inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Music Themed Drinks

Written By: KKay on 10/05/09 at 6:32 am

I found this online...thgout it was funny.  choosing a band and making a drink named after a song.  For example,

Twist and Shout: 1 cup lukewarm water, twist of lemon, dash of Shout stain remover

Helter Skelter: 1 cup lukewarm water, dissolve 10 No-Doz in it, twist of lemon

Norwegian Wood: 1 oz Akvavit, 1 drop reindeer blood, serve in wooden mug

I thought of...

1.  No Future (Sex Pistols):  One shot of all the white liquors in a pint glass with a crazy straw (and see who can drink it the fastest)
2.  The George Thoroughgood:  Equal parts whiskey, scotch and beer .

Subject: Re: Music Themed Drinks

Written By: Red Ant on 10/06/09 at 10:56 pm

Cool idea!

Hmm...

Marilyn Manson (Dope Show): 1 part Jaegermeister, 1 part Frangelico, Dash of Grenadine syrup. Float 151 on top, light on fire, serve in frozen skull mug.

Pearl Jam (Evenflow): 1 part Coconut rum, 1 part heavy cream, 1 part creme de menthe.

Ant

Subject: Re: Music Themed Drinks

Written By: KKay on 10/07/09 at 7:48 am

Cool idea!

Hmm...

Marilyn Manson (Dope Show): 1 part Jaegermeister, 1 part Frangelico, Dash of Grenadine syrup. Float 151 on top, light on fire, serve in frozen skull mug.

Pearl Jam (Evenflow): 1 part Coconut rum, 1 part heavy cream, 1 part creme de menthe.

Ant

^ I would serve the Dope Show drink on fire for sure.  It actually sounds pretty good.  green and red..ick.
  I want to have The Kokamo- (Beach Boys) Malibu Rum, "Florida" Key lime juice.  "Make it fast and then you drink it slow..."

Check for new replies or respond here...