inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why is there a lock symbol at the end of a thread that I've started?

Written By: dance4fun on 02/15/07 at 6:47 pm

Can anyone answer this?    What does this mean?  I was just wondering why I see this, but I don't see it on anyone else's threads, huh?

Subject: Re: Why is there a lock symbol at the end of a thread that I've started?

Written By: nally on 02/15/07 at 6:48 pm

It only appears at the end of threads which you start.

Also, I think the moderators/admins have the power to lock any thread at any time.

Subject: Re: Why is there a lock symbol at the end of a thread that I've started?

Written By: Brian06 on 02/15/07 at 6:51 pm

As Jeff said the moderators/admins can lock any thread on the board, also any member can lock their OWN threads. It means that the thread can no longer be replied to.

Written By: whistledog on 02/15/07 at 7:02 pm

I see your "rate these bands/artists" thread is locked.  Perhaps you accidentally clicked the lock topic link by mistake?

Written By: dance4fun on 02/16/07 at 12:50 am

I see your "rate these bands/artists" thread is locked.  Perhaps you accidentally clicked the lock topic link by mistake?

If I did how would I fix that?  might explain why nobody has posted to that thread

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/16/07 at 12:51 am

If I did how would I fix that?  might explain why nobody has posted to that thread

You scroll down to where it says "moderator options" and I believe there is a choice for unlocking it.

Written By: dance4fun on 02/16/07 at 12:57 am

You scroll down to where it says "moderator options" and I believe there is a choice for unlocking it.

Hi and thanks for the info, but I'd seen the lock symbol like that on other threads that I had but their still able to  reply to those.  How come I dont see it on any other threads, did I violate a rule or something?  Geez I hope not

Written By: Tam on 02/16/07 at 12:59 am

Hi and thanks for the info, but I'd seen the lock symbol like that on other threads that I had but their still able to  reply to those.  How come I dont see it on any other threads, did I violate a rule or something?  Geez I hope not

You haven't at all.
Somehow you have managed to lock the thread like the others have said.
I can unlock it if you like.....

Written By: dance4fun on 02/16/07 at 1:02 am

You haven't at all.
Somehow you have managed to lock the thread like the others have said.
I can unlock it if you like.....

How did I lock it too begin with ?  I must really be a dunce

Written By: Tam on 02/16/07 at 1:05 am

You aren't dunce!
When you create a new thread, or any thread you are posting in that you started, you have the control of the page. At the bottom where you clicked "unlock topic" it should now say "Lock Topic". You just might have accidentally clicked lock topic after you posted it and went back to look at it.

I can assure you though that it was NOT a mod who locked it. ;)

karma +1!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/16/07 at 1:06 am

When you're in the forum, and you see a thread you've started......all the way at the end, do you see a lock?  If you do, you have those icons enabled and you might have clicked on it accidentally not knowing that it would lock the thread.  No biggie. 

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/16/07 at 1:06 am

I can assure you though that it was a mod who locked it. ;)

karma +1!

Whoa there, Tam.....you might want to insert a NOT in there.  ;D

Written By: Tam on 02/16/07 at 1:08 am

Whoa there, Tam.....you might want to insert a NOT in there.  ;D

Mahahaha!! ;D ;D
Oops! My Bad!
Good looking out! 8)

Written By: dance4fun on 02/16/07 at 1:26 am

thanks to everybody you have been help on this

Check for new replies or respond here...