inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Changing Avatar Help

Written By: Gis on 10/12/09 at 4:30 am

I tried to change mine to a Hhalloween one on saturday but it wouldn't let me.  :-\\

I checked the 'I will upload my own picture' box, browsed, found and opened the one I wanted. Clicked the save box at the bottom of the page and it just brought up the same page, back were I started with the old picture. I even logged out and in again and it still did it....... 

Any ideas? I will try again tonight because the image i want is on my pc at home.

Subject: Re: Changing Avatar Help

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/12/09 at 8:07 am

I tried to change mine to a Hhalloween one on saturday but it wouldn't let me.  :-\\

I checked the 'I will upload my own picture' box, browsed, found and opened the one I wanted. Clicked the save box at the bottom of the page and it just brought up the same page, back were I started with the old picture. I even logged out and in again and it still did it....... 

Any ideas? I will try again tonight because the image i want is on my pc at home.

either file size or image dimensions... can't upload a really huge picture.

Written By: Tam on 10/12/09 at 9:52 am

Gis...
if you wanted the monkey in the costume... it is there. Sometimes the browser doesn't grab the pic in enough time in order for it to appear after you have changed it. I have had to refresh before and tell other people to wait a bit and refresh. Pain in the butt.
But yours is there! I promise you!

Written By: wildcard on 10/12/09 at 1:08 pm

I have found if say the picture I was using came from my computer and the one that I'm changing to is from Photobucket,  I can see the change.  Change to and from different sources shows up.

Written By: Gis on 10/15/09 at 3:27 am

I've gone back to my old picture again! Confused..........

Check for new replies or respond here...