inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm online, but I'm not!

Written By: Jeff (nally) on 06/17/04 at 4:27 pm

Chucky, would you help me please? It says I'm still online, yet my computer says I'm a guest.
I must have used up my session length or something!
What do I do?! Please help.

Subject: Re: I'm online, but I'm not!

Written By: nally on 06/17/04 at 4:29 pm

Chucky, would you help me please? It says I'm still online, yet my computer says I'm a guest.
I must have used up my session length or something!
What do I do?! Please help.

Never mind, I logged back in now. I guess I used up my session length. Sorry. :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/17/04 at 5:02 pm

Never mind, I logged back in now. I guess I used up my session length. Sorry. :)

If you open/close your browser without logging back in, the system will continue to display you at the "who's logged in" part of the index.  This is normal, you're not really logged in still, but the board hasn't timed out your session yet.

Written By: nally on 06/17/04 at 5:09 pm

If you open/close your browser without logging back in, the system will continue to display you at the "who's logged in" part of the index.  This is normal, you're not really logged in still, but the board hasn't timed out your session yet.

Thank you. I must have lost track of time during my session or something. Whenever I log into the forum, I always select "1 Hour" from the listbox, and my hour must've been up. I'm just glad that everything's ok now. :)

Written By: Howard on 06/17/04 at 6:16 pm

Oh so when you click other than Forever,you actually get a time to be logged in then it logs you out?  ???

Howard

Written By: karen on 06/18/04 at 8:20 am

Oh so when you click other than Forever,you actually get a time to be logged in then it logs you out?  ???

Howard

Yes.  I generally select one hour and have been logged out by the system after that time although I was still reading messages.

Written By: nally on 06/18/04 at 10:24 am

Yes.  I generally select one hour and have been logged out by the system after that time although I was still reading messages.

So do I. In fact, I always use "1 Hour" when I sign in; that way if something goes wrong, like last month when the system acted funny, I won't be logged into the same machine for a long time.

Check for new replies or respond here...