inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A Song Title Novel....

Written By: loki 13 on 01/22/07 at 8:53 pm

Let see how creative we can be, just add to the previous post using song titles as the main story line.
Add a sentence or a paragraph, your choice just make sure to use song titles. Make sure you give the
artist the credit they deserve. I'll start with:

Alice Cooper: all titles

My name is Steven, and Welcome To My Nightmare. It all began when I was sitting in a car
and was approached by Jackknife Johnny. I knew what that Desperado wanted so I stepped
on the gas. It wasn't until he was Under My Wheels that I realized what had happened.
Then I heard someone scream....."Killer."

Subject: Re: A Song Title Novel....

Written By: loki 13 on 01/23/07 at 6:16 pm

I will give it one more chance, if no response I'll let this thread die a horrible death. I know the members on this
board have a broad imagination so why not have fun with this. You can take the story in any direction. it is left
wide open.

Artist: Slipknot, Pink, Kazzer, Judas Priest, Meatloaf. and Pedro The Lion, respectively.

When I heard the Scream, I knew I was in Trouble. I had to put the
Pedal To The Medal and start Heading Out To The Highway. So, like
a Bat Out Of Hell, this Suspect Left The Scene.

So, any takers to pick the story up or are you just content on naming the same A to Z songs and artist?

Written By: gibbo on 02/20/09 at 10:39 pm

This was a good idea.....not certain how I missed it previously. I found it difficult to stop though... ;D

Artists: The Shangri-Las, Tom Petty, Peter, Paul and Mary, Patsy Cline, ELO, James Taylor, B.J. Thomas, Paper Lace, Elvis Presley. Pet Shop Boys& Dusty Springfield, Billy Ocean, Cyndi Lauper

Jacknife Johnny knew where I lived so I was thinking to myself I Can Never Go Home Anymore but I Won't Back Down . With this in my mind I thought  If I Had A Hammer ..I could defend myself.   I stopped the car..this was just Crazy..I had to collect my thoughts, but no matter how hard I try I Can't Get It Out Of My Head . Just then...I heard a noise above.. Up On The Roof I could just make out the shadowy figures of Billy and Sue. Billy had witnessed what happened and called out that he was going after Jacknife Johnny. I cried out to him Billy, Don't Be A Hero ..but he didn't stop and disappeared into the night. I thought I heard him fall but there was only one of his  Blue Suede Shoes left laying in the alley. As I scurried away from the scene I thought to myself ....What Have I Done To Deserve This? Then a calm came over me and I thought When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going . I got back into my car and I Drove All Night....

Written By: Frank on 02/20/09 at 10:50 pm

Artist "Rolling Stones"

While I was waiting for a friend  named Angie outside the Citadel, Lady Jane came to my Emotional rescue at the Memory Motel. The factory girl named Jane said "You can't always get what you want". She'll miss you, but it's all over now. I have no expectations, but here's an idea:  let's spend the night together. Take it or leave it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/31/10 at 10:04 am

Artist: the Beatles

Yesterday I call your name "Michelle", but she was devil in her heart. It was then Lady Madonna came to the being For The benefit of Mr. Kite, who was across the universe near Penny Lane. Not a second time was wasted for no one come together and was here there and everywhere while lovely Rita was geting better for the ticket to ride, but I should have known better. It was all a day in the life for me.

Check for new replies or respond here...