inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Were some entries deleted when search was disabled?

Written By: Valerie on 05/29/04 at 12:19 am

From time to time I remember a misheard lyric entry that was definitely on the site before the crash problems and could be found by the old search, now disabled, but when I try to find it by the present google search, I get no results for the phrase searched for. Does this mean that some entries were deleted when the search was disabled, and would have to be resubmitted if they are to show up on the site again? Or are those entries still on the site but not readily (if at all) accessable by any current search option? If the latter, can they be expected to show up eventually through some modification of current search options?

Also, there have been no new entries for months now to Parody song fragments, or to any categories of the "Real lyrics" section. Does that mean these pages have become inactive for now? Or can one expect more new entries to any of those categories any time soon?

Incidentally, in case it is important to anybody, there have been frequent recent updates to "Commercials" and "Proposed Duets" (about as frequently as to "Bad On Hold Music") but the dates shown have not recently reflected those updates to "Commercials" or "Proposed Duets".

Subject: Re: Were some entries deleted when search was disabled?

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/29/04 at 7:41 am

From time to time I remember a misheard lyric entry that was definitely on the site before the crash problems and could be found by the old search, now disabled, but when I try to find it by the present google search, I get no results for the phrase searched for. Does this mean that some entries were deleted when the search was disabled, and would have to be resubmitted if they are to show up on the site again? Or are those entries still on the site but not readily (if at all) accessable by any current search option? If the latter, can they be expected to show up eventually through some modification of current search options?

Also, there have been no new entries for months now to Parody song fragments, or to any categories of the "Real lyrics" section. Does that mean these pages have become inactive for now? Or can one expect more new entries to any of those categories any time soon?

Incidentally, in case it is important to anybody, there have been frequent recent updates to "Commercials" and "Proposed Duets" (about as frequently as to "Bad On Hold Music") but the dates shown have not recently reflected those updates to "Commercials" or "Proposed Duets".

no misheard lyrics were lost, but it is possible the pages aren't up to date for some reason, I will look into that and see what I can find.  The server has been running fine for a few weeks now, so I'm probably going to get brave and try writing a new search engine next week.

in order for the other pages to be updated, someone has to review new entries made to them.  A couple of the editors assigned to the pages you mentioned have stopped doing their pages, and I haven't found people to take their place yet.  I will focus on finding new people to mantain those pages once I finish up work with inthe80s

Check for new replies or respond here...