inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What does this mean?

Written By: loki 13 on 04/14/07 at 6:10 pm

when trying to access the arcade I recieved this message.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.inthe00s.com Port 80

I've been in and out of the arcade all day, what does this message mean and why now?

Subject: Re: What does this mean?

Written By: loki 13 on 04/14/07 at 6:51 pm

OK, now I'm really baffled. I was able to access the arcade but when I tried to sumit I recieved
the same forbidden message. What gives?  ???

Written By: wildcard on 04/14/07 at 8:50 pm

OK, now I'm really baffled. I was able to access the arcade but when I tried to sumit I recieved
the same forbidden message. What gives?  ???

I got that earlier today too. 

Written By: whistledog on 04/14/07 at 10:01 pm

I get those messages quite often as of late.  It could be some kind of error still in existance from when the boards went down?

Written By: Tam on 04/14/07 at 10:41 pm

The arcade is producing pages upon pages of errors lately.
I have also gotten that message, as well as when trying to access the boards themselves.

I am thinking it has to do with the site crashing and such, and I am sure Chucky will get it fixed as soon as he can.
Thanks for having the patience to wait it out guys! ;)

Tam

Written By: loki 13 on 04/15/07 at 1:17 pm

Not that I'm glad it's happening, but I am glad to know it's not just me!

Written By: wildcard on 04/16/07 at 12:04 pm

Last night some time between 9 and 10 I saw a message that said hacking attempted.  I was in the arcade waiting for a page to load.  Could one of the newer games allowed someone to get some info to cause problems?

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/16/07 at 12:44 pm

I talked with my hosting company and the rules for the server have been changed, so hopefully as of the time of this message, you shouldn't see these errors any more.  if you do, let me know.

Written By: whistledog on 04/16/07 at 11:15 pm

I just got the Forbidden error.  I had a high score in the arcade too >:( :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 04/17/07 at 2:36 am

I don't seem to get the error when I use Firefox, but (and i am sure I am not the only one who feels this way) Firefox sucks, and I only use it when I have to, which isn't often.  lol

Written By: whistledog on 04/18/07 at 5:43 pm

I don't seem to get the error when I use Firefox, but (and i am sure I am not the only one who feels this way) Firefox sucks, and I only use it when I have to, which isn't often.  lol

I now get the error with Firefox as well :\'(

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/18/07 at 8:25 pm

I'm having a hard time showing this problem in action to my hosting company, I need a way to duplicate this error on a regular basis

Written By: Tam on 04/18/07 at 11:01 pm

Well I just got it about 10 times in a row!
So I cleaned my cache and TIF and I still got it!
>:(

Written By: loki 13 on 04/20/07 at 8:32 pm

the forbidden warning is back. It took me 10 minutes to finally get back on.  >:(

Written By: loki 13 on 04/26/07 at 4:54 pm

This forbidden warning is really starting to annoy me. It seems to appear the most when I try to switch
games in the arcade. It's getting to be 4 or 5 times a night and up to 10 minutes at a time to get rid of it.  >:(

Written By: whistledog on 04/26/07 at 5:16 pm

Lately, I only use Firefox when I go to the arcade, cause the forbidden warning doesn't seem to appear like it does with IE.  If I get a high score in a game, submit it, and get the forbidden warning, dang I wanna put my fist through glass

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/27/07 at 8:17 am

my hosting provider refuses to believe that people are encountering this issue.  I keep getting a response of "well, *I* don't see the problem, so I can't fix it".  I think I'm going to move the sites to another hosting company.  This is pretty much the final straw for me.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/27/07 at 11:17 am

I just tried a small change on inthe00s, let me know if it solves anything

Written By: loki 13 on 04/29/07 at 9:14 am

I just tried a small change on inthe00s, let me know if it solves anything

I still encounter the forbidden waring just not as often. I can search the entire site without fail but
when I enter the arcade it's a crap shoot if the warning will appear.

Lately, I only use Firefox when I go to the arcade, cause the forbidden warning doesn't seem to appear like it does with IE.  If I get a high score in a game, submit it, and get the forbidden warning, dang I wanna put my fist through glass

Jason, what is firefox and how does one go about obtaining it?

Written By: Tam on 04/29/07 at 1:08 pm

I still encounter the forbidden waring just not as often. I can search the entire site without fail but
when I enter the arcade it's a crap shoot if the warning will appear.

Jason, what is firefox and how does one go about obtaining it?

I haven't gotten the error for a bit now, but since I said that I probably will! ;D

Firefox is another brower used to access the interent.
You can go here http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ to get it.
I used to have it but got tired of it not connecting to the internet so I got rid of it. But if it works for Jason then I say go ahead and try it. It comes with an uninstall feature so if you don't like it you can get rid of it too. 8)

Written By: loki 13 on 04/29/07 at 1:16 pm

I haven't gotten the error for a bit now, but since I said that I probably will! ;D

Firefox is another brower used to access the interent.
You can go here http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ to get it.
I used to have it but got tired of it not connecting to the internet so I got rid of it. But if it works for Jason then I say go ahead and try it. It comes with an uninstall feature so if you don't like it you can get rid of it too. 8)

Thanks Tam, I don't know if I will install firefox or not. I'll have to think about it.  ???

Check for new replies or respond here...