inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A real simple question (if this is the right place to ask it)

Written By: jakazz30 on 05/22/07 at 5:14 am

I have been referring to this sight on occasion for quite some time, but I do have this question....I don't quite understand how some items really fit into the threads they are in. While reminiscing about a product is great shouldn't there be some accuracy?
As an example in the 80's food area someone added Crush soda. I know that Crush has been around since the early 1900's and has had 15 or 16 different flavors. (the poster said 3)
Or is a timeline for products not really that important?
Just curious.
(oh and I finally decided that I should join this site so I can actually contribute, I think it should be fun)

Subject: Re: A real simple question (if this is the right place to ask it)

Written By: karen on 05/22/07 at 5:37 am

Sometimes when people are reminiscing they talk about their own personal experiences.  So (taking your example) they were drinking Crush in the 80's so they talk about it in that board.  It would only irk me if that topic was 'drinks that started in the eighties' otherwise I would usually let it pass.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/22/07 at 7:13 am

I have been referring to this sight on occasion for quite some time, but I do have this question....I don't quite understand how some items really fit into the threads they are in. While reminiscing about a product is great shouldn't there be some accuracy?
As an example in the 80's food area someone added Crush soda. I know that Crush has been around since the early 1900's and has had 15 or 16 different flavors. (the poster said 3)
Or is a timeline for products not really that important?
Just curious.
(oh and I finally decided that I should join this site so I can actually contribute, I think it should be fun)

On the 80s site, a lot of stuff has been approved that probably shouldn't have been.  Generally I want only items that were popular during the decade, but that doesn't mean it had to begin/end in the decade. 

Written By: jakazz30 on 05/22/07 at 8:52 am

Thanks for the speedy replies. I was just curious because I grew up with a mother who owned an antique shop so there are a fair amount of items, signs, etc. that I saw that seemed to predate the different decades. I assumed that it was just a "when it was popular to me or most people" subject, but I thought I would ask.   

Check for new replies or respond here...