inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How do you post pictures?

Written By: Im Batman on 05/03/04 at 1:08 am

I'm a newbie, so bare with me.  I tride to post a picture, and when I clicked on image and put in the address, on the post was only a listing of the pictures address.  So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
I'm Batman

Subject: Re: How do you post pictures?

Written By: Bobo on 05/03/04 at 4:11 pm

Hi there.

To post a picture, click on the image tag, second leftmost on the bottom row, which inserts
image tags. You then write the address of the picture between the brackets.

http://www.csee.umbc.edu/~htang1/simpsons-the-homer-simpson-sitting-4001443.jpg

Alternatively, by pressing Additional Options, and then Browse, you can search your computer for the images you wish to use in your post. These are then put into the footer of the post.

I hope this helps.

Written By: Im Batman on 05/03/04 at 8:16 pm

Thanks Bobo.  Idid what you said, and I got the white box with a red square on my post where my picture should be.  Does that mean it will come up after a certain amount of time? 

Thanks again,
I'm Batman

Written By: Howard on 05/03/04 at 8:52 pm

Thanks Bobo.  Idid what you said, and I got the white box with a red square on my post where my picture should be.  Does that mean it will come up after a certain amount of time? 

Thanks again,
I'm Batman

I think you have to try it again,Batman!

Howard

Written By: Bobo on 05/04/04 at 12:57 am

Hmm. That means that either, you've linked from a tripod site which doesn't allow much remote linking at all... or the picture is an incompatible format..

Sometimes when I'm on different computers, I get a colourful rectangular box, which means that the picture is loading, but that doesn't generally happen.

Try attaching a different picture and see how it goes.

Thanks again,
I'm Batman

Written By: Howard on 05/04/04 at 9:19 pm

Sometimes the picture has to be a certain dimension. :)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...