inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: avatar problem

Written By: rock and rye on 06/28/07 at 8:18 am

i cant get the avatar feature to work. when i hit save on my profile it says the image is too large(but its a small image) or it is 'not an avatar'

what does this mean?

Subject: Re: avatar problem

Written By: karen on 06/28/07 at 8:27 am

I think it depends on where you are getting your avatar from.  The easiest is to upload it from your hard drive. 

The image can only be 100 x 100 pixels in size and about 530kb file size.

Written By: Dylan Baranski on 09/18/07 at 10:12 am

I have a problem with my avatar too. The picture won't display. What's up with that?  ???

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/18/07 at 10:20 am

I have a problem with my avatar too. The picture won't display. What's up with that?  ???

Some websites won't allow you to link directly to the image on their webserver.

You can right click on an image and save it to your computer, and then use the upload feature if you want.

Written By: whistledog on 09/18/07 at 10:31 am

I might know the solution to this, only because I was playing around with avatar sizes yesterday LOL

On some forums, if you link an avatar that is larger than the standard size (here it is 100x100), it will appear as a full size image, sometimes screwing up the look of the forum in the process.  Because of that, some forums use codes to disable the glitch, which means if you link an avatar larger than the standard avatar size, it won't let you

However, there is something that confuses me.  Tetratron was able to do it.  I wanna know how? LOL

If you upload an avatar direct, it will automatically resize to fit.  However, if you are using an animated avatar, it will resize, but it won't animate.  Animated avatars have to be actually at 100x100 or less in order to appear properly

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/18/07 at 10:53 am

On some forums, if you link an avatar that is larger than the standard size (here it is 100x100), it will appear as a full size image, sometimes screwing up the look of the forum in the process.  Because of that, some forums use codes to disable the glitch, which means if you link an avatar larger than the standard avatar size, it won't let you

However, there is something that confuses me.  Tetratron was able to do it.  I wanna know how? LOL

it's not just the dimensions, but the file size too.  I believe it's around 100K.  So it won't try resizing a remotely linked 4 meg picture off of someone's camera.

Written By: Dylan Baranski on 09/23/07 at 12:05 pm

OK, let's see if I got it right this time...

Check for new replies or respond here...