inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Weirdness

Written By: Jessica on 01/17/05 at 10:45 pm

So yesterday and today I've tried getting to the messageboards, but everytime that I try, it has said that it couldn't find this website. I finally got on here earlier, so I thought the problem was solved. An hour later I tried to come back on here, and it couldn't find the website again. It barely came up right now. I tried this on both computers in the house with the same results. Is it something I did? ???

Subject: Re: Weirdness

Written By: gemini61 on 01/18/05 at 11:00 am

I've had the same thing lately. But my problem is, when I get logged in and try to reply to a topic, it says error, can't find website www.inthe00s.com. Then I hit the back button & it takes me back to the board, so I try to reply again and it does the same thing. Even when I tried to log out it did it.  But it's not all the time.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 01/18/05 at 4:13 pm

Does it say "page cannot be displayed"?  ??? Well,it sometimes happens to me.there's something probably wrong with the web site so if it doesn't happen the first time,try again. :)

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/23/05 at 8:49 pm

I also get the same thing.. once every 2-3 days and then a couple of times on that day.

Written By: Howard on 01/24/05 at 3:47 pm

I wonder why that happens? ???

Howard

Written By: ros on 01/28/05 at 7:23 am

WOW.....there is even a posting on weirdness.........I am impress :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/28/05 at 8:38 am

it might be useful if you run a traceroute to see where the problem is:

In windows, do the following:

Open a command window (DOS Window)
Type: tracert inthe00s.com

and then paste the result here (when you're able to connect again).

I'm not sure where the problem lies, it might be a particular ISP.  The site hasn't been down in a month, even if people haven't been able to reach it.

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/28/05 at 8:46 am

Here are my results...

Had to print screen im afraid

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/28/05 at 10:12 am

Here are my results...

you only need to post it from when you're having problems connecting.  What it will do, is show where the connection is getting dropped, when you're unable to reach it.

Written By: Howard on 01/28/05 at 2:02 pm

Here are my results...

So Al,What is this supposed to be a picture of? ???^

HOWARD

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/28/05 at 2:13 pm

The Trace i ran on the intheoos.com

Written By: Howard on 01/28/05 at 2:20 pm

The Trace i ran on the intheoos.com

Oh,I see.Did it work? ???

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/28/05 at 2:25 pm

Not sure really LOL

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/28/05 at 2:28 pm

Not sure really LOL

yes it worked.

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/28/05 at 2:36 pm

Well good.. nice to be of help  ???

Written By: mrgazpacho on 01/30/05 at 5:31 am

Chucky,

this seems similar to the reason I posted my "IP Address" question before. When I have connection problems, it's not that the server times out on the response - it's that the server cannot be found at all. I wonder if your Web host does some weird DNS updates at certain times of the day/week and this causes the inthe00s.com domain name to temporarily disappear? I note that the amiright.com domain never seems to have these problems.

When the problems happen, I do a nslookup and my local ISP reports that it cannot even find the name, so of course attempting a tracert would be futile.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/31/05 at 5:04 pm

Chucky,

this seems similar to the reason I posted my "IP Address" question before. When I have connection problems, it's not that the server times out on the response - it's that the server cannot be found at all. I wonder if your Web host does some weird DNS updates at certain times of the day/week and this causes the inthe00s.com domain name to temporarily disappear? I note that the amiright.com domain never seems to have these problems.

When the problems happen, I do a nslookup and my local ISP reports that it cannot even find the name, so of course attempting a tracert would be futile.

well, I'm pretty sure it's a dns issue at this point, and we're trying to fix it.

Check for new replies or respond here...