inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can't get my age to show...

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/03/06 at 5:54 pm

For some reason I can't change my profile to include my age, every time I try to change it, the birhtdate keeps resetting itself to 0000-00-00.

Am I doing something wrong. 

Subject: Re: Can't get my age to show...

Written By: FaultyDog on 06/04/06 at 4:36 pm

For some reason I can't change my profile to include my age, every time I try to change it, the birhtdate keeps resetting itself to 0000-00-00.

Am I doing something wrong. 

No you're not. It's a glitch in the program. For some reason it doesn't accept any dates prior to 01/01/70. Chucky promised to fixed it with the next update. :)

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/04/06 at 4:40 pm

No you're not. It's a glitch in the program. For some reason it doesn't accept any dates prior to 01/01/70. Chucky promised to fixed it with the next update. :)

Thanks Henk. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/04/06 at 4:40 pm

To show your age, you have talk about stuff that happened when you were a kid-i.e. "When I was a kid, I had to walk 10 miles to school in 6 feet of snow, uphill-both ways".  :D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry, couldn't resist. There are other people who have the same problem. I don't know for sure but it could have something to do with using Internet Explorer as opposed to Firefox. If you are using IE, try Firefox and see if that works. (I don't put my age down because I don't want to show my age.  ;) But, I sure most people around here already know how old I am. )

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/04/06 at 4:48 pm

To show your age, you have talk about stuff that happened when you were a kid-i.e. "When I was a kid, I had to walk 10 miles to school in 6 feet of snow, uphill-both ways".  :D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry, couldn't resist. There are other people who have the same problem. I don't know for sure but it could have something to do with using Internet Explorer as opposed to Firefox. If you are using IE, try Firefox and see if that works. (I don't put my age down because I don't want to show my age.  ;) But, I sure most people around here already know how old I am. )

Cat

LOL!!

Actually it's pretty scary that I can say something like "Thirty years ago I was...".

Written By: FaultyDog on 06/04/06 at 4:55 pm

LOL!!

Actually it's pretty scary that I can say something like "Thirty years ago I was...".

All those great songs from the early 1980s... and then you realize it's like 25 years ago...and the people you're talking to are like, what? 17, 18?

You know when it really hits me? When younger folks call me "sir" ... I'm not even 40! ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/04/06 at 5:04 pm

All those great songs from the early 1980s... and then you realize it's like 25 years ago...and the people you're talking to are like, what? 17, 18?

You know when it really hits me? When younger folks call me "sir" ... I'm not even 40! ;D

LOL!!  I know what you mean.

I bought a treadmill the other day and paid with a check, the kid (17 or 18 years old) at the cash register needed my drivers license.  He looked at my birthday and then at me and said "You were born in 69?  You don't look that old."  I didn't know if I should thank him or smack him!!  LOL!!

Written By: FaultyDog on 06/04/06 at 5:14 pm

LOL!!  I know what you mean.

I bought a treadmill the other day and paid with a check, the kid (17 or 18 years old) at the cash register needed my drivers license.  He looked at my birthday and then at me and said "You were born in 69?  You don't look that old."  I didn't know if I should thank him or smack him!!  LOL!!

...but you did ask him for his phone number, right..?  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...