inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: how does one award karma?

Written By: xtine on 06/06/06 at 2:41 pm

this is probably has a really obvious answer, but i can't find it!

how do i award karma to someone?  i looked in my messaging folders and on users' profiles, but i can't find any link remotely labeled "karma."

i also tried the search function but all i got was results for individual karma scores.

Subject: Re: how does one award karma?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/06/06 at 2:42 pm

this is probably has a really obvious answer, but i can't find it!

how do i award karma to someone?  i looked in my messaging folders and on users' profiles, but i can't find any link remotely labeled "karma."

i also tried the search function but all i got was results for individual karma scores.

You can't award someone karma until you've gotten 100 posts.  When you do, you'll see a link underneath people's usernames that says "applaud" and you'd click on that to award someone a point.

Written By: xtine on 06/09/06 at 11:36 pm

okay, that explains why i didn't see anything!

thanks! :)

Written By: Clover_339 on 07/30/06 at 2:35 pm

What's the karma for? What does it do?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/30/06 at 2:36 pm

What's the karma for? What does it do?

The karma is just a way for you to give someone kudoes for answering a question, participating in a quiz you make, saying something funny, making a good point, etc,. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/30/06 at 3:19 pm

The karma is just a way for you to give someone kudoes for answering a question, participating in a quiz you make, saying something funny, making a good point, etc,. 
That has been my principal in giving out Karma, I have no idea how many I have done.

Written By: Clover_339 on 08/06/06 at 6:59 am

Ok, thanks for that!

Written By: annonymouse on 08/18/06 at 2:24 pm

You can't award someone karma until you've gotten 100 posts.
   hey, i didn't know that. no wonder the applaud button suddenly popped up next to my avatar.

Check for new replies or respond here...