inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Personal Messages

Written By: mandamoo on 04/29/04 at 4:36 am

Last night I deleted a number of PM's in my Inbox, but the original number is still indicated in the 'User Info' box on the top left of the screen. Any ideas as to how I get it back to zero  ???

Subject: Re: Personal Messages

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/29/04 at 7:14 am

Last night I deleted a number of PM's in my Inbox, but the original number is still indicated in the 'User Info' box on the top left of the screen. Any ideas as to how I get it back to zero  ???

do they still show up when you go into the personal mail folder?  if so, they're still there...

Written By: mandamoo on 04/29/04 at 7:20 am

do they still show up when you go into the personal mail folder?  if so, they're still there...

No....all the messages are gone, but the indicator still shows the original number :-\

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/29/04 at 10:16 am

No....all the messages are gone, but the indicator still shows the original number :-\

the only thing I can think of, is that you need to hit refresh on your browser to update the page

If you want, send me your password (in an email or a private message please) and I'll log in as you and see what's going on.  This software may have a bug, or there may be a confusing behavoir with the inbox I'm unaware of

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/29/04 at 11:52 am

I haven't had any problems with it.  I just tried deleting a few messages and the number indicator reflected the change.  :)

Written By: mandamoo on 04/29/04 at 6:52 pm

I've sent you an email, Chucky  :)

Written By: mandamoo on 04/30/04 at 6:44 pm

Dunno how you did it.....big thank you, Chucky ! :D 8)

Written By: rubixgirl on 05/11/04 at 2:52 pm

I'm having the same problem as mandamoo now. Weird.  :-\\

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/11/04 at 4:01 pm

I'm having the same problem as mandamoo now. Weird.  :-\\

there's a bug with the software.  When deleting lots of messages, use the checkboxes instead of the delete all function on the top left of the box... I'll run something to fix it...

Written By: rubixgirl on 05/11/04 at 4:21 pm

there's a bug with the software.  When deleting lots of messages, use the checkboxes instead of the delete all function on the top left of the box... I'll run something to fix it...

Oh, ok...will do. Thanks Chucky! :)

Written By: Howard on 05/11/04 at 8:43 pm

What are personal messages in Inbox? ???

Howard

Written By: Bobo on 05/12/04 at 12:57 am

That's where it says, "Hey Howard, you have x messages, y are new" If you click on that, it takes you to where your private messages are, and there's a button to get rid of them. Except, don't click on that button. Because it's not working properly.

Written By: Howard on 05/12/04 at 8:28 pm

That's where it says, "Hey Howard, you have x messages, y are new" If you click on that, it takes you to where your private messages are, and there's a button to get rid of them. Except, don't click on that button. Because it's not working properly.

Ok,I gotcha,Thanks! ;)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...