inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Phantom guest posts!

Written By: Green Lantern on 09/07/07 at 8:50 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=21140.msg1378156#msg1378156

Hi Chucky ...

and maybe you can view the posts in moving it in Mc Hammers Pants ... that were discussed between Nallly and Mr. Eno in the last couple of days...

from about here-on in ....

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=21140.msg1376837#msg1376837

I notice at the time of posting this thread .. you are currently online ... hence my impetus for this post..

I too am curious about guest posts in the 'Dennis Weaver' thread . .. (McCloud) ... somebody who died a year or so back ... yet we have a guest post day after day ... that never materialises as a post! What is going on??  ??? ???

I've looked at that thread for several days ... somebody is supposedly posting to that thread ... day after day ... yet it never changes!

???

Subject: Re: Phantom guest posts!

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/07/07 at 9:16 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=21140.msg1378156#msg1378156

Hi Chucky ...

and maybe you can view the posts in moving it in Mc Hammers Pants ... that were discussed between Nallly and Mr. Eno in the last couple of days...

from about here-on in ....

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=21140.msg1376837#msg1376837

I notice at the time of posting this thread .. you are currently online ... hence my impetus for this post..

I too am curious about guest posts in the 'Dennis Weaver' thread . .. (McCloud) ... somebody who died a year or so back ... yet we have a guest post day after day ... that never materialises as a post! What is going on??  ??? ???

I've looked at that thread for several days ... somebody is supposedly posting to that thread ... day after day ... yet it never changes!

???

First, you don't have to wait until I'm online to ask me a question

Secondly... these ghost posters, are probably search engine robots.  I've put up rules that prohibit robots, but some robots seems to ignore them.

Written By: Green Lantern on 09/07/07 at 9:18 am

First, you don't have to wait until I'm online to ask me a question

Secondly... these ghost posters, are probably search engine robots.  I've put up rules that prohibit robots, but some robots seems to ignore them.

Fair enough .. and I'm impressed by your response time. However .. why do you reckon that Dennis Weaver thread is being hit on so consistently ... it is uncanny ... I reckon!

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/07/07 at 9:41 am

Fair enough .. and I'm impressed by your response time. However .. why do you reckon that Dennis Weaver thread is being hit on so consistently ... it is uncanny ... I reckon!

could be anything, keywords that appeal to the search engines are present in that page I guess.

Written By: Green Lantern on 09/07/07 at 9:45 am

Well, and thanks ...

but if YOU don't know for certain ....

well .... I totally give up!

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/07/07 at 10:01 am

Well, and thanks ...

but if YOU don't know for certain ....

well .... I totally give up!

well I changed the way the who's online function works, so it now lists what browser or which search engine is hitting the site.  I also tweaked the disallowed file, since it appeared to have some mistakes which may be why some smaller search engines were still hitting the site.

Written By: Green Lantern on 09/07/07 at 10:21 am

Thanks again...  8)

uhm ... clear ... 'clear as mud!'  :-[

(Well, I am related to Forrest!) ...  :D

Written By: Marian on 09/13/07 at 2:53 pm

Thanks again...  8)

uhm ... clear ... 'clear as mud!'   :-[

(Well, I am related to Forrest!) ...   :D
LOL :D

Check for new replies or respond here...