inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is Candy Corn?

Written By: Stompgal on 10/17/09 at 10:49 am

I have logged onto this forum for the first time in a while and noticed that all members have 'Candy Corn' in every thread they post. What is is for?

Subject: Re: What is Candy Corn?

Written By: Tam on 10/17/09 at 11:01 am

I have logged onto this forum for the first time in a while and noticed that all members have 'Candy Corn' in every thread they post. What is is for?

Candy corn is the applaud system that we use. Normally it is called Karamel Sutra, but for Halloween we changed the name.

If you like something someone has posted, you can click 'Treat' and that will give them applause. If you don't like a post or don't agree with a post, or just feel like being silly, you can click "Trick" and that will give the poster a negative applause. It doesn't count towards the overall balance of the Treat applause though. ;)

That's pretty much it. I am sure if I didn't explain something, or I missed something all together, someone else will chime in to help me out!

Good to see you back!

Tam

Written By: Henk on 10/17/09 at 11:20 am

I think somebodys just earned herselves a treat.

Written By: wildcard on 10/17/09 at 5:50 pm

You know, we could probably use the trick thing for smites later if thats cool with everyone.   

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/17/09 at 6:40 pm

You know, we could probably use the trick thing for smites later if thats cool with everyone.     

nah, I'd prefer not to. If you make it something "negative" people will feel offended, or feel like if they have a bunch of them people are being mean, etc.  I know of some online games where people jump the newbies and threaten them with negative feedback if they don't give them something in exchange for leaving them alone. 

My plan right now is to just have two different items moving forward.  we'll probably change the names occasionally just to be goofy

It's more like "Whose Line Is It" where the points are meaningless at the end of the game....

Written By: wildcard on 10/17/09 at 8:12 pm

^  I want everything to remain meaningless, I just was thinking that we could smoething like that for the smite club that would be easier then having someone count and update it by hand.  Maybe only for smite club members or just have it in the smite thread if it could be done.  Lets forget you think it will cause more problems. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/17/09 at 8:28 pm

^  I want everything to remain meaningless, I just was thinking that we could smoething like that for the smite club that would be easier then having someone count and update it by hand.  Maybe only for smite club members or just have it in the smite thread if it could be done.  Lets forget you think it will cause more problems.   

It's more work to try and code something to allow a voluntary admission into a smite club in the software.  It's not that it's not possible, I just don't feel like coding it.  At least not until the 2.0 version of the board software is finalized.

Written By: wildcard on 10/17/09 at 9:09 pm

Okay that's cool, I just wanted to make sure you understood where I was coming from with my idea in case it was a good one.  I left out the words then solve in my last sentence.  that would include the programming as well as any confusion or offended feelings it might bring.  Not a good idea right now. 

Check for new replies or respond here...