inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Size of signature image

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/22/06 at 4:36 pm

I have a signature image that I've been trying to add to my profile and it's 400 pixels by 100 pixels.  Everytime I add it, it automatically resizes it to 300x75 and it ruins the quality of the image.

Now, I've seen signatures where the height of the image exceeds 100 pixels and the image hasn't been resized.  I've also seen signatures where the length of the image is more than 300 pixels and it hasn't been resized. 

Is there a restriction I'm not aware of because I'd really like to have this image in my signature.

Subject: Re: Size of signature image

Written By: whistledog on 04/22/06 at 5:41 pm

It does the same thing when you post pictures in a thread.  They get resized and look all distorted.  I always have to end up resizing my photos to make them fit.  It's too much of a hassle  :\'(

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/22/06 at 7:14 pm

No really, will someone please tell me why I can't have a 400x100 signature, but someone else can have a 300x300?

Written By: whistledog on 04/22/06 at 8:36 pm

No really, will someone please tell me why I can't have a 400x100 signature, but someone else can have a 300x300?

It depends on what kind of picture you have.  If it is a wide picture, then it will shrink majorly, but if it's a tall picture, then it will shrink but not as much.  If everyone had real large pictures in their sig, pages would take days to load for those with dial-up.

You best bet would be to re-size the image yourself with photoshop or whatnot (that way it won't lose quality), then upload it to a host and link it from there :)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/23/06 at 12:14 am

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: whistledog on 04/23/06 at 1:13 am

I'll give it a try, although when I tried doing that with another image I wanted to use, it made it look wonky because it took 100 pixels off the length and smushed it together.

Depending on what program you use, some programs can resize large images to small images, without losing any quality or pixels at all

Written By: KKay on 04/23/06 at 6:52 pm

I"m glad you've asked this qustion...I know my pictures are large, but if i mimiize them they look wierd.
if you have a restricition, i want to follow the rules..
if you havea a suggestion, i'd like to know waht to do.

THanks!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...