inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I have a question about something in our profiles

Written By: nally on 04/06/05 at 1:33 pm

Hi Chucky...

In our profile, where it says, "Show general statistics for this member", it has, at the bottom, "Most Popular Boards By Posts" and "Most Popular Boards By Activity." I know that "...By Posts" indicates how many posts you have in each board, but how are the figures for "Most Popular By Activity" determined? I'm wondering about that. :-\\

Subject: Re: I have a question about something in our profiles

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/06/05 at 1:39 pm

Hi Chucky...

In our profile, where it says, "Show general statistics for this member", it has, at the bottom, "Most Popular Boards By Posts" and "Most Popular Boards By Activity." I know that "...By Posts" indicates how many posts you have in each board, but how are the figures for "Most Popular By Activity" determined? I'm wondering about that. :-\\

I didn't even know about those stats, amazing just how much stuff exists in this software.

I looked it up on the support site, and it's totally not what I thought it was.

It is proportional to the number of posts in that board, hard to explain, but if a board only has 10 posts in it and the user has 9 of those 10 posts, they will be considered very higly active in that board.

In your case, there are 179,582 posts on the Penguin Board Games.  You've made 21,370 posts there.  That is 11.90% of all posts of that board.

Subject: Re: I have a question about something in our profiles

Written By: nally on 04/06/05 at 1:41 pm

I didn't even know about those stats, amazing just how much stuff exists in this software.

I looked it up on the support site, and it's totally not what I thought it was.

It is proportional to the number of posts in that board, hard to explain, but if a board only has 10 posts in it and the user has 9 of those 10 posts, they will be considered very higly active in that board.

In your case, there are 179,582 posts on the Penguin Board Games.  You've made 21,370 posts there.  That is 11.90% of all posts of that board.

So that's what it means. Thank you! :) I was wondering why "Penguin Ratings" was dominating "Playful Penguin Place"; I guess I have a larger piece of the pie in "Ratings" than in "Playful Penguin."

Check for new replies or respond here...