inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Database Error

Written By: Howard on 04/28/10 at 6:56 am

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Is anyone having trouble with the site cause I was posting before and all of a sudden I get this message and then when I post again it tells me that I already submitted this message please try again and refresh the page.

Subject: Re: Database Error

Written By: lola669 on 04/28/10 at 7:25 am

Yep, it's been happening to me too. 

Written By: karen on 04/28/10 at 7:35 am

me too

Written By: Howard on 04/28/10 at 7:41 am

How long has this been happening if anyone knows by any chance?  ???

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/28/10 at 8:12 am

not sure what's going on.  looking into it

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/28/10 at 8:16 am

ugh... looks like a problem with the server, I'm going to have to wait until I get home tonight to fix it since my admin stuff is blocked at work.  yesh, why did this start to happen right after I went to work this morning.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/28/10 at 9:10 am

It looked pretty serious, so I drove home to work on it.

It appears that the hard drive is on the way out, and it locked the tmp folder as a result (which makes zero sense to me, but hey, that's Linux in general)

Before I do anything, I'm going to run a complete backup of the sites and download them. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/28/10 at 7:23 pm

test

Written By: nally on 04/28/10 at 10:09 pm

Glad I didn't try to log in before leaving for work this morning.

And I guess I didn't miss anything "eventful" during the day...lol

Written By: Howard on 04/29/10 at 6:19 am

Glad I didn't try to log in before leaving for work this morning.

And I guess I didn't miss anything "eventful" during the day...lol

Glad everything's ok,hope it doesn't happen anymore.

Written By: Toreys Lover on 06/04/10 at 4:15 pm

To the best of my knowledge, it's a feature in SMF, but it messes up from time to time, it's to prevent double posting. It may also be a mod you installed that is causing it.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/04/10 at 4:29 pm

To the best of my knowledge, it's a feature in SMF, but it messes up from time to time, it's to prevent double posting. It may also be a mod you installed that is causing it.

It was neither of these things, this was something to do with the server's hard drive failing and being placed into read only mode on the temp directory.  Moved to a new server so hopefully this issue won't repeat anytime soon.

Written By: Toreys Lover on 06/04/10 at 7:16 pm

Hmmmm, because I've seen this on the forum I run from time to time, and it had nothing to do with the server. Well, at least it's fixed.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/04/10 at 7:34 pm

Hmmmm, because I've seen this on the forum I run from time to time, and it had nothing to do with the server. Well, at least it's fixed.

well, this particular error message is fairly vague and non-specific.  when I log in as an administrator I get a more detailed report.  or at least when this one happened I did.

Check for new replies or respond here...