inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: WANT YOUR VERY OWN AVATAR OF YOU LIKE MINE? CHECK OUT HOW!

Written By: Silver Power on 09/30/04 at 4:10 pm

How To Get Your Very Own Doll:

1. Post here and write how you look (Hair color, hair style, skin color) And your favorite type of clothes (Shirt: Pockets, slash across, buttons, normal - Sleeves: Long, short, long bell sleeve, short shoulder cuffs wristband - Pants: Tucked into shoes, out of shoes, torn up legs scarred, bell-bottoms)

2. Wait for me to reply and on the reply I will post a picture of your doll. Right click on the picture and select “Save Picture As…” and save it as “mydoll”

3. Under the Search Bar, you will see Home | Help | Search | Profile | Calendar | Archive | Logout Click “Profile”.

4. On the left side of the screen, you will see
Profile Info
Summary
Show Stats
Show Posts

Modify Profile
Account Related Settings
Forum Profile Information
Look and Layout Preferences
Notifications and Email
Personal Message Options

Click “Forum Profile Information” and it should look something like this
Personalized Picture:

I have my own pic:
Specify your own avatar by URL. (ex: http://www.mypage.com/mypic.gif)
I will upload my own picture:

5. Click in the bubble next to “I will upload my own picture” and under your current avatar should be something that says “Browse” and click it.

6. It will bring up a list of your pictures. If not, click on the scroll button next to my documents up at the top of the list and click “My Pictures” and then you will see the list.

7. Scroll until it gets to “mydoll”. Click “mydoll” and at the bottom of the list It says “Open”. Click “Open” and then go to the bottom of the page and click “Change Profile”

BAM! You Are Done!

;D

Subject: Re: WANT YOUR VERY OWN AVATAR OF YOU LIKE MINE? CHECK OUT HOW!

Written By: Silver Power on 09/30/04 at 4:46 pm

Examples - http://C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\christian556.PNG - Okay, The Last One Isn't Really One, But This Topic Needs Comedy! Right? Right? Where Are You All Going?  ;D

Written By: Silver Power on 09/30/04 at 5:59 pm

WHAT THE HECK? I POSTED THESE PICTURES AND MADE SURE THE PICTURES WERE SMALL ENOUGH AND THEY WERE IN PNG FORMAT! THIS STINKS! OH, JOHNNY D! WE NEED HELP!

Written By: Howard on 10/01/04 at 6:58 pm

How can I get my own avatar to look like yours?  ???

Howard

Written By: Arwen on 10/02/04 at 2:41 am

I don't know that I'll use it for my avatar...but I want to see your version of me, none the less... :)

So...basically, I'm a total babe...Go.

Need more?  Okay, I've got blonde hair about to my shoulders...I kind of do like a wingy dingy flip up thing with it...I've got blue eyes...(I don't think you needed to know that...but it's a key feature)...and I do my best to stay pretty tan.  My favorite kind of clothes are...hmmm...it depends.  I am going to go with capri pants and flip flops...which I insanely wear year round...(even in the snow!)...and a sassy message (i.e. "i'm cuter than you") t-shirt, I guess.

(This had better be good... ;))

Written By: Silver Power on 10/02/04 at 6:11 am

U Here?

Written By: Silver Power on 10/02/04 at 6:31 am

wait i just got done and i was able 2 make your shirt say:

CUTER
THAN
YOU

with a heart at the bottom, i got u blue jeans boot look kinda like sandals or something i dont no but the shirt is pink u r blonde and has a tan

Written By: Silver Power on 10/02/04 at 6:51 am

:D Yay! It Is My Avatar Temporarily. I Would Like My Old Back Though, Post Here Once You Saved It Arwen, Okay?

Written By: Howard on 10/02/04 at 9:06 am

I thought the picture of me WAS my own avatar? I got that from "My Pictures". :)

Howard

Written By: Arwen on 10/03/04 at 1:08 am

wait i just got done and i was able 2 make your shirt say:

CUTER
THAN
YOU

with a heart at the bottom, i got u blue jeans boot look kinda like sandals or something i dont no but the shirt is pink u r blonde and has a tan

Oh she's totally cute.  I'll keep Liv as my avatar...you know...the whole Arwen bit...but I've saved her to my hard drive...

Written By: Silver Power on 10/03/04 at 6:52 am

Good.. Let Me Change Mine Back To Me...

Written By: Apricot on 10/03/04 at 11:38 am

Alright, Mr. Silver Power. Here's something for you to work with. It's kinda like me, but different in some ways. I might use it, or keep my good ol' Isaac Brock avatar.  ;)

Black Hair, not too short. Not going off the contour of the head, but not like a buzz cut either.
I have pale skin. I'm not really tan, especially during this time of year.
I wear a lot of black. A black jacket would be nice. I like white too. They're my two favorite colors, they are. I'm a big fan of hats, something along the lines of a beret maybe. Long pants, I wear long pants a lot. Shoes? Not sure here. Use something that will contrast with my clothing nicely. Ultimately, do what you like, but here are some guidelines. Thanks.

Written By: Silver Power on 10/03/04 at 5:00 pm

Alright i am almost done yours apricot btw i love modest mouse but i am having trouble with a berret my program is cheap but i will try to get it

Written By: Apricot on 10/03/04 at 7:53 pm

Alright i am almost done yours apricot btw i love modest mouse but i am having trouble with a berret my program is cheap but i will try to get it

Thanks, man. Plus, it's good to know I'm not the ONLY Modest Mouse fan out there. If you can't get the beret, don't stress over it too much. It's not that big a deal, just if you can. Thanks again!

Happy birthday, by the way.

Written By: Silver Power on 10/04/04 at 4:24 pm

YES! I FINALLY FINISHED THE BERRET! MUAHAHAHAHA! ;D Okay, as you can see, my avatar is the picture of you. Since i have no clue how to make a picture in your message, what you do is right click on my avatar and go down to where it says "Save Picture As" and give it a name. Then make it your avatar if you like it! Post here once you have saved the picture because I can then change my avatar back to what it was! Thanks!

Written By: Silver Power on 10/04/04 at 4:27 pm

By the way, i checked out your website, are you ice chariot? the one born in 1990? if you are, you seem very mature, i thought you were 30, but ice chariot might not be you.

Written By: Howard on 10/04/04 at 4:47 pm

very nice picture Silver Power! :)

Howard

Written By: Apricot on 10/05/04 at 2:10 pm

By the way, i checked out your website, are you ice chariot? the one born in 1990? if you are, you seem very mature, i thought you were 30, but ice chariot might not be you.

I am indeed Ice_Chariot. I'm 14 now. Thanks for the compliment, though. Thanks for the avatar, I'mma use it now, at least for a while.

Written By: Silver Power on 10/05/04 at 2:41 pm

Glad You Like It! Mr. Howard, You Said You Wanted An Avatar Of You. Well, You Must Tell Me What You Like To Wear, What Color, Your Skin Color, And Hair Color. Well, I Know The Last Two Because Of Your Current Avatar. Just Tell The Rest.

Written By: Howard on 10/05/04 at 7:06 pm

Glad You Like It! Mr. Howard, You Said You Wanted An Avatar Of You. Well, You Must Tell Me What You Like To Wear, What Color, Your Skin Color, And Hair Color. Well, I Know The Last Two Because Of Your Current Avatar. Just Tell The Rest.

I'll have to get back to you on that.I'm gonna keep the picture of myself for now. :)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...