inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Avatar Problems....

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/21/04 at 10:20 am

I have something that I would like to use as an avatar. It just so happens that it's a "Moving" gif file....It doesn't do anything but sit there when I try it....I've noticed that other peoples avatars "Move"....?

Subject: Re: Avatar Problems....

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/21/04 at 11:01 am

I have something that I would like to use as an avatar. It just so happens that it's a "Moving" gif file....It doesn't do anything but sit there when I try it....I've noticed that other peoples avatars "Move"....?

if you're using the upload feature, and the image is larger than 100 pixels in one direction, the resize function might remove the animation after it's uploaded.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/21/04 at 11:42 am

if you're using the upload feature, and the image is larger than 100 pixels in one direction, the resize function might remove the animation after it's uploaded.
It's the same avatar that I used to use....it's 75x122....is there ANY way you could take it (It's the Juke Box in my sig line) and do something to make it work....I promise never to change avatars again... ::)

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/21/04 at 1:55 pm

It's the same avatar that I used to use....it's 75x122....is there ANY way you could take it (It's the Juke Box in my sig line) and do something to make it work....I promise never to change avatars again... ::)

not a problem... turns out Adobe ImageReady handles animated gifs quite nicely.  Something I never knew before, but I am sure happy to know now.  I made two versions, one with the black background, and one with a transparent background (that should work on any background).  If you want the one with the black background, let me know and I'll change it

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/21/04 at 3:19 pm

not a problem... turns out Adobe ImageReady handles animated gifs quite nicely.  Something I never knew before, but I am sure happy to know now.  I made two versions, one with the black background, and one with a transparent background (that should work on any background).  If you want the one with the black background, let me know and I'll change it
Thanks...I love it! ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/21/04 at 6:29 pm

What about a flashing avatar? ???

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...