inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: You know you're losing your marbles / faculties .. .. when ....................

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/25/08 at 1:29 am

When you brew a cup of tea .... then leave the bag sitting in it for 20 mins ... and TOTALLY forget you made it ?

Subject: Re: You know you're losing your marbles / faculties .. .. when ....................

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/25/08 at 1:33 am

Related to this ... when you totally lose track ... of just how FAST time is flying.

Yesterday, much was made on our local news ... about how Kevin Rudd, our PM .... who replaced John Howard (good riddance ! ) ... had now been in office ONE year !

If somebody had asked me (before I heard this)  ... I'd've said about SIX months ?    :-[

UNBELIEVABLE !   :o    :( 

Subject: Re: You know you're losing your marbles / faculties .. .. when ....................

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/08 at 1:57 am

This happened to me again yesterday, as above it is regarding tea, I would put a tea bag in a cup, refill the kettle with water, place the kettle on the electric thingy, and walk out of the kitchen back to the computer and find myself waiting for the non-switched on kettle to boil.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/25/08 at 8:03 am

It's happened a LOT more to me ........ over the past couple of years .     :-[  :(    :-X

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/08 at 8:04 am

It's happened a LOT more to me ........ over the past couple of years .     :-[   :(    :-X
These day it is happening more often.

Written By: ninny on 11/25/08 at 8:51 am

These day it is happening more often.

Apparently it is a sign of old age,because I also suffer from this. ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/25/08 at 8:57 am

Apparently it is a sign of old age,because I also suffer from this. ;D

Suffer from what ?

Would you please be so kind .......... as to remind me what we were talking about ?

Written By: ninny on 11/25/08 at 9:02 am

Suffer from what ?

Would you please be so kind .......... as to remind me what we were talking about ?

I would but now I'll have to read through it,because I don't remember.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/25/08 at 9:06 am

I would but now I'll have to read through it,because I don't remember.

Whaaaaaat ?

Is this the RIGHT thread.......... and in ANY case ... could someone please tell me if I've posted here before / what it's all about ? 

Written By: ninny on 11/25/08 at 9:43 am

Whaaaaaat ?

Is this the RIGHT thread.......... and in ANY case ... could someone please tell me if I've posted here before / what it's all about ?   

Is this the how to make tea thread?

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/08 at 6:11 pm

yes, yes I turned on the sprinklers to water the landlords yard and didn't remember doing so until I walked out an hour later to put something in my car.

Subject: Re: You know you're losing your marbles / faculties .. .. when .................

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/25/08 at 8:37 pm

.....you're ALWAYS losing your keys!  >:(  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/25/08 at 8:38 pm

and YOU'RE only 30 !    :o

What IS your excuse ?     ???    ???

:P

;D

Subject: Re: You know you're losing your marbles / faculties .. .. when .................

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/25/08 at 8:40 pm

^^I can't deny it anymore.....I'm falling apart!!!!!!!!!  :o

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/25/08 at 8:49 pm

Maybe you should invest in one of these ?

http://akamai.globalsources.com.edgesuite.net/f/593/3445/5d/pdt.static.globalsources.com/IMAGES/PDT/SMALL/189/S1001028189.jpg

Key Specifications/Special Features:

* Flashing and alarm functions can help you find the key
    * Fasten it to the key, you will know where your key is when you whistle
    * With high quality, it's a new item

http://starmate.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008813665281/pdtl/LED-keychain/1001028189/Chic-Key-Finder.htm

Should be able to find at some gadget shop ?

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/25/08 at 10:22 pm

I take something out and put it back before I use it.  (You may also attribute this to the fact that I am a neat freak).

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/08 at 10:24 pm

I take something out and put it back before I use it.  (You may also attribute this to the fact that I am a neat freak).

FREAK!

;D

you are not invited to my apt. anytime soon  ;)

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/25/08 at 10:33 pm

FREAK!

;D

you are not invited to my apt. anytime soon  ;)

I will come there, I will clean and you will like it!!

My aunt in Arizona has actually offered to pay for my plane ticket if I will come and straiten out her tupperware cabinet.  ;D  My husband can practically build a house, so when we were last there, he was fixing, I was cleaning.  When we left she cried real tears!!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/08 at 12:02 am

I will come there, I will clean and you will like it!!

My aunt in Arizona has actually offered to pay for my plane ticket if I will come and straiten out her tupperware cabinet.  ;D  My husband can practically build a house, so when we were last there, he was fixing, I was cleaning.  When we left she cried real tears!!  ;D

I love cleaning out my mothers house... especially her kitchen and garage...

I'm always saying you don't need this crap or that....

but I would seriously cry if someone came in and tried to throw something I own away I am a serious pack rat and am totally attached to everything...even the stuff I haven't looked at in years.  I try to throw something while but I keep gettting that.. you might need it or you can use it for this.. Yeah I don't even want a make over because new furniture would be nice but I could still find use for the old stuff  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/08 at 1:32 am

I always put my keys into the exact same place each time when I come home or go out, then I know where the bunch is.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/26/08 at 8:04 am

I always put my keys into the exact same place each time when I come home or go out, then I know where the bunch is.

Incidentally .... I know my next door neighbour .... (never met her) .... was locked out of her flat .. today ... for maybe 8 hours ?  Left her keys inside. Locksmith had to come .... and let her in... eventually. It's gotten me thinking ... that I TOO should leave a key with a friend who lives just 10 mins walk up the road ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/08 at 8:08 am

Incidentally .... I know my next door neighbour .... (never met her) .... was locked out of her flat .. today ... for maybe 8 hours ?  Left her keys inside. Locksmith had to come .... and let her in... eventually. It's gotten me thinking ... that I TOO should leave a key with a friend who lives just 10 mins walk up the road ?
Good idea, and it is a friend you can really trust?

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/26/08 at 8:12 am

Good idea, and it is a friend you can really trust?

Yes .... in fact ... I left my keys with him on my recent 3 month trip. He's older than both of us, English, married ... done well for himself. Next time I see him, will give him a key again. Not likely to need ... but this event's gotten me thinking.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/08 at 8:23 am

Yes .... in fact ... I left my keys with him on my recent 3 month trip. He's older than both of us, English, married ... done well for himself. Next time I see him, will give him a key again. Not likely to need ... but this event's gotten me thinking.
I was going to ask was it the same person as then, you just never know.

Check for new replies or respond here...