in the Arctic and receiving no sunlight, that place is actually warmer than my city in the winter ;D

Written By: Dr. Mario on 04/01/18 at 10:21 pm

What career do you want to have in 5-10 years?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 04/25/18 at 12:48 am

Well?

Written By: aja675 on 04/25/18 at 12:54 am

Let me re-ask this question: how do you feel about where you ended up in my alternate Earth?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 06/14/18 at 6:56 pm

Questions?

Written By: 2001 on 06/15/18 at 5:44 pm

Questions?

How do you feel about where you ended up on aja's alternative Earth?

Written By: aja675 on 06/15/18 at 10:19 pm

Oh, to be fair, maybe New Zealand might be more like mainland Norway. And Auckland would be more like Tromsø, and the extreme ends of South Island might be like Bergen.

Written By: aja675 on 06/15/18 at 10:20 pm

Oh, and in case you don't answer that, what did you think of that one guy who trolled Popedia?

Written By: 2001 on 06/16/18 at 2:27 am

Oh, and in case you don't answer that, what did you think of that one guy who trolled Popedia?

Excuse me, but last I checked I do indeed have a name.

Written By: aja675 on 06/16/18 at 2:31 am

I mean, this one guy: http://popedia.boards.net/thread/1523/who-hhh?page=1&scrollTo=25218

Written By: aja675 on 06/16/18 at 2:35 am

Um, so which other questions could I ask in order not to fully derail this thread? Oh yeah, um, where did you find inthe00s?

Written By: annimal on 06/16/18 at 1:26 pm

How come this thread stays in my  Show new replies to your posts think no matter how many times I come here?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 06/16/18 at 4:54 pm

How come this thread stays in my  Show new replies to your posts think no matter how many times I come here?

Because this is the best thread on the entire forum, It doesn't want you to leave.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 06/16/18 at 4:56 pm

I don't remember you trolling on Popedia? ???

Written By: Longaotian00 on 06/16/18 at 4:57 pm

If Auckland was there I would just leave.

Written By: aja675 on 06/17/18 at 7:04 am

If Auckland was there I would just leave.
Oh, BTW, it's that way because the North Pole is in Vanuatu.

Written By: aja675 on 06/18/18 at 10:24 am

Personally, I did that so I would end up in the early 30's in latitude.

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/18 at 3:24 pm

Btw what do you think of my alternative Earth? It's like if the Earth wasn't flat but instead a sphere.

https://previews.123rf.com/images/1xpert/1xpert1504/1xpert150400297/39057635-earth-globe-elements-of-this-image-furnished.jpg

Written By: Longaotian00 on 06/18/18 at 3:32 pm

Btw what do you think of my alternative Earth? It's like if the Earth wasn't flat but instead a sphere.

https://previews.123rf.com/images/1xpert/1xpert1504/1xpert150400297/39057635-earth-globe-elements-of-this-image-furnished.jpg

I don't like it because it means im gonna fall off the bottom of the earth, duh

Written By: aja675 on 06/18/18 at 10:26 pm

You see, it works like, if you're too far or close from Vanuatu, you're gonna freeze.  :D

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/18 at 11:24 pm

I don't like it because it means im gonna fall off the bottom of the earth, duh

Good point, it is a bit unrealistic.

Written By: SailorSteven2017 on 06/22/18 at 5:53 pm

On A scale from 1-10, how well can you whip up a dish?  ;D

Written By: Longaotian00 on 06/23/18 at 6:45 am

On A scale from 1-10, how well can you whip up a dish?  ;D

Straight up 10/10

Written By: aja675 on 08/03/18 at 5:36 am

Seen this yet? http://www.city-data.com/forum/weather/2947786-tilted-earth-do-you-like-most.html

Written By: 2001 on 08/03/18 at 8:15 pm

Seen this yet? http://www.city-data.com/forum/weather/2947786-tilted-earth-do-you-like-most.html

tbh I don't think anyone knows anything about that.

Check for new replies or respond here...