inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If Anyone Lives In Missouri--I Have a Question

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/04/18 at 11:32 am

Hey Yall,

My friend Jennifer lives in MO and has been trying to get on disability for 3-4 years and keeps getting rejected for some reason. Not to delve too deeply in her medical history, but she Is overweight (on a diet now trying to lose it) Has diabetes and some kind of issue with her eyes where she has to get shots in them every so often really bad bouts of depression, has among other things. She keeps filling forms, I even helped her but she keep getting rejected.

She lives with her aunt, uncle, minor cousin and grandma. I don't know if she lived on her own if it would help, but she got a LOT of cats and is  scared if she moved the pets would have to go away.

She's also told me of a looooong waiting period to even interview.

Can anyone please help here. Is there a number we can call or something, because Jennifer is my best friend and one of the sweetest people I know and I know she deserves this. She needs it.

Thank you!

Subject: Re: If Anyone Lives In Missouri--I Have a Question

Written By: 2001 on 12/04/18 at 5:03 pm

I think MistaEazy-EMAN95 lives in Missouri. Probably worth PMing him, although I'm not sure he'd know anything more about this than your friend.

Subject: Re: If Anyone Lives In Missouri--I Have a Question

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/04/18 at 5:43 pm

I believe disability is federal not state so it doesn't matter what state she lives in. Yes, getting on disability is hard-been there, done that, and my claim was disapproved.

My advice is that she get a lawyer. There are lawyers who specialize in disability claims and when I got a lawyer, I didn't have to pay him-Social Security did. She should go to the Social Security office and inquire about lawyers.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...