inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Searching the Forum

Written By: ADH13 on 01/27/06 at 4:35 pm

I clicked on "Advanced Search" and it said "An error has occurred!  You are not allowed to search for posts on this forum." ???

Subject: Re: Searching the Forum

Written By: whistledog on 01/27/06 at 6:47 pm

I clicked on "Advanced Search" and it said "An error has occurred!  You are not allowed to search for posts on this forum." ???

The search feature has been disabled.  I guess it might be a cause for the SMF errors cause it's so slow of a search

Written By: nally on 01/27/06 at 7:17 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/27/06 at 7:54 pm

yeah, for some reason when you disable the search, it still displays the box.  I don't plan on permanently removing it, so I didn't bother to edit it out.

I want to leave it off for a few days and see if the crashing stops.  So definitely let me know if the site crashes again.

Written By: EthanM on 01/27/06 at 11:58 pm

I just tried to search for the first time in weeks if not months...  at least now I know why it doesn't work

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/28/06 at 7:40 pm

I rarely use search and just when I needed it, dang. Now i gotta do it the hard way.  :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/28/06 at 7:50 pm

Just a question: is it possible to integrate the search with google, like I've seen on other sites? (Making google search for sites on www.inthe00s.com only)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/28/06 at 8:25 pm

Just a question: is it possible to integrate the search with google, like I've seen on other sites? (Making google search for sites on www.inthe00s.com only)

It might be possible to do a google search and just type the topic/subject and  "+ inthe00s" and see what comes up.

I just did it as an experiment and it seemed to work.

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/28/06 at 8:26 pm

if you go to google, just type site:inthe00s.com before you type your query.

The archive has a site only search box on it

http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/28/06 at 10:32 pm

a couple of days without a crash..life is good  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...