inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Older Threads

Written By: Hud on 09/02/10 at 11:12 am

As a newb to the site, I just noticed if I find a topic of interest I'd like to make a comment on, I get a Warning: No one has posted here in four months and if you do, expect a visit by badge-toting men in black, or something to that effect. My dumb q is: why discourage a bump?

Subject: Re: Older Threads

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/02/10 at 11:20 am

I've never seen that, I guess I haven't gone back far enough.  If there is something you want to discuss, you could always start a new topic (even if it's been done a while ago.).

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/02/10 at 11:57 am

As a newb to the site, I just noticed if I find a topic of interest I'd like to make a comment on, I get a Warning: No one has posted here in four months and if you do, expect a visit by badge-toting men in black, or something to that effect. My dumb q is: why discourage a bump?

Most old topics are old for a reason, the people who discussed it are done and have moved on.  You can certainly post in an old topic if you have something of interest to add that was missed.  The message is mostly to discourage people from posting a "me too" type of response to an ancient thread, which wouldn't really contribute much discussion.

If we didn't want people to post at all in an old topic, we could just auto-lock them and force a new thread to be started.  I don't think people complain much about old threads getting bumps anyways, so I really wouldn't sweat it if you want to bump one.

Written By: Hud on 09/03/10 at 1:32 am

That answers it. tyvm  :)

Subject:

Written By: Dude111 on 12/22/10 at 4:11 am

I don't think people complain much about old threads getting bumps anyways, so I really wouldn't sweat it if you want to bump one.

I cant believe how many do Chuck,ITS THE STUPIDIST THING EVER!!

Dont they have anything better to worry about??

Nothing wrong with a date!

Check for new replies or respond here...