inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: weird pop up

Written By: Dagwood on 12/07/09 at 2:36 pm

I was in a birthday thread and got a weird pop up saying an ip was requesting my username and password and that it was from "admin".  It looked like the box I get when I log into my editor page.  I didn't put my info in.  It was around 1:15 mountain time right after Tam posted that a member she banned was trying to log back on.

Subject: Re: weird pop up

Written By: Red Ant on 12/07/09 at 2:44 pm

Hopefully Chucky can locate the source of the pop-up.

No admins/LMs/mods here will request information of that nature. We don't need it.

If anyone else gets similar pop-ups or requests, please do like Dagny did and do not reply to them. If possible, get a screenshot as well. Thanks all.

Ant

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/07/09 at 6:38 pm

I was in a birthday thread and got a weird pop up saying an ip was requesting my username and password and that it was from "admin".  It looked like the box I get when I log into my editor page.  I didn't put my info in.  It was around 1:15 mountain time right after Tam posted that a member she banned was trying to log back on.

which birthday thread?  might be caused by an image someone is hotlinked in their post

Written By: Dagwood on 12/07/09 at 7:02 pm

You are right.  It was Marty McFly's and when I went in to get the link it happened again.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=38250.0

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/07/09 at 7:09 pm

You are right.  It was Marty McFly's and when I went in to get the link it happened again.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=38250.0

oddly only happens with IE.  It was the image Danoota&Me linked to.  I removed it.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/07/09 at 7:22 pm

oddly only happens with IE.  It was the image Danoota&Me linked to.  I removed it.

I have Firefox and it hit me there.  I refuse to use IE.

Oh well...at least it was an easy problem.  I would hate to think someone was trying to hack again.

Check for new replies or respond here...