inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ask Me if you Have Brain Concussion issues

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/20/20 at 4:39 pm

I'm on another group and many have post concussion issues and I've found info and directed it to them that I didn't see in any of their postings....  Could be of great significance to this condition.   

Subject: Re: Ask Me if you Have Brain Concussion issues

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/21/20 at 11:56 pm

I used to think a concussion was only if you broke your head open. But I guess I had one once. Riding my bike in high school. Took a corner too fast and hit the curb and got thrown off. As I rolled violently on the ground I could feel my brain slamming around inside my head. Somehow I didn’t bend the rim or break anything or even bleed so I got up and rode away. I consider myself lucky. But who knows if it changed anything that could have been. That was about 30 years ago and I still ride that same bike now in the summer.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/23/20 at 9:19 pm

There are many forms of brain concussions...if you are going along fine, then  you are doing good after all the yrs.

Written By: Howard on 11/24/20 at 8:36 am

Do I have a brain concussion? When I was born I was born with "water on the brain" in 1974.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/20 at 8:49 am

I have not suffered with brain concussion,  but I have other an incident a week of my life missing from my memory, with only snatches of moments during that week.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/24/20 at 1:25 pm

Do I have a brain concussion? When I was born I was born with "water on the brain" in 1974.

Probably not, and I'm not a doctor, but read a lot of stories on another group from those who have suffered brain concussions:  from accidents, sports etc and some of the lingering issues they continue to  have long after concussions. 

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/24/20 at 2:11 pm

I have not suffered with brain concussion,  but I have other an incident a week of my life missing from my memory, with only snatches of moments during that week.

Only a week is missing??/  Lots of weeks are missing in my 82 yrs...wonder about your age Philip...maybe you are a really younger person, ummmm

As I see it, the longer one lives the more is trying to be absorbed in their brains...

Written By: Howard on 11/24/20 at 2:13 pm

Probably not, and I'm not a doctor, but read a lot of stories on another group from those who have suffered brain concussions:  from accidents, sports etc and some of the lingering issues they continue to  have long after concussions.

When I was born, I suffered mild seizures so I now have a shunt in my head after 46 years it's still there.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/20 at 2:21 pm

Only a week is missing??/  Lots of weeks are missing in my 82 yrs...wonder about your age Philip...maybe you are a really younger person, ummmm

As I see it, the longer one lives the more is trying to be absorbed in their brains...
Yes, only a week after my incident (which I will not discuss here), I remember perfectly many many events of my life.

For me, my brain concussion was like a modern day computer when suddenly shut off, powercut and the memory on what work is lost, for like the computer, the brain did not 'save' the memory.

Check for new replies or respond here...