inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask John/Abisert

Written By: abisert on 11/10/17 at 1:18 pm

Hiya Inthe00s,
My name is John and I was born October 2003. If you want to ask me about my memories or how my childhood culturally was like, feel free.

Since I don't remember the 2000s a lot, I would consider myself to be a 2010s kid. I'm not sure about being a 2010s teen though.

One of my earliest memories would be me being in pre-school (c. 2007/08)

Subject: Re: Ask John ('03 born)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 11/10/17 at 1:19 pm

Do you think your childhood was more of the 00s culturally or today?

Subject: Re: Ask John ('03 born)

Written By: abisert on 11/10/17 at 1:24 pm

Do you think your childhood was more of the 00s culturally or today?

I consider my childhood would be early 2010s if that counts. To me, that period is a long time ago for me. I guess some 00's since I watched Disney Channel re-runs like That's So Raven and Proud Family in the late 00's. There was the ABC Kids block too before it shut down.

I say like a mix I guess, but some coming from the late 2000s.

Subject: Re: Ask John/Abisert

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/17 at 1:25 pm

Welcome aboard!

Where are you based?

Written By: abisert on 11/10/17 at 1:27 pm

Welcome aboard!

Where are you based?

I'm from Long Island. Been there?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/17 at 1:36 pm

I have been close by when I visited NYC on holiday back in October 2013, btw I am UK based.

Written By: abisert on 11/10/17 at 1:44 pm

I have been close by when I visited NYC on holiday back in October 2013, btw I am UK based.

That's cool. It's 7 over there, right? How's the weather there?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/17 at 1:46 pm

That's cool. It's 7 over there, right? How's the weather there?
Approaching 7pm, with a difference of 5 hours.

Dry, but very cold.

Written By: abisert on 11/10/17 at 1:57 pm

Approaching 7pm, with a difference of 5 hours.

Dry, but very cold.

It's getting cold here too since it's autumn here. Nice to hear.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/17 at 1:59 pm

It's getting cold here too since it's autumn here. Nice to hear.
I'm wearing jumpers now.

Written By: abisert on 11/10/17 at 2:13 pm

I'm wearing jumpers now.

Cool. I just looked it up. Isn't that a sweater?

By the way, what year were you born in?

Written By: Howard on 11/10/17 at 2:21 pm

I'm from Queens.

Written By: 2001 on 11/10/17 at 2:43 pm

Did you have a DS or 3DS growing up?

Welcome to the forums! :D You're 10 years younger than me. It feels insane that I'm talking to you haha. But I started posting on forums in 2006/2007ish when I was 14 too, so it makes sense that you'd be as well. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/17 at 2:59 pm

Cool. I just looked it up. Isn't that a sweater?

By the way, what year were you born in?
I turned 60 last September.

Written By: abisert on 11/10/17 at 3:01 pm

Did you have a DS or 3DS growing up?

Welcome to the forums! :D You're 10 years younger than me. It feels insane that I'm talking to you haha. But I started posting on forums in 2006/2007ish when I was 14 too, so it makes sense that you'd be as well. :)

My sister born in 97 had a DS for a while. I got my 3DS in 2012, and I played Animal Crossing and Tomodachi Life. I was about to get a Wii in 2013, but I never got to. I lost it in 2015, and haven't thought about getting the Switch.

Good to see someone 10 years older than me. My question for you is did you still watch TV Channels like Nick/Disney/CN in 2007? What were everyone's favorite shows then?

Written By: nally on 11/10/17 at 4:33 pm

Welcome aboard; thanks for joining our site! My name is Jeffrey and it is a pleasure to meet ya.

Do you have a favorite subject in school? If so, what is it?

Written By: 2001 on 11/10/17 at 4:55 pm

My sister born in 97 had a DS for a while. I got my 3DS in 2012, and I played Animal Crossing and Tomodachi Life. I was about to get a Wii in 2013, but I never got to. I lost it in 2015, and haven't thought about getting the Switch.

Good to see someone 10 years older than me. My question for you is did you still watch TV Channels like Nick/Disney/CN in 2007? What were everyone's favorite shows then?

Nice! I have Animal Crossing for the 3DS (and DS)! :D I played Tomodachi Life for a bit, that game was hilarious haha.

Did you play your sister's DS? What other consoles did you have?

We didn't have those channels in Canada back then, although we did have the shows from them. I mostly stopped watching kids shows in 2004. There were some I watched into 2006, like Codename Kids Next Door and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, I believe those appeared on CN, and Drake on Josh which was on Nick. In 2007, I watched iCarly every now and then, I think that was on Nick. In 2009 or so I started watching Phineas and Ferb, that show was amazing. :D

In 2007, if my friends were watching any YTV (our main kid channel), they were mostly watching anime like Bleach, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist etc. Those must've appeared on Toonami.

Written By: abisert on 11/10/17 at 5:11 pm

Nice! I have Animal Crossing for the 3DS (and DS)! :D I played Tomodachi Life for a bit, that game was hilarious haha.

Did you play your sister's DS? What other consoles did you have?

We didn't have those channels in Canada back then, although we did have the shows from them. I mostly stopped watching kids shows in 2004. There were some I watched into 2006, like Codename Kids Next Door and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, I believe those appeared on CN, and Drake on Josh which was on Nick. In 2007, I watched iCarly every now and then, I think that was on Nick. In 2009 or so I started watching Phineas and Ferb, that show was amazing. :D

In 2007, if my friends were watching any YTV (our main kid channel), they were mostly watching anime like Bleach, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist etc. Those must've appeared on Toonami.

Yes. I used to play on it, and there was a Cooking Mama game. It was the pink one btw.

I had a PS1 for a short while (Played some old Spyro game and Croc), before I got a PS2 (SpongeBob BFBB, CFTKK, Movie). This was before I got my 3DS.

Written By: abisert on 11/10/17 at 5:12 pm

Welcome aboard; thanks for joining our site! My name is Jeffrey and it is a pleasure to meet ya.

Do you have a favorite subject in school? If so, what is it?

Thank you. English always seemed the most interesting to me, but I do enjoy it when the work is easy in that or in any other subjects.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/17 at 5:30 pm

What is your favourite film?

Written By: abisert on 11/10/17 at 6:04 pm

What is your favourite film?

When I was younger, my favorite movie was The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004) because I was a big fan of the show. I haven't really liked any particular movie since, but I do remember being obsessed with the movie Lucas (1986) at one point.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 11/11/17 at 2:20 am

So you were born in 1956? My Aunty was born in June of that year :)

Written By: abisert on 11/11/17 at 9:59 am

Wow. I think my father has a friend born in that year.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/11/17 at 10:09 am

I was born in 1957.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 11/11/17 at 2:43 pm

I was born in 1957.

But you said you turned 60 LAST September, = September 2016

Written By: 2001 on 11/11/17 at 2:48 pm

But you said you turned 60 LAST September, = September 2016

The last September was September 2017 :P

Written By: Howard on 11/11/17 at 3:07 pm

What kind of name is Abisert? ???

Written By: abisert on 11/11/17 at 4:47 pm

What kind of name is Abisert? ???

If you spell it backwards, It's TRESIBA. It was a commercial that was on a while ago, and I'd thought it'd be a unique username to use (that would not be taken).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T29GmNe3z-o

Written By: Longaotian00 on 11/12/17 at 3:34 am

That's weird. Maybe it's different where you live, but I would refer to September 2017 as "this September" and September 2016 would be "last septemeber". :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/17 at 3:58 am

Thank you.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 11/12/17 at 2:02 pm

Thank you.

Yeah? Read my post

Written By: 2001 on 11/12/17 at 9:58 pm

That's weird. Maybe it's different where you live, but I would refer to September 2017 as "this September" and September 2016 would be "last septemeber". :P

Interesting. When I say "last Friday", I'm referring to the Friday that just passed, like in the song "Last Friday Night". The same would go for "last September". If I'm referring to the previous Friday, it would be "the Friday before (last's)". I'm not sure I'd ever say "the September before", I think it would just be "September 2016" or "last year's September".

Sorry for hijacking your thread John ;D What would you mean if you said "last September"? :D

Written By: abisert on 11/13/17 at 10:45 pm

Interesting. When I say "last Friday", I'm referring to the Friday that just passed, like in the song "Last Friday Night". The same would go for "last September". If I'm referring to the previous Friday, it would be "the Friday before (last's)". I'm not sure I'd ever say "the September before", I think it would just be "September 2016" or "last year's September".

Sorry for hijacking your thread John ;D What would you mean if you said "last September"? :D

It means this past September obviously

Written By: SkittlesCat on 12/02/17 at 11:35 am

Do you consider yourself a hybrid?

Written By: abisert on 12/02/17 at 11:59 am

Do you consider yourself a hybrid?

I'm figuring 2002 would be a hybrid since they spent their core childhood equally in the late 2000s/early 2010s (5-7 in 2000s, 8-10 in 2010s). Although you follow the 2-11 method, I am curious what do you consider a core childhood (5-10 is usual opinion here)

I would be leaning towards early 2010s kid, but I did grew up with some 2000s shows that were on the air in the late 2000s.

For you, you might be a ultimate 2010s kid along with the 2007 borns since you spent your entire childhood in this decade. It's so easy for you guys (your age) to figure out your childhood years since you were born at the end of the decade.

Check for new replies or respond here...