inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Posting Pictures

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/22/04 at 11:06 am

Hey Chucky,
Got a question. We are now able to post our own pics for our avitars-without having it on a website-which is great. Can we do the same for pics we just  want to post-or does it still have to be on a website somewhere?

Cat

Subject: Re: Posting Pictures

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/22/04 at 12:45 pm

Hey Chucky,
Got a question. We are now able to post our own pics for our avitars-without having it on a website-which is great. Can we do the same for pics we just  want to post-or does it still have to be on a website somewhere?

You can make an attachment to your message. It can't be over 128K in size, which for a picture shouldn't be a problem.  I'll try it in a followup message to demonstrate it.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/22/04 at 12:47 pm

click on additional options, and there will be two browse buttons... you can attach two pictures to one email.

I've attached a picture of the park I proposed to my fiance in.  We're not pictured.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/22/04 at 12:57 pm

I think we found another kink. When I download the pic, it says that an error has occured. Something about this message board doesn't allow downloads or attachment.  ::)  Well, at least I know that maybe once everything gets worked out, we can do that. Thanks Chucky.

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/22/04 at 1:21 pm

it was working before I fixed the issues with the copyright notice... figures, I fix one thing, break another

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/22/04 at 1:22 pm

I think it works now... try it again

:o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/22/04 at 1:34 pm

Nope-still not working.  :( 

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/22/04 at 1:36 pm

Nope-still not working.  :( 

it really works now... I had a permissions problem I was unaware of... I actually fixed a few other minor things too...

I used my testaccount and it worked fine... (and then I deleted the evidence)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/22/04 at 1:40 pm

This is what I am getting:

It seems that you are not allowed to download or view attachments on this board.

I know you are trying. I'm sure you will figure it out.

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/22/04 at 2:23 pm

This is what I am getting:

It seems that you are not allowed to download or view attachments on this board.

I know you are trying. I'm sure you will figure it out.

I was pretty close... I fixed every board EXCEPT this one... try it now... I'll get there eventually...  so many options to configure I can't keep it all straight

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/22/04 at 7:13 pm

It works! It works! I knew you could do it. Thanks

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/23/04 at 4:16 pm

I'm still having problems. The one I posted in the PPP worked fine but I have been trying to post one in the 2000s. I hit the options and put in my pic but when I hit post, I get "page can't be displayed". What am I doing wrong?

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/23/04 at 4:35 pm

So,when posting pics,you still have to put the img on both end sides? ???

Howard

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/23/04 at 4:41 pm

I'm still having problems. The one I posted in the PPP worked fine but I have been trying to post one in the 2000s. I hit the options and put in my pic but when I hit post, I get "page can't be displayed". What am I doing wrong?

if the file size is over 100k it may not allow it (but give a totally meaningless message).  I tried it with a test account in that board, and it was fine.

Written By: Howard on 04/23/04 at 4:44 pm

if the file size is over 100k it may not allow it (but give a totally meaningless message).  I tried it with a test account in that board, and it was fine.

What is a test account?

Howard

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/23/04 at 4:46 pm

What is a test account?

Howard

it's an account with normal permissions that I created to see the board like a regular user  sees the board

Written By: Howard on 04/23/04 at 4:48 pm

What is a test account?

Howard

it's an account with normal permissions that I created to see the board like a regular user  sees the board

Who exactly here has an account? ???

Howard

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/23/04 at 4:50 pm

it's just an account I use for testing the system

Written By: Howard on 04/23/04 at 4:51 pm

it's just an account I use for testing the system

Ok,I see! Thank U!

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/24/04 at 12:49 pm

Ok Chucky, I think I figured out what is going on with that pic that I have been trying to upload. It is a bmp. I scanned it into my hard drive and that is what it came out as. Is there anyway that I can change that to a jpg or a gif (not being a computer guru myself)?

Cat

Written By: Rush on 04/24/04 at 2:06 pm

Ok Chucky, I think I figured out what is going on with that pic that I have been trying to upload. It is a bmp. I scanned it into my hard drive and that is what it came out as. Is there anyway that I can change that to a jpg or a gif (not being a computer guru myself)?

Cat

If you open the picture up in Paint, which is under Accessories in the start menu you can Save As jpg or gif. :)

Written By: adagio on 04/24/04 at 3:23 pm

When another person who posts has an attachment, like you Chucky, where do we see it?  I know where to put my own...under options.  But how do I see another's?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/24/04 at 3:26 pm

Cat

If you open the picture up in Paint, which is under Accessories in the start menu you can Save As jpg or gif. :)

Got it! Thanks for your help. I'm learning new stuff everyday.  ;D

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/25/04 at 12:33 am

When another person who posts has an attachment, like you Chucky, where do we see it?  I know where to put my own...under options.  But how do I see another's?

you should see it in the message it appears in...

Written By: adagio on 04/25/04 at 7:24 am

Thanks!

Written By: Howard on 04/25/04 at 1:49 pm

I forgot how to post a photo of myself here.How do I do again? ???

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...