inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How did this happen? I went one karma point down?

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/16/06 at 8:30 pm

I lost one karma point, does this have anything to do with the new 'smite' option?

Subject: Re: How did this happen? I went one karma point down?

Written By: whistledog on 04/16/06 at 9:05 pm

I know when someone deletes their account, any karma they give you goes away.  Perhaps that happened  :-\\

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/17/06 at 8:10 am

I lost one karma point, does this have anything to do with the new 'smite' option?

There is no "new" smite option.  it's just a left over non-functional link in the personal messages system.  it can't be used

Written By: adagio on 04/22/06 at 8:38 am

.......anymore.  ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 05/14/06 at 5:21 am

I am sure I've sent certain people karma, which apparently they have not received. I have just PM'd Chucky in this regard ...

IIRC you cannot give karma until you reach 100 posts. You should be fine now since you have 117.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/14/06 at 5:25 am

.......anymore.  ;D

HAHAHAHA! True, unfortunately  ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/14/06 at 10:41 am

Trimac .. I don't know if the karma system is 100% or not. However, I think it would be nice if the karma log extended to more than just 24 hours or the last 51 posts ... I think that's what it does. I am sure I've sent certain people karma, which apparently they have not received. I have just PM'd Chucky in this regard ... maybe he can change the system to show the karma log for a week, or even to show us an individual account of who has karma'd us in the last week, without showing all the other users .... I think that would be a good idea.

Al.

:)

unfrotunately there's no real control on the karma system log, as to how long it lasts.  I have no idea why it expires at all.

as for disappearing karma, I have no idea why that happens either.  the smite button only awarded negative karma, it didn't subtract karma

Written By: nally on 05/14/06 at 6:34 pm

as for disappearing karma, I have no idea why that happens either.  the smite button only awarded negative karma, it didn't subtract karma

Maybe it happens if someone who gave you karma deletes their account. :-\\ I dunno...

Written By: La Roche on 05/15/06 at 12:11 am

I beg to differ.

Me and Mr. Tia and Mrs. Kay took it upon ourselves to play with it and it, if you PM somebody, you did (not anymore) have the option to smite them. We smited and discoverd that although it removed a karma point, it did other odd things, like add two, remove two and generally make things odd.

I ran away and blame them for breaking the toy.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/15/06 at 7:36 am

I beg to differ.

Me and Mr. Tia and Mrs. Kay took it upon ourselves to play with it and it, if you PM somebody, you did (not anymore) have the option to smite them. We smited and discoverd that although it removed a karma point, it did other odd things, like add two, remove two and generally make things odd.

I ran away and blame them for breaking the toy.

Yeah I did that too, but only once to someone who was getting on my wick at the time, it showed on the karmalog that I'd applauded him  ;D

he's since calmed down.

Check for new replies or respond here...