inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 28 x 30

Written By: Howard on 05/26/04 at 6:49 pm

I have been having trouble lately trying to post a picture of myself here and I constantly get the RED X,28 x 30 NOT AVAILABLE.I'm getting the picture from MY PICTURES from the D Drive.I can understand what's going on and what that means? :-\\

Howard

Subject: Re: 28 x 30

Written By: Vapor Trails on 05/26/04 at 6:52 pm

Howard,

I have to upload my avatar picture from my computer daily now. It doesn't seem to save it to the next day from this forum's server.
It has happened now the past three days.

Written By: Howard on 05/26/04 at 6:54 pm

Howard,

I have to upload my avatar picture from my computer daily now. It doesn't seem to save it to the next day from this forum's server.
It has happened now the past three days.

But what does 28 x30 Not Available mean? :-\\

Howard

Written By: mrgazpacho on 05/27/04 at 2:42 am

It means that the image that is used to tell you that your picture is not available is sized 28x30 pixels.

Written By: Howard on 05/27/04 at 4:52 pm

So,What Is Available besides 28 x 30? ???

Howard

Written By: mrgazpacho on 05/27/04 at 6:36 pm

Apparently nothing, for you :P

Maybe we'll have to try a little step-by-step instructions with screenshots. I'll do that when I get home tonight. Meanwhile, check that your picture isn't too big - the board can reject oversize pictures.

Written By: Howard on 05/27/04 at 7:02 pm

Maybe we'll have to try a little step-by-step instructions with screenshots. I'll do that when I get home tonight. Meanwhile, check that your picture isn't too big - the board can reject oversize pictures.

Maybe I'll try posting my avatar instead.

Howard

Written By: mrgazpacho on 05/28/04 at 8:07 am

OK, here's the screen when I click "Reply". Note the "Additional Options" section at the bottom left...

Written By: mrgazpacho on 05/28/04 at 8:10 am

Now, when I click that "Additional Options..." link, the file attatchment options become visible...

Written By: mrgazpacho on 05/28/04 at 8:15 am

When I click one of the "Browse" buttons, a new window will open up where I can choose a file to attach (note that there are two buttons, so you can attach two pictures to any given post).

The easiest thing to do here is to double-click on the file you want to attach...

Written By: mrgazpacho on 05/28/04 at 8:18 am

Now when yuou return to the "Post Reply" screen, the file name should have automatically been filled in for you...

Written By: mrgazpacho on 05/28/04 at 8:22 am

After this, just hit "Post" and you should be done! The only thing I can see is if your operating system (I'm on Windows XP) for some reason does not fill in the filename in the same format that you can see in that last step. For instance, if all the "\" characters that you can see turn out as "/" characters. In that case, you'll have to correct them all yourself before you press "Post". Also, the very first character in that field should be the hard disk drive letter (e.g. D). not "http://" or "file://" any such thing like that.

See how you go... good luck!  8)

Written By: Howard on 05/28/04 at 6:10 pm

Hey,If that doesn't work,I'll try another approach.Thanks a lot Gazpacho,Thank You. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/28/04 at 6:13 pm

Never Mind Gazpacho,it worked.YAY! ;D I'm in the picture mood now! ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 05/29/04 at 8:38 am

I'm sorry! Could someone move this picture to the "show me what you look like"thread? Thanks. ;)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/14/04 at 8:50 pm

After this, just hit "Post" and you should be done! The only thing I can see is if your operating system (I'm on Windows XP) for some reason does not fill in the filename in the same format that you can see in that last step. For instance, if all the "\" characters that you can see turn out as "/" characters. In that case, you'll have to correct them all yourself before you press "Post". Also, the very first character in that field should be the hard disk drive letter (e.g. D). not "http://" or "file://" any such thing like that.

See how you go... good luck!  8)
It's not working! I did everything you said....I even tried smaller pictures....all I get is a big square with a red outline :-\\

Written By: mrgazpacho on 06/14/04 at 10:28 pm

Hmmm... maybe try uploading it in this thread? Then maybe we can analyse the problem right here :)

Written By: Howard on 06/15/04 at 3:46 pm

If you upload it here,maybe we can see what the problem is.  :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/15/04 at 6:49 pm

Hmmm... maybe try uploading it in this thread? Then maybe we can analyse the problem right here :)
I tried...when I hit "Post" it just keeps going back to the big red outlined box :-\\

Written By: mrgazpacho on 06/15/04 at 7:35 pm

Where?

Edit: testing attaching a picture to this message...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/15/04 at 9:28 pm

Where?
It would NOT post.it just kept giving me the option to do so...I hit post and yet it refused to :-[

Written By: mrgazpacho on 06/16/04 at 1:32 am

Hmmm just worked for me ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/17/04 at 10:47 pm

Hmmm just worked for me ???
walk me through it one more time....please?

Written By: mrgazpacho on 06/17/04 at 11:50 pm

Review the sequence of messages I posted on the previous page of this thread. If you have to, bring up two browser windows so you can read the instructions in one screen while doing the stpes in another screen.

The main thing is to NOT use the "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of the page; it doesn't give you the advanced options necessary for attaching files. Instead, use the "Reply" link which is displayed under the most recent message. I think "Reply with quote" also gives you the advanced options.

You said you hit "post" - what are all the steps you did BEFORE that, and what was displayed on your screen at each step?

Written By: Howard on 06/18/04 at 5:04 pm

I tried...when I hit "Post" it just keeps going back to the big red outlined box

Yeah,that happened to me too.It was frustrating at first but then I got the knack of it. :)

Howard

Written By: mrgazpacho on 06/21/04 at 6:43 pm

Whoa - dunno about that ???

Written By: 80s Lady on 02/16/05 at 7:17 pm

Just testing to see if I've got the pic posting thing figured out.

Written By: Howard on 02/17/05 at 1:58 pm

Just testing to see if I've got the pic posting thing figured out.

You've got it correct 80's Lady. :)

Howard

Written By: 80s Lady on 02/17/05 at 9:38 pm

You've got it correct 80's Lady. :)
Howard

Yea, I kept trying to post a pic and when I would hit "Preview", the pic wasn't there so I thought I was doing something wrong.  After oh, about 30 times of trying to do that, I decided to come to this thread to try it out and see if the pic was there anyway even though you can't see it on the preview.  It was!!  ::)  Don't I feel stupid!!

Written By: shiprunner12 on 02/17/05 at 11:20 pm

Sorry this is totally unrelated to this topic but, not that I'm superstitous, I had the 666th post on this board and I just had to write something to get to 667.

Written By: Howard on 02/18/05 at 2:02 pm

Yea, I kept trying to post a pic and when I would hit "Preview", the pic wasn't there so I thought I was doing something wrong.  After oh, about 30 times of trying to do that, I decided to come to this thread to try it out and see if the pic was there anyway even though you can't see it on the preview.  It was!!   ::)  Don't I feel stupid!!

Don't worry about it.We all make mistakes. ;)

Howard

Written By: Step-chan on 06/07/05 at 3:33 pm

It is the same for posting pictures from other sites? Do you need a disc for it? I have been trying to post different pictures(on the Bump Me! thread in the Playful Penguin section). I have gotten a couple of posts on how to do it and it didn't work for me. Chaka also told me about the Additional options section, which I tried and still couldn't get it to work. When I would type in the address normally for the picture it would show up., but when I used the additonal options and put it in there it wouldn't show the picture, it would show the URL and when I clicked on it, it would say it wasn't available(why I don't know, I can view it when not posting it, it should be available). What am I doing wrong?

Written By: karen on 06/08/05 at 4:05 am

It is the same for posting pictures from other sites? Do you need a disc for it? I have been trying to post different pictures(on the Bump Me! thread in the Playful Penguin section). I have gotten a couple of posts on how to do it and it didn't work for me. Chaka also told me about the Additional options section, which I tried and still couldn't get it to work. When I would type in the address normally for the picture it would show up., but when I used the additonal options and put it in there it wouldn't show the picture, it would show the URL and when I clicked on it, it would say it wasn't available(why I don't know, I can view it when not posting it, it should be available). What am I doing wrong?

If you are trying to post a picture from your hard drive then this is the way to do it.

try this ... :)

this is a quote from Absolutely Vile which helped me figure out how to do it months ago..

When you click on "Reply" to post a message, you'll see "Additional Options..." below the message box. Click on it, and where it says "Attach," click "Browse" to find your picture. Select the picture. Click "OK" or whatever it says besides "Cancel," then click "Post." Easy as that.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Step-chan on 06/08/05 at 2:38 pm

I actually figured why it didn't work. I think the pictures I tried to post were too big(I don't remember what exact size that they were, but it was something similiar to maybe like 300x640). 

What I've been trying to do is put pictures of anime and video game characters in my post. Howard suggested cut and paste, then said copy and paste(he accidently put "cut" the first time).
Chaka suggested the Additional options section as something to try(unless the pictures were too big). I didn't realize that the pics were too big at the time(I remember now that it said the the page couldn't be displayed). Howards ways would post the site(both cut and copy), not the pics.(You could check them out by clicking the site on the post, but I don't want to set it up like that)
Someone else said something about using IMG brackets instead of URL but I don't exactly get what they mean by it or how to set it up.

Written By: mrgazpacho on 06/09/05 at 10:33 am

When you post a link to the site, the URL is usually the .html file of the whole page. If you want to link just to one image at a time, use and around the URL of the image file.

For instance, my avatar is stored at the following URL: http://mrgazpacho.redirect.hm/anime/ghibli/pics/kodama_and_me.jpg

Surrounding that URL with IMG tags like this: http://mrgazpacho.redirect.hm/anime/ghibli/pics/kodama_and_me.jpg

looks like this: http://mrgazpacho.redirect.hm/anime/ghibli/pics/kodama_and_me.jpg

Written By: Step-chan on 06/09/05 at 11:40 am

Thank you! I wasn't sure what the person meant by it.

Check for new replies or respond here...