inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: apparently i'm banned - help

Written By: confused ethan on 07/14/05 at 2:47 pm

I got a message saying i'm banned from this forum because of something about fake identities from cheeseball webmail providers. I don't know what that means and I don't think i did anything worthy of getting banned.

Subject: Re: apparently i'm banned - help

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/14/05 at 3:23 pm

I got a message saying i'm banned from this forum because of something about fake identities from cheeseball webmail providers. I don't know what that means and I don't think i did anything worthy of getting banned.

sorry. I was trying to prevent new sign ups from a couple of different email providers I've been having issues with, and it looks like it affected existing users.  Should be fixed now.

Written By: Jeff (nally) in the dark on 07/14/05 at 3:33 pm

I got the same thing trying to log out! :-[

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/14/05 at 3:46 pm

sorry. I was trying to prevent new sign ups from a couple of different email providers I've been having issues with, and it looks like it affected existing users.  Should be fixed now.

Had the same problem, thought... Huh??

Anywho, cheers for sorting it.

If you don't mind me asking which providers?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/14/05 at 3:56 pm

Philip is having the same problem. He still can't log in. Anything you can do Chucky?

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/14/05 at 4:26 pm

Philip is having the same problem. He still can't log in. Anything you can do Chucky?

Cat

hmm... still? I thought I fixed it..

Written By: EthanM on 07/14/05 at 6:41 pm

it's fixed for me now. Thanks.

Written By: nally on 07/14/05 at 9:36 pm

It's fixed for me now too. :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/15/05 at 4:09 pm

Same happened here - thanks Chucky for clearing it up - stuff just happens sometimes.

Since I'm used to how message boards work (and the things that can subsequently go wrong!), I wasn't too worried actually -- I figured it was a glitch or a mistake somewhere. I resolved to just let it rest a few days, then if the message was still there, I'd try and Email Chucky about it.

I'll be honest, it did give me a bit of a surprise at first - I was like, Geez, people aren't THAT sick of hearing me complain about shaving or talking about 2015, are they? ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/15/05 at 4:50 pm

Just reporting to say everything is fine after last night!

Check for new replies or respond here...