inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: what does THIS mean???

Written By: STAR70 on 03/04/06 at 6:23 pm

I typed the address to access in the 00's and got this weird message"

"You are here by accident
It has been brought to our attention that the IP address of this server (205.209.153.162) is being used as a local DNS resolver by a cable or broadband provider somewhere.

This is a mistake because this server reports the same IP for all queries for an internal application that has nothing to do with you.

You need to contact your access provider (whoever they are) and get proper DNS resolvers from them."

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Subject: Re: what does THIS mean???

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/04/06 at 8:59 pm

I typed the address to access in the 00's and got this weird message"

"You are here by accident
It has been brought to our attention that the IP address of this server (205.209.153.162) is being used as a local DNS resolver by a cable or broadband provider somewhere.

This is a mistake because this server reports the same IP for all queries for an internal application that has nothing to do with you.

You need to contact your access provider (whoever they are) and get proper DNS resolvers from them."

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

All I can think of is that you typed the wrong address.  That IP address isn't one of my servers.

Check for new replies or respond here...