inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What should we do if a thread is in the wrong forum?

Written By: guest on 07/07/05 at 10:27 pm

hi chucky,

Lately I have found quite a few topics that seem inappropraite for the forums they're in, like general stuff in the 80's forum (some of which may be non-eighties, like 'what song you listening to right now?'), and member-related threads in the 2000's forum. I was wondering, what should we do if we feel that a certain thread is in a forum where it may not belong? Should we post a message on the topic saying "This belongs in the (such-and-such) forum" or send you a private email or what?

Subject: Re: What should we do if a thread is in the wrong forum?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/07/05 at 10:38 pm

hi chucky,

Lately I have found quite a few topics that seem inappropraite for the forums they're in, like general stuff in the 80's forum (some of which may be non-eighties, like 'what song you listening to right now?'), and member-related threads in the 2000's forum. I was wondering, what should we do if we feel that a certain thread is in a forum where it may not belong? Should we post a message on the topic saying "This belongs in the (such-and-such) forum" or send you a private email or what?
Hit "Report to moderator" at the bottom of the first post and in the box provided write down: "Thread Is In Wrong Forum" or something to that effect. The mods will either agree and move it, or decide that it fits and won't do anything.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/08/05 at 9:05 am

Hit "Report to moderator" at the bottom of the first post and in the box provided write down: "Thread Is In Wrong Forum" or something to that effect. The mods will either agree and move it, or decide that it fits and won't do anything.

yup.  Report anything that looks wrong.  if it isn't, we'll just ignore the message anyways

Written By: karen on 07/08/05 at 9:15 am

when one reports a message does it copy the message to the mods?  or do you just get the message we send and then you come here and have a look?

just wondering because sometimes I've reported a message and then it's been edited by the person to remove the insult

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/08/05 at 10:34 am

when one reports a message does it copy the message to the mods?  or do you just get the message we send and then you come here and have a look?

just wondering because sometimes I've reported a message and then it's been edited by the person to remove the insult

it just sends a link.  If someone was doing it often to stir trouble, I'm sure I could fix it to copy the message into the email.

Written By: ADH13 on 07/08/05 at 6:49 pm

hi chucky,

Lately I have found quite a few topics that seem inappropraite for the forums they're in, like general stuff in the 80's forum (some of which may be non-eighties, like 'what song you listening to right now?'

haha I had to laugh at this because the first day I was ever on the board, I answered that "What song are you listening to right now" with a 70's song, and I got scolded by other members for it!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who took the topic as exactly what it reads.  The topic should be changed to "What 80's song are you listening to?"

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/11/05 at 3:34 pm

But the "report to moderator" link only seems to appear on threads in this forum.

I believe it's currently only registered members who can report threads.  This forum is probably not configured properly if guests can see that link

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/13/05 at 11:42 am

haha I had to laugh at this because the first day I was ever on the board, I answered that "What song are you listening to right now" with a 70's song, and I got scolded by other members for it!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who took the topic as exactly what it reads.  The topic should be changed to "What 80's song are you listening to?"

I agree Andrea....it should specify the decade with the question....sometimes I just hit my unread posts and reply to them...and I forget to see what decade they are actually for.

Erin :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/12/05 at 11:20 pm

I don't like to whine, but I found a topic in the 1980s forum that seems to be non-80s (i.o.w., it doesn't cover a specific decade at all); called "Favorite toy." If you ask me, that one definitely belongs in "Playful Penguin Place." Here's the URL: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,12186.0.html
It's obvious they are talking about "favourite 80s toys." otherwise they probably would've put it in 2000s or PPP.

Sorry but it stays.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/12/05 at 11:54 pm

You have no authority to make that statment. Last time I checked, your name wasn't Chucky G.

Woah Woah Woah....pop and midol and back away from the Luke.

Beth

Written By: guest on 03/30/06 at 12:28 am

I believe it's currently only registered members who can report threads.  This forum is probably not configured properly if guests can see that link

I tried using it and it worked for some unknown reason.

Apparently, as a guest, I can see the "Modify" and "Remove" links on the "guest" posts in this thread too. And they worked.

How bizarre. ::)

Written By: Abix on 03/30/06 at 4:31 pm

I understand there must be some semblance of  organization, and I think this website is well organized. But some  people need to cut others  some slack. So a  70's song  gets posted  under a  'what song are you listening to ' that happens to be in the 80's or 90s. If it's not clearly stated, these things are bound to happen. And Toys??  We are nit picking about toys??  Come on, life is short. I think this website is meant to be fun.  Don't sweat the small stuff.
(Just my opinion).

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/30/06 at 9:37 pm

I understand there must be some semblance of  organization, and I think this website is well organized. But some  people need to cut others  some slack. So a  70's song  gets posted  under a  'what song are you listening to ' that happens to be in the 80's or 90s. If it's not clearly stated, these things are bound to happen. And Toys??  We are nit picking about toys??  Come on, life is short. I think this website is meant to be fun.  Don't sweat the small stuff.
(Just my opinion).

Well said...a big applause for you! :)

Check for new replies or respond here...