inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any chance we can get a 1960s subforum?

Written By: 90s Guy on 02/24/18 at 10:30 am

I think this forum would be a lot cooler with a 60s subforum.

If you lump the 60s and 70s together you're lumping together two very different periods of time and it condenses the amount of conversation you can have about both.

Consider in the 60s you had the Moon landing, The Beatles, The Monkees, Twilight Zone, The Rolling Stones, Rosemary's Baby, Woodstock, the Summer of Love, Monterey Pop Festival, The Beach Boys' mystical Smile record, The Jetsons, the Connery Bond films, Dalek Mania in the UK, Doo Wop early in the decade, go-go dancing, Beatle Boots, Bowl Cuts, Twiggy, Barbarella, 2001: A Space Odyssey, the original Planet of the Apes...

If those things alone don't merit the 60s having its own space I don't know what would. Even if there's not many members here who lived through the 60s, I'm sure there's many who hold nostalgia for it in the sense of enjoying the styles and stuff from it.

Subject: Re: Any chance we can get a 1960s subforum?

Written By: karen on 02/26/18 at 11:56 am

That was/is the main purpose of the Before the 70s board.  It is just one or two members who took the title far too literally and posted things from well before (on this day 100 years ago type things)

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/18 at 3:32 pm

I would love that. While I love talking about the early 20th century too (1920s-1940s), I think it gets drowned out with "50/100/500 years ago" kind of threads. I have that board on ignore because it's not very active other than those kind of threads, so even if someone does post something interesting I don't usually see it.  :-X

Written By: 80sfan on 02/26/18 at 3:47 pm

We should have a 'Before 1900' section. It probably wouldn't be very popular, but if someone wants to post about the 1380's, or whatever, they can!

Written By: 80sfan on 02/26/18 at 3:54 pm

I think this forum would be a lot cooler with a 60s subforum.

If you lump the 60s and 70s together you're lumping together two very different periods of time and it condenses the amount of conversation you can have about both.

Consider in the 60s you had the Moon landing, The Beatles, The Monkees, Twilight Zone, The Rolling Stones, Rosemary's Baby, Woodstock, the Summer of Love, Monterey Pop Festival, The Beach Boys' mystical Smile record, The Jetsons, the Connery Bond films, Dalek Mania in the UK, Doo Wop early in the decade, go-go dancing, Beatle Boots, Bowl Cuts, Twiggy, Barbarella, 2001: A Space Odyssey, the original Planet of the Apes...

If those things alone don't merit the 60s having its own space I don't know what would. Even if there's not many members here who lived through the 60s, I'm sure there's many who hold nostalgia for it in the sense of enjoying the styles and stuff from it.

The 1920's was pretty revolutionary, and changing, too.

Written By: karen on 02/27/18 at 11:30 am

I would love that. While I love talking about the early 20th century too (1920s-1940s), I think it gets drowned out with "50/100/500 years ago" kind of threads. I have that board on ignore because it's not very active other than those kind of threads, so even if someone does post something interesting I don't usually see it.  :-X

ding ding ding we have a winner!

That's why there isn't a separate board for the 60s - the traffic it had made it meaningless

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/01/18 at 11:11 pm

I'd like that, the 60s are very iconic, just as much as the 70s, 80s, and 90s, and should have it's own subforum.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/01/18 at 11:22 pm

The 1960s are my favorite decade so I'd totally like to see a 60s subforum.

The only question I have is, would a 1960s subforum go back far enough? Is there enough interest here in the 1950s or even the 1940s to where they might warrant their own subforums as well? Or would a Before The 1960s subforum be sufficient to cover those decades?

Written By: Lizardmatum on 04/08/18 at 4:58 pm

I would love to see this too. I adore the 60's! but I guess there's just not enough demand or activity  :-\\

Written By: Wobo on 04/08/18 at 4:59 pm

I feel like we should.

Check for new replies or respond here...