inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: InThe00s Bug Watch - report issues in this thread please

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/03/08 at 10:58 am

Just so I don't miss issues, please respond in this thread if you'd like something fixed.

Subject: Re: InThe00s Bug Watch - report issues in this thread please

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/03/08 at 10:58 am

So far I know the alternate themes don't have flash chat links.  I will fix this.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/03/08 at 11:18 am

So far I know the alternate themes don't have flash chat links.  I will fix this.

and now it's done.  wow, I forgot how much I dislike the other themes.

Written By: whistledog on 06/03/08 at 8:15 pm

and now it's done.  wow, I forgot how much I dislike the other themes.

I am using that blue and purple theme, and I don't see a link for flashchat

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/03/08 at 8:19 pm

I am using that blue and purple theme, and I don't see a link for flashchat

Should say something like There is Currently 1 user in flashchat in the upper right corner

Written By: whistledog on 06/03/08 at 11:41 pm

Should say something like There is Currently 1 user in flashchat in the upper right corner

LOL I didn't even notice that.  I was looking for a link where the Profile, Rules, KarmaLog, etc links are

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/08/08 at 8:57 pm

Just so I don't miss issues, please respond in this thread if you'd like something fixed.

Yes Chucky .... I do believe I've found a couple of bugs. These seriously, need to be sorted out ?

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/618/ladybugvr7.gif

'Ladybug' !  ::)    :o

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/9339/antjpgcb8.gif

'Red Ant' !    :o :o

:-X

:P

:D

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/02/08 at 10:32 am

Hi Chucky. Well ... I know on some OTHER site ..........uhm ........... there's some sort of bug to do with the smileys ........

but now ... it appears one has surfaced on THIS site. I'm suspecting you've recently applied some patch / mod ?

'Mr. Cool'  ... the sunglasses smiley ... ->  8)

Well, I've seen him appear frequently today in MY posts ... unwanted ... often immediately adjacent to the desired smiley. Thought maybe it was a trojan on my  machine .......... but now I've also spotted it in a number of other peoples posts.

Let's see if it appears now. I'll try each of the smileys, from left to right ....

:)

;)
;D
>:(
:(
:o
8)
???
::)
:-[
:-X
:-\\
:-*
:\'(
8-P

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/02/08 at 10:33 am

Yeah ... well that would be about right ... no problema THIS time (drat).

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/02/08 at 10:37 am

How bizzare though .......... I've just noticed an old post in this thread .... ^ June 09 ........ there's the symptom I'm talking about .... he's adjacent to the other smiley, in TWO cases (just after 'Ladybug' ) . I very much doubt I did it like that at the time. Is something percolating through the system ?  ???  :-\\

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/02/08 at 10:38 am

Hey ... it's appeared in the above post now ^  .... I definitely did NOT put that sunglassed smiley there !

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/02/08 at 3:11 pm

Hey ... it's appeared in the above post now ^  .... I definitely did NOT put that sunglassed smiley there !

??? :-\\

it's done with javascript.  so it's most likely your browser, maybe some kind of ad blocking software?

Written By: Tam on 10/02/08 at 6:19 pm

??? :-\\

it's done with javascript.  so it's most likely your browser, maybe some kind of ad blocking software?

It's a filter.
It was added to try and clean up the A' things or whatever. From when the programming changed and the new didn't like double spaces....

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/04/08 at 11:34 pm

looks like the bug has got me now, right on the song lyrics inder my avatar 8)>:(

and it added the cool sunglass smiley to the mad smiley I used

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/05/08 at 12:59 am

looks like the bug has got me now, right on the song lyrics inder my avatar 8)>:(

Yeah ... Chucky ... is this filter REALLY necessary ...

I suspect it's only recently been added ? I don't understand what GOOD it does .... but ... as someone who uses smilies FREQUENTLY ... I'm finding it a complete pain. It does NOT appear in preview mode ... so, only after I've submitted my post, do I see it. Been back afterwards, and edited them out ... but ... (the pain, the pain ! ). It mucks up my intent ( and others too, I suspect ! )

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/05/08 at 5:58 am

Yeah ... Chucky ... is this filter REALLY necessary ...

I suspect it's only recently been added ? I don't understand what GOOD it does .... but ... as someone who uses smilies FREQUENTLY ... I'm finding it a complete pain. It does NOT appear in preview mode ... so, only after I've submitted my post, do I see it. Been back afterwards, and edited them out ... but ... (the pain, the pain ! ). It mucks up my intent ( and others too, I suspect ! )

I just checked, it's not a filter. 

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/05/08 at 6:05 am

I just checked, it's not a filter. 

I've only noticed it in the last week or two ... something must have changed !

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/05/08 at 9:28 am

I noticed this ....  8)>:(    in your above post ^  Mike. I'll bet you didn't deliberately insert that smiley to the left ... which is exactly the sort of pain I'm talking about.  Seen it in plenty of others posts. Going on the theory, that it's browser related ... well, what browser do you use ? I recently upgraded to Firefox 3. I doubt that's it though ...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/05/08 at 1:24 pm

I noticed this ....  8)>:(    in your above post ^  Mike. I'll bet you didn't deliberately insert that smiley to the left ... which is exactly the sort of pain I'm talking about.  Seen it in plenty of others posts. Going on the theory, that it's browser related ... well, what browser do you use ? I recently upgraded to Firefox 3. I doubt that's it though ...
I noticed it too. it's happened on a few other posts as well. it's a bit annoying, but the one under my avatar needs to be corrected.

Written By: Tam on 10/05/08 at 6:04 pm

I just went through the filter as well and it isn't showing up although I know it was there last week.
So I went and fixed it I think
Here - I will try it

I am attempting to see if the cool guy shows up right here    as I just put in a couple more spaces then need be

Looks like it might be fixed

Tam 8)
      ^ intentional! ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/06/08 at 12:06 am

I just went through the filter as well and it isn't showing up although I know it was there last week.
So I went and fixed it I think
Here - I will try it

I am attempting to see if the cool guy shows up right here    as I just put in a couple more spaces then need be

Looks like it might be fixed

Tam 8)
       ^ intentional! ;)
by jove, I think she got it  :)  thanks Tam

Written By: Tam on 10/06/08 at 12:28 am

by jove, I think she got it  :)   thanks Tam

My pleasure! ;)

Thing is, I double checked and like Chucky said the filter for the double space to add the smiley wasn't in the filter list, however, I did add it ???
So I just went back and re-entered it as a double space and so it appears that it fixed it - but that filter doesn't show up either.
Bizarre

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/06/08 at 12:38 am

My pleasure! ;)

Thing is, I double checked and like Chucky said the filter for the double space to add the smiley wasn't in the filter list, however, I did add it ???
So I just went back and re-entered it as a double space and so it appears that it fixed it - but that filter doesn't show up either.
Bizarre
I appreciate it and please allow me to give you some karma for the effort

Written By: Tam on 10/06/08 at 12:56 am

I appreciate it and please allow me to give you some karma for the effort

Thanks Darlin'

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

I'll getcha as soon as I am allowed too! ;)

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/06/08 at 8:54 pm

by jove, I think she got it  :)   thanks Tam

Hey, it does indeed seem to have been resolved. Haven't seen one of those pesky double smilies (Mr. Cool to the left) in last 24 hours, or so .

8):)    8)

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/06/08 at 8:56 pm

Hey what's THAT ^ ?     8)???    8)>:(

Has it just returned ?    8)???    8)>:(

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/06/08 at 8:58 pm

NO ! NO ! No!  >:(

I put them there MYSELF !

8)

;D

Written By: Blair on 11/09/08 at 9:31 pm

The submission form for commercials still doesn't work.

Written By: karen on 11/10/08 at 7:41 am

The submission form for commercials still doesn't work.

Is that on AmIRight?  You need to report problems in the AmIRIght thread here though with a bit of luck Chucky will spot your message in this thread.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/11/08 at 12:42 am

http://www.bestanimations.com/Animals/Insects/Ant-02-june.gifhttp://www.bestanimations.com/Animals/Insects/Dragonfly-01-june.gifhttp://www.bestanimations.com/Animals/Insects/Ant-01-june.gifhttp://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/ozone-layer-2.jpg

Written By: Tam on 11/11/08 at 9:04 pm

Here ya go Chucky!

I received a private message, the little icon flashing told me so.
I went and checked my messages.  Done and done.
Went to check replies... new message icon still flashing.
I deleted my TIF's and cookies, did everything normally, restarted the browser and it is still flashing. (I even double checked to make sure I didn't have new messages.)
;)

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/04/08 at 6:29 pm

Odd !

How does THIS guy .... ( 'yucky' ) >    8-P      ESCAPE being 'santa-fied' ?        ???

I see that in THEORY .... he has been.

In practice .... he is the ONLY one ..... of the 'standard'  17 smilies .... NOT to have a 'santa' hat.

Well, I certainly don't see it.

Written By: Tam on 12/04/08 at 7:41 pm

Odd !

How does THIS guy .... ( 'yucky' ) >    8-P      ESCAPE being 'santa-fied' ?        ???

I see that in THEORY .... he has been.

In practice .... he is the ONLY one ..... of the 'standard'  17 smilies .... NOT to have a 'santa' hat.

Well, I certainly don't see it.

He was added to the full-time staff after Chucky did the mods for the regular, long-time staff! ;) ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/04/08 at 7:44 pm

He was added to the full-time staff after Chucky did the mods for the regular, long-time staff! ;) ;D

Which means he's untouchable !  Do I sense some bias here ? You shall NOT mess with 'yucky'  .....

Henceforth to be known as 'Chucky yucky'  (?)

Written By: Tam on 12/04/08 at 7:47 pm

^ Too funny!!! ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/15/08 at 9:16 pm

Hardly a major problem .... but ! ...

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/995/statsmrqd7.jpg

Look at the above. That 'blue bar graphs' in the 'most popular boards by posts' section ....

Hardly tallies with the corresponding figures to the right hand side (in the case of  'TTT' )

As for the 'Most popular boards by activity' ... that now appears to be TOTAL b.s. to me. TTT has only been around 5 minutes .... and even allowing for threads being moved .... I just can't see THAT being right.  I would expect PPP to be leading the charge .... by a LONG way.

Maybe the price of some recent movements / sub-board / board creations .... an unwanted 'side-effect' ?

Written By: Tam on 12/15/08 at 10:02 pm

^ Going to check out what mine look like right now.....

Written By: Tam on 12/15/08 at 10:08 pm

Ok - I figured it out.

What it basically is, is an individual post to thread count thing.
I don't know if this is going to make sense but let me try. I am sure if I can't then someone else (Like Karen or Chucky) will come make sense of the mess I am giong to leave. ;)

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/995/statsmrqd7.jpg

Look at the PPP.
You have 4988 posts in that board.
There are 4671 Topics in the board.
So basically, you have minimal posts for such a large area to be posting in.

Now, look at TTT.
You have 169 posts in that board.
There are only 27 topics in that board.
So your activity in the TTT far outweighs your activity in PPP, because of the lesser amount of topics.

I hope this has made sense. Unfortunately it made sense in my bizarre mind.  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/16/08 at 12:29 am

I get it now !

What it's saying .... which is more or less what you've just said (but  not quite) .... is that of the approx. 2633 REPLIES to that topic area ..... I have contributed 6.24 % of them (which comes out at 169 replies).

So ... in 'Say Cheese Photos' .... I have contributed 2.80 % of the total replies ... to that topic area.

Between us, we have 'cracked it'.

Btw ... when it comes to 'bizarre' ............ NOBODY'S in MY league !

:D                ;D

Written By: Leo K on 11/02/09 at 4:28 pm

I tried to login to InThe00s today, but got the message:  "You were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings. "
My IE8 settings have not changed in ages, and my cookies setting allows alll cookies.  I have never had a problem logging in (numerous times) since I registered.  What gives?  Is there something I need to do to correct this problem?

Leo Keough

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/02/09 at 4:29 pm

I tried to login to InThe00s today, but got the message:  "You were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings. "
My IE8 settings have not changed in ages, and my cookies setting allows alll cookies.  I have never had a problem logging in (numerous times) since I registered.  What gives?  Is there something I need to do to correct this problem?

Leo Keough

I haven't heard anyone else have a problem... maybe a firewall or anti-virus program?

Written By: Leo K on 11/02/09 at 4:37 pm

I haven't heard anyone else have a problem... maybe a firewall or anti-virus program?

Those haven't changed either.  I had no problem logging in a couple days ago when I voted on ABC5(T).

Leo Keough

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/02/09 at 7:00 pm

Those haven't changed either.  I had no problem logging in a couple days ago when I voted on ABC5(T).

Leo Keough

maybe try another browser?  not really sure what to suggest. I don't think I've touched anything involving cookies in a very long time

Written By: Tam on 11/02/09 at 9:14 pm

Leo Keough

Leo Keough

I have had this happen before. All I had to do was refresh the page and the cookies worked.
If that doesn't help, then go into your internet options, and set your level on security to low. Your antivirus and firewall software will still block anything it doesn't like so you don't have to worry about that. ;)

Written By: Leo K on 11/02/09 at 10:03 pm

I have had this happen before. All I had to do was refresh the page and the cookies worked.
If that doesn't help, then go into your internet options, and set your level on security to low. Your antivirus and firewall software will still block anything it doesn't like so you don't have to worry about that. ;)

Thanks for the suggestions.  But I tried both and neither helped.

Leo Keough

Written By: Tam on 11/02/09 at 10:06 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.  But I tried both and neither helped.

Leo Keough

Sorry Leo! Wish there was something more I could do to help!
The only other things I could find are these two links.

http://www.heapmedia.com/privacy/cookies/
http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35851

I don't know that they will do too much, but they both list for all types of browsers.
Good luck.

Written By: karen on 11/02/09 at 10:14 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=14097.0

someone suggests deleting all your cookies and then trying again.

Written By: Leo Keough on 11/02/09 at 11:09 pm

Sorry Leo! Wish there was something more I could do to help!
The only other things I could find are these two links.

http://www.heapmedia.com/privacy/cookies/
http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35851

I don't know that they will do too much, but they both list for all types of browsers.
Good luck.

I solved the problem!!!

What worked was clicking the box to stay logged on indefinitely.

Thanks again for the suggestions!!!

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 02/05/10 at 4:52 am

For some reason, my avatar picture is going all wonky. It did this a few week's back, so I eventually went to my user CP and added a new avatar, which worked. Now my new avatar is doing the same thing. Any suggestions? :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/05/10 at 6:34 am

For some reason, my avatar picture is going all wonky. It did this a few week's back, so I eventually went to my user CP and added a new avatar, which worked. Now my new avatar is doing the same thing. Any suggestions? :)

it's showing up fine for me.  my guess would be the copy in your cache of your browser is corrupted somehow.  You could hold the shift key while hitting refresh in your browser to force it to download a new copy.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 02/06/10 at 6:06 am

That did the trick... thanks, Chucky! :)

Written By: Blair on 07/10/10 at 7:28 pm

The commercial comment form still doesn't work.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/14/13 at 5:44 pm

Hey Chucky,

Don't know if this is a bug or not but almost every time I go to "Who's On Line," there are I don't know how many guest are all looking at the same thread-and they are all in the board games. When I first noticed it, I thought that was odd coincidence. But, it happens A LOT so I don't think it is a coincidence.

For instance:

Guest 05:42:06 PM Viewing the topic Are you a part of this Generation? (The XY CUSP).
Guest 05:42:02 PM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.
Guest 05:42:01 PM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.
Guest 05:41:59 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Online CatwomanofV 05:41:59 PM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.
Guest 05:41:50 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Guest 05:41:41 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.

Guest 05:41:29 PM Viewing the topic 80's songs with Saxophones.
Guest 05:41:16 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Guest 05:41:07 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Guest 05:40:58 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Guest 05:40:41 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Guest 05:40:31 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.

Guest 05:40:15 PM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.
Guest 05:40:14 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Guest 05:40:05 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.

Guest 05:39:51 PM Viewing a list of recent topics.
Guest 05:39:48 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Guest 05:39:39 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.

Guest 05:38:08 PM Viewing the topic Decade Photos - 1970's.
Guest 05:38:04 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Guest 05:37:19 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.

Online loki 13 05:37:14 PM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/14/13 at 7:27 pm

Hey Chucky,

Don't know if this is a bug or not but almost every time I go to "Who's On Line," there are I don't know how many guest are all looking at the same thread-and they are all in the board games. When I first noticed it, I thought that was odd coincidence. But, it happens A LOT so I don't think it is a coincidence.

For instance:

Guest 05:42:06 PM Viewing the topic Are you a part of this Generation? (The XY CUSP).
Guest 05:42:02 PM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.
Guest 05:42:01 PM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.
Guest 05:41:59 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Online CatwomanofV 05:41:59 PM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.
Guest 05:41:50 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Guest 05:41:41 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.

Guest 05:41:29 PM Viewing the topic 80's songs with Saxophones.
Guest 05:41:16 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Guest 05:41:07 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Guest 05:40:58 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Guest 05:40:41 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Guest 05:40:31 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.

Guest 05:40:15 PM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.
Guest 05:40:14 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Guest 05:40:05 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.

Guest 05:39:51 PM Viewing a list of recent topics.
Guest 05:39:48 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Guest 05:39:39 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.

Guest 05:38:08 PM Viewing the topic Decade Photos - 1970's.
Guest 05:38:04 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.
Guest 05:37:19 PM Viewing the topic Chain Of Songs cont'd.

Online loki 13 05:37:14 PM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.

Cat

It's a scumware site called BoardReader.  I block all search engines from the regular site (I only allow the static archive to be indexed).  They ignore robots.txt.  They come from multiple IP addresses as well.  Very spammy.  I added a specific line to the exclusion file that lists their site by name, if that doesn't cut down the requests tomorrow, I'll start blocking IP addresses entirely.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/15/13 at 10:02 am

It's a scumware site called BoardReader.  I block all search engines from the regular site (I only allow the static archive to be indexed).  They ignore robots.txt.  They come from multiple IP addresses as well.  Very spammy.  I added a specific line to the exclusion file that lists their site by name, if that doesn't cut down the requests tomorrow, I'll start blocking IP addresses entirely.

Thanks.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/16/13 at 2:10 am

For this morning (UK time)

Philip Eno 08:07:26 AM Viewing Who's Online.
Guest 08:07:10 AM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.
Online karen 08:07:07 AM Viewing their messages.
Guest 08:07:02 AM Viewing the board The 1990's.
Guest 08:06:56 AM Registering for an account on the forum.
Guest 08:06:47 AM Logging into the forum.
Guest 08:06:33 AM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.
Guest 08:06:05 AM Viewing the topic 1990s Dance Music.
Guest 08:06:01 AM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.
Guest 08:03:02 AM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.
Guest 08:02:45 AM Registering for an account on the forum.
Guest 08:02:40 AM Registering for an account on the forum.
Guest 08:02:08 AM Registering for an account on the forum.
Guest 08:01:57 AM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.

12 guests at the moment, with varied viewing. Are these the same?

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/16/13 at 9:02 am

For this morning (UK time)

12 guests at the moment, with varied viewing. Are these the same?

probably not. generally boardreader would view individual threads, not so much the index. I just checked the current guests list, and most were from all over.  Certainly wasn't following the same behavior.

Written By: karen on 09/08/16 at 11:31 am

Since updating my computer and switching to windows 10 I have not been able to use the buttons above the message box.

I can't use the smileys unless I manually type in the colons etc. Nor can I automatically bold/ underline youtube link

Is it you or is it me?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/13/16 at 6:04 am

Since updating my computer and switching to windows 10 I have not been able to use the buttons above the message box.

I can't use the smileys unless I manually type in the colons etc. Nor can I automatically bold/ underline youtube link

Is it you or is it me?

not sure, it sounds like javascript isn't working on your machine.  maybe try a different browser

Written By: Henk on 09/14/16 at 1:09 pm

Is it you or is it me?

It's not you. I've encountered the same problem.

The problem seems to have disappeared by now. I think an update (well, more like a complete overhaul) of W10 that I installed did the trick. FYI: the installation took about an hour to complete.

Written By: karen on 09/16/16 at 1:00 am

not sure, it sounds like javascript isn't working on your machine.  maybe try a different browser

You computer types always casually say use a different browser like its an easy thing to do.  If you're not computer literate beyond switching the thing on these things are baffling

Written By: karen on 09/16/16 at 1:07 am

It's not you. I've encountered the same problem.

The problem seems to have disappeared by now. I think an update (well, more like a complete overhaul) of W10 that I installed did the trick. FYI: the installation took about an hour to complete.

Doesn't it seem madness to have to update a new software so soon?

Written By: Henk on 09/16/16 at 1:57 am

You computer types always casually say use a different browser like its an easy thing to do.  If you're not computer literate beyond switching the thing on these things are baffling

I know the feeling. Even though I'm not completely computer illiterate, I have been hesitant to switch browsers for a long time. I'm hardly in a position to give you advice or tips on the matter.

Doesn't it seem madness to have to update a new software so soon?

I agree. I was baffled by the size of the update, too.

Written By: karen on 09/16/16 at 3:50 pm

I know the feeling. Even though I'm not completely computer illiterate, I have been hesitant to switch browsers for a long time. I'm hardly in a position to give you advice or tips on the matter.

I dropped a small hint to the computer bod at work in a jokey way.  I need to make it clearer that we need his help!

Just had some sort of update downloaded but smileys etc still not working

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/18/16 at 6:45 am

There's nothing to switch, you're just installing another program.  Chrome and Firefox are both pretty easy to install.  Sadly both Apple and Microsoft make really awful web browsers

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/19/16 at 6:41 pm

I use both Chrome & Firefox at the same time-in fact, I have both open right now. Most things I use Firefox but I do use Chrome for others. It is really easy.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/20/16 at 2:39 pm

I use both Chrome & Firefox at the same time-in fact, I have both open right now. Most things I use Firefox but I do use Chrome for others. It is really easy.

Cat

I just have Firefox.

Written By: Criz on 09/26/19 at 2:50 pm

Hi - I cannot seem to search. Just keep getting an error every time?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/19 at 2:56 pm

Hi - I cannot seem to search. Just keep getting an error every time?
Search here on the boards has been disable for a long time now.

I normally search usually Google with the "inthe00s" in the window with what you require in searching for.

Written By: Criz on 09/26/19 at 3:01 pm

Search here on the boards has been disable for a long time now.

I normally search usually Google with the "inthe00s" in the window with what you require in searching for.

Ok thanks - I've been MIA for a while so I just didn't know :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/28/19 at 8:23 am

Ok thanks - I've been MIA for a while so I just didn't know :)
Good to see you back!

I am glad to be a service for you!

Written By: nally on 11/23/20 at 4:58 pm

Lately it seems a lot of threads in certain sections are being marked as read for me when I haven't even clicked on them. This has been happening for the past couple days or so. (What I mean is, the "New" button doesn't appear next to their names in the index.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/20 at 6:24 am

Lately it seems a lot of threads in certain sections are being marked as read for me when I haven't even clicked on them. This has been happening for the past couple days or so. (What I mean is, the "New" button doesn't appear next to their names in the index.)
Just to say I have noticed this too and it is still happening.

Check for new replies or respond here...