inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What happened to the stars?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/20/07 at 7:54 pm

I've noticed underneath people's user names, instead of the stars that indicate what your rank is.....it's those little yellow AIM men.  Maybe it's just my computer, but I've restarted my browser a couple of times now and they're still there. 

Subject: Re: What happened to the stars?

Written By: Tam on 02/20/07 at 8:19 pm

I've noticed underneath people's user names, instead of the stars that indicate what your rank is.....it's those little yellow AIM men.  Maybe it's just my computer, but I've restarted my browser a couple of times now and they're still there. 

Girl, I think it is aol doing it to you.
I see the yellow stars... ???

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/20/07 at 8:19 pm

I see stars on your profile.

Written By: Brian06 on 02/20/07 at 8:20 pm

I see the normal stars here.  ???

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/20/07 at 8:38 pm

Girl, I think it is aol doing it to you.
I see the yellow stars... ???

See, I don't use AOL as a browser, I only have Firefox.  And the only users who have stars under their names are moderators or site editors.  Everyone else has those little AIM men.  It's annoying.  >:(

Written By: Brian06 on 02/20/07 at 8:40 pm

See, I don't use AOL as a browser, I only have Firefox.  And the only users who have stars under their names are moderators or site editors.  Everyone else has those little AIM men.  It's annoying.  >:(

Clear your browser cache.

Written By: Tam on 02/20/07 at 8:43 pm

Did you recently install the newer version of aim?
I dunno what to tell ya girl, try the cache like Brian says, and if that doesn't work try the cookies.
If all else fails, the only other thing I do is clean out my java cache. Not that the site runs on java but I do it just to be sure! ;)

Written By: whistledog on 02/20/07 at 9:23 pm

Could you take a screen shot?  I am interested to see what it looks like

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/20/07 at 9:54 pm

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7628/profilegk5.jpg

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/20/07 at 9:55 pm

However, this only happens on my laptop.  I'm on my desktop now, and everything is as it should be.  Very strange.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/20/07 at 10:26 pm

However, this only happens on my laptop.  I'm on my desktop now, and everything is as it should be.  Very strange.

Whoa. At school, NONE of the pictures from this site load. None of the icons or emoticons, or anything. Just pics from other sources.

Written By: whistledog on 02/21/07 at 2:16 am

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7628/profilegk5.jpg

That's actually kinda cool.  The AIM guys look better than the stars

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/21/07 at 6:40 am

Whoa. At school, NONE of the pictures from this site load. None of the icons or emoticons, or anything. Just pics from other sources.

I found people linking to images from the site, so I put in something to block it.  It may be preventing you from seeing the images if the browser has ultra-high security on for some reason, and doesn't send what is called a "referrer tag" when requesting the images.

the little AOL men in place of stars.... that's a new one for me.  I use Firefox at home and work and don't see that.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/21/07 at 8:37 am

I see the starts as well.....they look a little different (more 3-Dish?) but they're still stars ???  I don't have AIM installed at all on my laptop, though, so maybe that's it ???

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/21/07 at 6:07 pm

I found people linking to images from the site, so I put in something to block it.  It may be preventing you from seeing the images if the browser has ultra-high security on for some reason, and doesn't send what is called a "referrer tag" when requesting the images.

the little AOL men in place of stars.... that's a new one for me.  I use Firefox at home and work and don't see that.

Ah, yes. Our school blocks, like... EVERY site, so that must be it.

Written By: Marian on 03/23/07 at 11:21 am

I have stars.What do the little AIM men look like?

Written By: adagio on 03/28/07 at 9:01 am

See, I don't use AOL as a browser, I only have Firefox.  And the only users who have stars under their names are moderators or site editors.  Everyone else has those little AIM men.  It's annoying. 

That would be annoying.  However, I have AOL, AIM and firefox too and I see stars for everyone.  It might be one of those glitches that clear themselves up after a few days, if not, start clearing cache, etc.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/28/07 at 9:57 am

this is a really, really old post.  I'm pretty sure the problem is fixed for the person who had it now

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/28/07 at 3:32 pm

this is a really, really old post.  I'm pretty sure the problem is fixed for the person who had it now

It is.  I'll lock it now.

Check for new replies or respond here...