inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Photo Upload

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 03/01/08 at 2:42 pm

Is anyone else having trouble uploading a personal photo?

Subject: Re: Photo Upload

Written By: danootaandme on 03/02/08 at 5:42 am

Sometimes you have to resize a photo that is too large.  I don't know how to do it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/08 at 7:36 am

Sometimes you have to resize a photo that is too large.  I don't know how to do it.
On edit I reduce the size of the required image.

Written By: nally on 03/05/08 at 11:31 pm

In such cases I've tried cropping the photo until the size diminishes to <192 KB's, using a photo editor such as MS Paint or MS Photo Editor.
I've also tried shrinking the photo until the size is less than the maximum amount allowed for attachments, using an editor such as the ones mentioned above.

If I haven't wanted to do either of the above, I've just uploaded one to a free site such as imageshack.us; once you upload a photo there, it is given a URL which you can save.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/08 at 1:53 am

I have found that when I save the picture in my signature to the computer and then up load when I wish to use it, the image is always underneath the maximum amount and is uploaded straightaway.

Written By: adagio on 04/02/08 at 11:59 pm

There are free online image editors, such as http://www.online-image-editor.com/index.cfm. I hsve that and another

Subject: me back in the day

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/23/08 at 10:48 pm

me back in the day 1974

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/23/08 at 10:51 pm

Thanks everybody I did it.. yeah

Written By: Marian on 02/22/09 at 5:03 pm

I have found that when I save the picture in my signature to the computer and then up load when I wish to use it, the image is always underneath the maximum amount and is uploaded straightaway.
how do you get them into your sig line rahter than your avatar?

Written By: Red Ant on 02/22/09 at 5:26 pm

how do you get them into your sig line rahter than your avatar?

It's been a while since I did it, but the photo has to be on a site (not on your hard drive), then copy the image's URL and use the IMG tags to display it.

signature banned as well

Written By: wildcard on 02/22/09 at 6:09 pm

I use photobucket when I do mine. Copy the img code and paste it in you sig box in your settings.  The max hight for pictures is 160

Check for new replies or respond here...