inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Update a previous answer to a thread?

Written By: C. Luless on 01/04/09 at 4:17 pm

I just looked up how to attach photos to the end of my thread or even to my profile for that matter, and I read what someone very nicely explained it.  Two problems =
1.  I have NO clue and feel really dumb since she took a lot of careful time and patience to answer, and I'm STILL more confused and cluless (see why my name is...) since the "additonal options" give me nothin' unless I'm just REALLY a 'tard and might as well give up this website as I seem to be technically challenged already and it's only my 3rd day! :\'(

2.  The message said something about being older than 120 and to start a new thread.  Did I do the right thing here then?

As long as I'm asking questions...which was another question I had that I found the answer to here by accident  :-[  how far back would it be taboo to post a reply to a thread?  Like a month, 2, 12???  Just curious.

Thanks a bunch, again-
C. Luless

Subject: Re: Update a previous answer to a thread?

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/09 at 4:26 pm

I just looked up how to attach photos to the end of my thread or even to my profile for that matter, and I read what someone very nicely explained it.  Two problems =
1.  I have NO clue and feel really dumb since she took a lot of careful time and patience to answer, and I'm STILL more confused and cluless (see why my name is...) since the "additonal options" give me nothin' unless I'm just REALLY a 'tard and might as well give up this website as I seem to be technically challenged already and it's only my 3rd day! :\'(

2.  The message said something about being older than 120 and to start a new thread.  Did I do the right thing here then?

As long as I'm asking questions...which was another question I had that I found the answer to here by accident  :-[  how far back would it be taboo to post a reply to a thread?  Like a month, 2, 12???  Just curious.

Thanks a bunch, again-
C. Luless

if you click on additional options you will get a drop down list

you get a box you can click if you want to be notified via email of new replies to particular posts
click the box if you want to return to the topic after making your post
click the box if you don't want to use smileys

and then you should have a box labeled attach and if you click Browse that will allow you to attach something from your files...if you are unable to submit the post that means what you are trying to attach is too large.

Subject: Re: Update a previous answer to a thread?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/04/09 at 9:58 pm

yeah it's perfectly ok.  even if we didn't want the new thread, a mod would just merge it into the old one.  No one's going to get upset about it either way.

I can't remember if a new members are even allowed to attach photos until they hit a certain post count or not.  So you might not even be able to see the option to attach a picture yet.

Check for new replies or respond here...