inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Couldn't Sign Off Before The Site Went Down!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/06/04 at 8:39 am

What happened?? I was posting last night and then right before I was going to bed the site went down...before I could sign off! I'll lead the most hours on line if that keeps up.....What gives ::)

Subject: Re: Couldn't Sign Off Before The Site Went Down!

Written By: nally on 10/06/04 at 2:47 pm

I dunno, Mark; I was also logged in last night when it started going slow. When I log in, I always select "one hour" from the listbox so that I'm not logged in from the same computer all the time. I came back to the site at a quarter to six this morning (Pacific time) and saw that I had been logged out. So I logged back in and then out again safely to be sure.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/06/04 at 2:50 pm

I wasn't aware of a crash or anything last night.  You should never pick a time longer than one hour unless you log in from your own personal machine.

Written By: Howard on 10/06/04 at 7:11 pm

I didn't have any problems myself. ???

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/06/04 at 9:02 pm

I dunno, Mark; I was also logged in last night when it started going slow. When I log in, I always select "one hour" from the listbox so that I'm not logged in from the same computer all the time. I came back to the site at a quarter to six this morning (Pacific time) and saw that I had been logged out. So I logged back in and then out again safely to be sure.
Well...I screwed up and forgot to log off....then I tried to go back to the site and it would NOT connect :-\\ Guess I'll try what you suggested thanks, Jeff :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/06/04 at 9:03 pm

I wasn't aware of a crash or anything last night.  You should never pick a time longer than one hour unless you log in from your own personal machine.
I was on my own personal machine....maybe it was a glitch with my phone line or something :-\\

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/06/04 at 9:51 pm

I was on my own personal machine....maybe it was a glitch with my phone line or something :-\\

no... I checked, the site had to be rebooted last night.  I'm hoping to find some time to start setting up the new sever and move the site onto it.  This one has been comprised and will only get worse until it's moved.  If you're on your own personal machine, there's no real reason to worry about logging out.  It's only for people who use public libraries and such, to prevent others from using their accounts.

Written By: Howard on 10/07/04 at 6:27 pm

On my personal computer,I always choose Forever.That way,I don't have to have them log me out after a certain number of hours. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/07/04 at 11:16 pm

no... I checked, the site had to be rebooted last night.  I'm hoping to find some time to start setting up the new sever and move the site onto it.  This one has been comprised and will only get worse until it's moved.  If you're on your own personal machine, there's no real reason to worry about logging out.  It's only for people who use public libraries and such, to prevent others from using their accounts.
Thanks for the reply, ChuckyG..will you announce the time when the sight will be down? Will It take long :-\\

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/08/04 at 8:00 am

Thanks for the reply, ChuckyG..will you announce the time when the sight will be down? Will It take long :-\\

I probably will announce it, but as for how long it's down? probably two days

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/08/04 at 1:22 pm

I just hope you choose the middle of the week and not a weekend ???

Written By: Howard on 10/08/04 at 3:29 pm

Oh No! You're gonna shut the site down for 2 days? :( Just hope it's not on a weekend. :(

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 10/08/04 at 8:30 pm

Hey guys, we will survive the site being down a couple of days.  I promise. :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/08/04 at 10:11 pm

unfortunately, due to my hectic schedule, a weekend is probably when it will happen.  But we'll see.  Most of the downtime will be waiting for servers to recognize the new address.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/08/04 at 10:20 pm

unfortunately, due to my hectic schedule, a weekend is probably when it will happen.  But we'll see.  Most of the downtime will be waiting for servers to recognize the new address.
Perhaps...next weekend....late Friday night until Sunday sometime??  Just curious ;)

Written By: Howard on 10/09/04 at 9:12 am

Hey guys, we will survive the site being down a couple of days.  I promise. :)

No,I won't survive.I'm gonna wind up with messageboard withdrawl symptoms. :( ;)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/09/04 at 12:40 pm

No,I won't survive.I'm gonna wind up with messageboard withdrawl symptoms. :( ;)

Howard
If I can make it I KNOW you can, Howard ;)

Written By: Howard on 10/10/04 at 6:23 pm

If I can make it I KNOW you can, Howard ;)

No,I'm not.I'm gonna start having the shakes.  ;D ;)
It's all Chucky's fault. ;D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/12/04 at 9:11 pm

It happened AGAIN!  This morning before I went to work I could NOT get the site to even open up :-\\ What's Up-Chuck :D

Written By: Howard on 10/13/04 at 5:46 pm

It happened AGAIN!  This morning before I went to work I could NOT get the site to even open up :-\\ What's Up-Chuck :D

Yeah Mark It happened to me last night.I couldn't even get back on or log off.site told me to try again later. >:(

Howard

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/13/04 at 7:22 pm

the server hasn't crashed lately, so maybe your connection is bad? no idea... I haven't seen any gaps where people were unable to connect.

Written By: Howard on 10/14/04 at 4:13 pm

the server hasn't crashed lately, so maybe your connection is bad? no idea... I haven't seen any gaps where people were unable to connect.

Yeah,Chucky It could've been a bad connection.Who knows what happened! :-\\

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/14/04 at 4:14 pm

When did Chucky say he was gonna shut down the system? ???

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/14/04 at 11:06 pm

When did Chucky say he was gonna shut down the system? ???

Howard
He said he'll announce it :-\\

Written By: Howard on 10/15/04 at 4:26 pm

He said he'll announce it :-\\

Ok,I can wait Mark.Thanks. :)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...