inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: STILL cannot delete our own topics!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/12/05 at 11:51 pm

My son joined the boards tonight and he wanted to delete a topic that he started...which had yet to have replies..so I walked him through how to and....it said "You cannot delete this topic"!! What gives, ChuckyG? Help would definately be appreciated ;)

Subject: Re: STILL cannot delete our own topics!!

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/13/05 at 6:07 am

My son joined the boards tonight and he wanted to delete a topic that he started...which had yet to have replies..so I walked him through how to and....it said "You cannot delete this topic"!! What gives, ChuckyG? Help would definately be appreciated ;)

which board was it on? he is registered right?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/13/05 at 7:22 am

which board was it on? he is registered right?
70's..."Greatest Rock Band Of The 70's"  which already has one reply.....and in 2000s "Suns Are Amazing" which has no replies....I told him about doing apoll instead and he should get more bands in there....and the Suns could be put into the NBA thread. I'm happy to say that he registered last night :) Any reason why this still happens? As always, Chucky, I appreciate whatever can be done ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/13/05 at 2:52 pm

Wow,Mark that's great.I'm happy that your son is gonna be joining the boards soon.So now both of you can talk to each other at the same time. ;D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/13/05 at 6:30 pm

Wow,Mark that's great.I'm happy that your son is gonna be joining the boards soon.So now both of you can talk to each other at the same time. ;D

Howard
like I said in my post..he already is registered..but thanks, Howard :)

Written By: Howard on 01/13/05 at 6:53 pm

like I said in my post..he already is registered..but thanks, Howard :)

what name does he go under? :)

Howard

Written By: karen on 01/14/05 at 5:28 am

Mark

I noticed on a couple I started the option is right at the bottom of the thread.  It will only work if he is logged in and it is the thread he started.

Another way I have done it is using the 'modify' option.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/14/05 at 12:04 pm

Mark

I noticed on a couple I started the option is right at the bottom of the thread.  It will only work if he is logged in and it is the thread he started.

Another way I have done it is using the 'modify' option.
I'll let him know....thanks, karen :)

Written By: Howard on 01/14/05 at 1:37 pm

Can I ask what name does your son go under? :)

Howard

Written By: Hairspray on 01/14/05 at 1:39 pm

Is he still having trouble, RnRF?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/14/05 at 7:08 pm

Is he still having trouble, RnRF?
Well I know I tried to delete a topic recently and had the same thing happen. As for him..I haven't had a chance to ask him but I assume he still has the problem because a couple he wanted out are still there :-\\ BTW...nice to see you here, Hairspray :)

Written By: Hairspray on 01/14/05 at 7:37 pm

Well I know I tried to delete a topic recently and had the same thing happen. As for him..I haven't had a chance to ask him but I assume he still has the problem because a couple he wanted out are still there :-\\ BTW...nice to see you here, Hairspray :)

Thanks, man. I'm sorry to see you guys still have a problem. I will pm ChuckyG and have him work on it. Sometimes it's easier to get a hold of him through pms.

Written By: Howard on 01/16/05 at 6:47 pm

I hope to talk to him real soon Mark. :)

Howard

Written By: Echo Nomad on 11/28/05 at 12:44 am

Yeah, I'm having the same problem deleting a no reply topic of mine as well. I know I'm logged in because I just made a couple posts.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/28/05 at 8:50 am

Yeah, I'm having the same problem deleting a no reply topic of mine as well. I know I'm logged in because I just made a couple posts.

what board is it in, what's the title?

Written By: Echo Nomad on 11/30/05 at 12:41 am

Thanks. The topic is "Myth of the Babybust and EchoBoom" in the 90's thread. No one has responded and I feel that upon further review it's really not topical for this board, or in other words it doesn't belong up there.

Normally, can posters delete their own topics if no one has replied?

Sincerly, Wayne

Check for new replies or respond here...