inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can't Delete Our OWN Posts.....

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/23/04 at 1:45 pm

WHY...can't we delete our very own posts or topics.... ???

Subject: Re: Can't Delete Our OWN Posts.....

Written By: Mirrorshades on 04/23/04 at 2:19 pm

I could do it in this post with my test account.  It might be specific to a particular board.  Which board did you try it on?

Written By: Howard on 04/23/04 at 4:39 pm

I was getting the same thing.I can't delete my own posts. I don't understand why.It seems like It's gonna pile up like crazy.Well,maybe it's good to save it for just in case if you have a fight with someone here or had forgotten what you had said,it's nice to save the post anyway. ;D

Howard

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/23/04 at 4:45 pm

it's actually only when you try removing your message if it's the first one in the thread (thus ending up removing the thread)... This is to prevent trolls from starting flame wars, and then removing their flameware inducing post to cover their tracks. 

I have to say I support that feature based on that fact alone.

Written By: Howard on 04/23/04 at 4:50 pm

it's actually only when you try removing your message if it's the first one in the thread (thus ending up removing the thread)... This is to prevent trolls from starting flame wars, and then removing their flameware inducing post to cover their tracks. 

I have to say I support that feature based on that fact alone.

so basically is it good to save or garbage your threads? Cause you never know if you have a arguement with someone you can put their foot in their own mouth. :)

Howard

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/23/04 at 4:55 pm

so basically is it good to save or garbage your threads? Cause you never know if you have a arguement with someone you can put their foot in their own mouth. :)

if you think it should be removed just message me or Hairspray (once she gets back from wherever she is) and we'll take care of it

Written By: Howard on 04/23/04 at 4:59 pm

if you think it should be removed just message me or Hairspray (once she gets back from wherever she is) and we'll take care of it

Thank U Mr.G! ;D

Howard

Subject: Deleting stuff submitted under another identity...

Written By: Leo Jay on 05/14/04 at 2:18 pm

In addition to my own Leo Jay stuff, I have some stuff that's been posted under a couple of 'jointly owned' names that I and some friends of mine use to dump our experimental stuff and other odd stuff we don't want to 'brand' as our own... how would we get any of that stuff deleted?  Would we have to create a messageboard identity under each of those names to make deletion requests? ???

Subject: Re: Deleting stuff submitted under another identity...

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/14/04 at 2:25 pm

In addition to my own Leo Jay stuff, I have some stuff that's been posted under a couple of 'jointly owned' names that I and some friends of mine use to dump our experimental stuff and other odd stuff we don't want to 'brand' as our own... how would we get any of that stuff deleted?  Would we have to create a messageboard identity under each of those names to make deletion requests? ???

you're talking about song parodies (not posts which this thread was originally about).  If you send me email and explain it, I will probably do it.  I generally prefer not to delete stuff frequently, you shouldn't be submitting things for a couple weeks only to change your mind later.

Subject: Re: Deleting stuff submitted under another identity...

Written By: Leo Jay on 05/14/04 at 3:04 pm

you're talking about song parodies (not posts which this thread was originally about).  If you send me email and explain it, I will probably do it.  I generally prefer not to delete stuff frequently, you shouldn't be submitting things for a couple weeks only to change your mind later.

Oh, sorry about the confusion.  Actually, I guess the question at this point was pretty much theoretical, since the only thing we wanted deleted right now was a dupe, which anyone can request anyway.  I'll PM you.  Thanks.

Written By: Howard on 05/14/04 at 4:09 pm

It seems like when I create or answer a thread,It goes into the Show Posts option. ???

Howard

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/14/04 at 4:55 pm

It seems like when I create or answer a thread,It goes into the Show Posts option. ???

yes it does...

Written By: Howard on 05/14/04 at 5:10 pm

Do you think it's possible to create checkboxes so you can delete these posts quickly without having them pile up? ???

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...