inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New server - NO notifications?

Written By: Tam on 06/19/07 at 10:49 am

Since the server move everything has been much better... all except one thing:

thereshegoes has informed me that she hasn't been receiving her email notifications at all.
So I looked into mine and I haven't gotten a single email notification since the move either.

I can't remember if it took it the server a bit after the last move to start sending out the notifications or not.
Any ideas Chucky?

Subject: Re: New server - NO notifications?

Written By: thereshegoes on 06/19/07 at 10:53 am

Yeah Chucky,what gives? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/07 at 10:58 am

Now you mention it, my e mail notifications have gone down, and it did not click until now.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/19/07 at 11:01 am

Since the server move everything has been much better... all except one thing:

thereshegoes has informed me that she hasn't been receiving her email notifications at all.
So I looked into mine and I haven't gotten a single email notification since the move either.

I can't remember if it took it the server a bit after the last move to start sending out the notifications or not.
Any ideas Chucky?

ahhh... an email issue.  I probably need to set up an account or something.  I will look into it tonight when I get home.

Written By: wildcard on 06/19/07 at 11:44 am

I just got a game notification so that seems to work

Written By: whistledog on 06/19/07 at 1:04 pm

The arcade notifications still work.  I know; I've lost two scores since last night :\'( lol

Written By: Tam on 06/19/07 at 1:04 pm

The notifications that aren't being sent are EMAIL ones.
Everything else is working beautifully!

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/19/07 at 8:41 pm

The notifications that aren't being sent are EMAIL ones.
Everything else is working beautifully!

They should work now.  Took a bit of messing around, but I got it to work eventually.

Written By: Tam on 06/19/07 at 9:02 pm

And I just tested by sending myself a pm and it worked!
You are absolutely brilliant Chucky!

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/19/07 at 9:07 pm

And I just tested by sending myself a pm and it worked!
You are absolutely brilliant Chucky!

awww... shucks

I also fixed the smileys today too.  Some of them weren't animated.  You have to hold the shift button while clicking refresh to reload them in order to see the difference though.  Angry, lipsrsealed, rolleyes, sad, smiley, and wink weren't moving theirs at all.

I'm so happy with the new server.  Everything just works.  I've only submitted one support ticket, and that was due to someone's website getting too many invalid passwords (a friend hosts a site on it).  It's not like the old hosting company where nothing was configured properly and everything needed a support ticket for even the most basic functions.  I think this new one is going to spoil me.

Written By: Tam on 06/19/07 at 9:15 pm

awww... shucks

I also fixed the smileys today too.  Some of them weren't animated.  You have to hold the shift button while clicking refresh to reload them in order to see the difference though.  Angry, lipsrsealed, rolleyes, sad, smiley, and wink weren't moving theirs at all.

I'm so happy with the new server.  Everything just works.  I've only submitted one support ticket, and that was due to someone's website getting too many invalid passwords (a friend hosts a site on it).  It's not like the old hosting company where nothing was configured properly and everything needed a support ticket for even the most basic functions.  I think this new one is going to spoil me.

It's about time you got some spoiling too! You've been at this long enough!
As soon as my 24 hours are up, I'll hit you with another Karma!

Thanks again Chucky!

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/23/07 at 8:06 am

I also fixed the smileys today too.  Some of them weren't animated. 

Hi Chuck

I think "shocked" is still stuffed.  It looks more like "plastered after a hard night out" at the moment  ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/23/07 at 8:09 am

Hi Chuck

I think "shocked" is still stuffed.  It looks more like "plastered after a hard night out" at the moment  ;)

I didn't touch shocked... still looks the same to me, like someone stepped on his tail or something.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/23/07 at 8:13 am

I didn't touch shocked... still looks the same to me, like someone stepped on his tail or something.

Shocked used to be animated though !  His eyes used to go really BIG !

At the moment I just see a static image.  The others are working though.

I captured what it permanently looks like, (though I have enlarged it and it now looks like a space invader) :

Written By: mandamoo on 06/23/07 at 8:40 am

I captured what it permanently looks like, (though I have enlarged it and it now looks like a space invader) :

He looks sozzled  :D

Mine's working - so it can't be anything to do with the southern hemisphere  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/07 at 8:46 am

Mine is working, I think, I have just ticked "Notify me of replies" to make sure.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/23/07 at 8:47 am

He looks sozzled  :D

Mine's working - so it can't be anything to do with the southern hemisphere  ???

I tried logging out and in again, that didn't work either !

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/07 at 8:50 am

I tried logging out and in again, that didn't work either !
After checking my e-mail account for new messages the notification is there, so it is working.

Thanks and Karma to you.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/23/07 at 8:51 am

After checking my e-mail account for new messages the notification is there, so it is working.

Thanks and Karma to you.

You're welcome Phillip.  :)

Are we talking about the same thing ?  ??? :P

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/23/07 at 8:52 am

it must be cached, and didn't download all the way when it did or something.  Try right clicking on it, select View Image and then when you see him on the new screen all by himself hit refresh.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/07 at 8:53 am

You're welcome Phillip.  :)

Are we talking about the same thing ?  ??? :P
I am not sure now.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/23/07 at 8:56 am

it must be cached, and didn't download all the way when it did or something.  Try right clicking on it, select View Image and then when you see him on the new screen all by himself hit refresh.

You must have scared it  ;D  When I clicked on reply to this message, I was all ready to right click the crap out of that little sucker, and he gave me the shocked face straight away  ;D ;D

Thanks for your help  :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/23/07 at 3:02 pm

You must have scared it  ;D  When I clicked on reply to this message, I was all ready to right click the crap out of that little sucker, and he gave me the shocked face straight away  ;D ;D

Thanks for your help  :)

I do seem to have that effect on computers. It's because I work on them.  Something will be malfunctioning, someone will ask me to look, it clears up before I get there.  My father used to experience the same thing with cars.  Customer would come into the garage complaining of something, and try as you might, no luck, won't do it again.

Written By: thereshegoes on 07/26/07 at 5:15 pm

This is happening again,i'm not getting any e-mail notifications :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/07 at 6:27 am

This is happening again,i'm not getting any e-mail notifications :-\\
You are right, I am not getting notifications as well.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/29/07 at 10:19 pm

You are right, I am not getting notifications as well.

it appears something is broken with the new email filtering.  I'll have to read up on it.  Might take a few days.

Check for new replies or respond here...