inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Avatar troubles

Written By: Ebontyne on 08/02/06 at 9:34 pm

For whatever reason, my avatar has disappeared... which is irritating because I intended never to change it. Anyway, the image itself is not hard to come by, but nothing seems to be working... It always gives me this little message in red text saying that it's either "too large" or "not an avatar." I'm sure I didn't have problems like this the last time I created one.

Anyway, here's a link to the smallest version of the image I could find (though it's apparently still too large): http://kate-bush.de/media/DIR_41601/clouduk.jpg

Subject: Re: Avatar troubles

Written By: whistledog on 08/02/06 at 9:54 pm

Do you link it directly from that link?  With avatars, it's best to upload them directly from your computer

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/02/06 at 11:20 pm

For whatever reason, my avatar has disappeared... which is irritating because I intended never to change it. Anyway, the image itself is not hard to come by, but nothing seems to be working... It always gives me this little message in red text saying that it's either "too large" or "not an avatar." I'm sure I didn't have problems like this the last time I created one.

Anyway, here's a link to the smallest version of the image I could find (though it's apparently still too large): http://kate-bush.de/media/DIR_41601/clouduk.jpg

Avatars have to be 100x100, IIRC.  I can shrink that down for you if you like, so you can see if that works.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/02/06 at 11:25 pm

Avatars have to be 100x100, IIRC.  I can shrink that down for you if you like, so you can see if that works.

Here's the link to the modified image: http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/4546/cloudvo0.jpg

Just open that up, save it to your hard drive and upload it to your profile.  It should work.

Written By: whistledog on 08/02/06 at 11:28 pm

Still avatars can be larger than 100x100, but they will automatically re-size to fit 100x100.  Animated ones cannot exceed 100x100, otherwise they will shrink to fit, but they won't animate

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/02/06 at 11:32 pm

Still avatars can be larger than 100x100, but they will automatically re-size to fit 100x100.  Animated ones cannot exceed 100x100, otherwise they will shrink to fit, but they won't animate

If the images are automatically resized to be 100x100, that means the max size your image can be is 100x100.  I can upload something 900x452, but the avatar will not be 900x452.  It'll be 100x100.

Written By: whistledog on 08/02/06 at 11:45 pm

If the images are automatically resized to be 100x100, that means the max size your image can be is 100x100.  I can upload something 900x452, but the avatar will not be 900x452.  It'll be 100x100.

Sometimes Avatars can exceed the limit.  This member has an avatar of 150x120.  I want one that big  :\'(

Written By: Ebontyne on 08/03/06 at 11:42 am

Here's the link to the modified image: http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/4546/cloudvo0.jpg

Just open that up, save it to your hard drive and upload it to your profile.  It should work.

Thank you for the assistance. :) I saved it to my computer and uploaded it this time.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/03/06 at 12:54 pm

Thank you for the assistance. :) I saved it to my computer and uploaded it this time.

You're welcome.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...